"Bugger off! - we own the beach here" Thai "mafia" tell Indians before assault near Pattaya police station

webfact

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/23/2018 at 2:29 AM, Orac said:

An indian man and two younger indian women on Pattaya beach at midnight - maybe a misunderstanding about why they were there?

You're suggesting the group were mistaken for an Indian pimp with two Indian ladies of the night. Given the location and the time of day that's not implausible.

9 hours ago, Kim J said:

I have never heard such lillly  livere'd logic as you are spouting here. This is "South East Asia's premier family resort". Should it not be safe and problem free for the "quality tourists" to enjoy?

I agree it should be safe but it's move up the beach or get a kicking.

On 5/23/2018 at 5:32 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes. not sure how this happened. Maybe the usual Thai trait of thinking they are more important than they are. These so-called mafia are, all the time, no more than small-time petty criminals. Thais do not have the brains to be big-time organised criminals. Well, except maybe the politicians..,,

And a couple of large Government departments that I could  (but won't) mention.

On 9/15/2018 at 8:46 PM, fanjita said:

Would've been easier and safer to move up the beach if there was such an argument.

Exactly. Three Cheapskate tourists,  notorious for their parsimony,  get into a row with local toughs and come off worse. Hardly news. Not when it was published 6 months ago and not now.

25 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

The Indian has the option of hiring someone to extract justice. It has worked for me on many occasions. It's amazing how they beg and plead when they are having their brains beaten out.

You have a vivid fantasy life ...I hope. How much do you pay to have somebody beg to stop their brains being beaten out?

I watched a french documentary on warlords controlling the drugs business in the golden triangle. This was an old documentary in the early 1980s. The warlord had a small army of young boys and men. They control quite a vast area and they made the laws of course.

So tourists would do well if they understand Thailand is controlled by warlords, from big to small, they make the laws within the laws(the legal ones)

If only those Indians had understood the little warlords control the area they wouldn't have to suffer the indignity of being whack .

The normal tourists don't understand the hierarchy of warlords . If they offend the big one they get into real trouble. They have men ready to do you in. You cannot win.

The warlords control the bars, pubs, prostitution etc., they are the big brothers. And of course close friends of the laws. They are buddies that's why you cannot win. If you do won for any reasons then it would be an exception.

On 5/23/2018 at 10:05 AM, Peterw42 said:

An Indian "businessman" (whatever that means) got in an argument with another "Indian " man, and was then chased away. 

Thats two non-Thais fighting, and some how its beach mafia behaving badly. 

since these beach-mat-mafia clowns think they "own the beach" ,they probably  told the Indians to $hut the #uk up and either rent some mats from them or get the hell out.

Indians probably replied with an Indian head wobble( in agreement or between a "maybe" and "I don't know" and "maybe not") but the Thais took that as an insult or a sign of aggression and chased them out.

------T H E   E N D------

Moral of the story; Don't wobble your head in another country

On 5/23/2018 at 2:29 AM, Orac said:

An indian man and two younger indian women on Pattaya beach at midnight - maybe a misunderstanding about why they were there?

On 5/23/2018 at 2:33 AM, Lamkyong said:

so already its a bash the indians thread, leave it out

The Indian guys on Beach Road at night are such a charming bunch.

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, madusa said:

I watched a french documentary on warlords controlling the drugs business in the golden triangle. This was an old documentary in the early 1980s. The warlord had a small army of young boys and men. They control quite a vast area and they made the laws of course.

So tourists would do well if they understand Thailand is controlled by warlords, from big to small, they make the laws within the laws(the legal ones)

If only those Indians had understood the little warlords control the area they wouldn't have to suffer the indignity of being whack .

The normal tourists don't understand the hierarchy of warlords . If they offend the big one they get into real trouble. They have men ready to do you in. You cannot win.

The warlords control the bars, pubs, prostitution etc., they are the big brothers. And of course close friends of the laws. They are buddies that's why you cannot win. If you do won for any reasons then it would be an exception.

Completely agree 10 years ago. Today, anyone savy enough to have their smart phone tethered to the cloud can video uploaded in real time to Facebook or anywhere safe for a million You Tube viewers to watch. They are doomed. Recent videos have shown that Thai authorities react quickly to these public videos of mafia behaving badly. This is the only way it is going to stop.

10 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

Completely agree 10 years ago. Today, anyone savy enough to have their smart phone tethered to the cloud can video uploaded in real time to Facebook or anywhere safe for a million You Tube viewers to watch. They are doomed. Recent videos have shown that Thai authorities react quickly to these public videos of mafia behaving badly. This is the only way it is going to stop.

Yes, scoutman360 you may be right but still troubles come  up. These warlords may be more careful now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 8:36 AM, darksidedog said:

Two days ago we get the cops telling the motorbike taxis to behave themselves, which they probably won't. Now it is the mafia on the beach behaving badly. Don't forget the street vendors, who aren't averse to getting aggressive when you don't buy their crap. I am not even going to start on the taxis.The amount of poor behaviour by those who make a living from tourism is really disgraceful. All the time those who actually do get caught get off with a wai and 500 Baht fine, expect to see a whole lot more from the whole sorry lot of them.

Good points. The beach should be something that everyone has access to, 24 hours a day. The beach should not be a franchise. If the police had any concern for law and order, these creeps would be locked up for years. But, you do not want to bite the hand that feeds you. It is amazing that people still visit Pattaya, after all these years of incidents, and the police doing absolutely nothing to improve conditions for the tourists. As far as the Indians go, I am not going to engage in small minded racist rants. I tend to like Indian people, and feel they bring an awful lot to the table. On many levels what they have accomplished as a people and as a nation in the past 70 years since their independence is astonishing. The British stole so much from them. India was a very prosperous nation if you go back to the 4th millennium BC, to about the time of Christ, and then look at the period from the 11th to the 18th century, before the Brits got their hands on their riches. There was a reason they were referred to as the jewel in the crown.

The army has changed very little here. Made few improvement.

Good riddens. In a few more months they will be gone. They are deeply unpopular. The elections will demonstrate that. Nobody will miss them. They have accomplished very little in their four years of rule. Gone baby gone. Goodbye guys. Good luck! See ya! 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, spidermike007 said:

Good points. The beach should be something that everyone has access to, 24 hours a day. The beach should not be a franchise.  //

Did you ever come to Pattaya ? :unsure:

Only a tiny band of sand, just along the Beach promenade, is - partially - franchised to people renting beach chairs.

The biggest part of the beach - by far - is free access to every one, every day at every hour.

Good points. The beach should be something that everyone has access to, 24 hours a day. The beach should not be a franchise. If the police had any concern for law and order, these creeps would be locked up for years. But, you do not want to bite the hand that feeds you. It is amazing that people still visit Pattaya, after all these years of incidents, and the police doing absolutely nothing to improve conditions for the tourists. As far as the Indians go, I am not going to engage in small minded racist rants. I tend to like Indian people, and feel they bring an awful lot to the table. On many levels what they have accomplished as a people and as a nation in the past 70 years since their independence is astonishing. The British stole so much from them. India was a very prosperous nation if you go back to the 4th millennium BC, to about the time of Christ, and then look at the period from the 11th to the 18th century, before the Brits got their hands on their riches. There was a reason they were referred to as the jewel in the crown.

Good riddens. In a few more months they will be gone. They are deeply unpopular. The elections will demonstrate that. Nobody will miss them. They have accomplished very little in their four years of rule. Gone baby gone. Goodbye guys. Good luck! See ya! 

We finally got there, took 9 pages, blame it on the British!!!!!
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 8:10 AM, webfact said:

Baldeep Singh Gulati, 41, was hit in the face and knocked down

The foreigners should have done the right thing. I don't blame the Thais. This is Thailand, and anyway I'm sure the Thais who (allegedly) assaulted these Indians had good, pure intentions. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2018 at 3:10 AM, spidermike007 said:

Yes but err no sadly.

Archived