For Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallets in Thailand

stefan2519

Are you a cryptocurrency investor in Thailand? You may have heard that web wallets or desktop wallets connected to the Internet (“hot” wallets), aren’t the most secure, and you may not necessarily want to hold your assets on a paper wallet. Usually, the most optimal storage option for cryptocoins is a hardware wallet, and if you’re in Thailand, the place to buy this is definitely from siambc.

SIAMBC is Thailand’s premier hardware wallet reseller. They are a leader in importing Blockchain-related products and sell a variety of wallets such as the Ledger Nano S, Digital Bitbox, and the Trezor. Protect your assets by safely storing your sensitive crypto information on a physical device with a pin code that only you have access to - no need for 2FA security as there is no Internet login. Hardware wallets are the answer to how to protect your crypto assets from attacks such as viruses or malware - they are virtually hacker-proof.

Personally, I prefer the Ledger Nano S. From the SIAMBC website: “Ledger Nano S includes Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and Ethereum Classic companion apps, and other blockchain-based cryptocurrencies. You can send and receive payments, check your accounts and manage multiple addresses for each currency from the same device." Ledger Nano S is known for having some of the most responsive and helpful support staff.

SIAMBC also sells the KeepKey which is a USB device that stores and secures your Bitcoins. By using a special OLED display and confirmation button, each and every one of your Bitcoin transactions must be personally approved by you on the device, making it virtually impossible for hackers to access your funds.

Hardware wallets are one of the safest options for long term holding, and the device also makes it easy to send and receive coins. As always, you will be asked to backup your device information in case you lose it or you forget the pin.

SIAMBC uses Kerry Express for free shipping anywhere in Thailand in 1-3 business days. For any inquiry, you can freely contact them via email or phone number at the link here: SIAMBC HARDWARE WALLETS

download.jpg

2 hours ago, angy said:

I have one Legder Nano S for sell at 3300 Baht, can also make installation if needed for 500 Baht, message me if interested

ledger.png

They are only  ฿3,490.00 from a certified dealer factory sealed, and including Kerry insured signed for delivery from the link above.
Good luck on your sale. 

20 hours ago, angy said:

I try to sell here till june 20th, is not a problem, if I don't sale here I'll sell in Italy end of june to my friend

They are the best IMO so it should sell no doubt. 

On 6/4/2018 at 5:41 PM, angy said:

I have one Legder Nano S for sell at 3300 Baht, can also make installation if needed for 500 Baht, message me if interested

ledger.png

no one should buy from a private seller. Only but from the manufacturer.....

9 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

no one should buy from a private seller. Only but from the manufacturer.....

True but to add the Ledger has software that will recognize if it has been tampered with.
A full format will wipe any software from it and then you update the firmware.
It's in the manual and on their site. 
Not arguing on the rights or wrongs just saying it is technically safe to buy a secondhand Ledger. 

12 hours ago, stefan2519 said:

True but to add the Ledger has software that will recognize if it has been tampered with.
A full format will wipe any software from it and then you update the firmware.
It's in the manual and on their site. 
Not arguing on the rights or wrongs just saying it is technically safe to buy a secondhand Ledger. 

I agree, no point getting carried away, its not that scary

Absolutely not, I would never trust a reseller. You can buy all these online from the manufacturer website and have them shipped directly to you. Other than that companies for example for a coin like Cardano are offering offline printable paper wallets as these are becoming more common if you are worried about hacking.

22 hours ago, vinegarbase said:

Absolutely not, I would never trust a reseller. You can buy all these online from the manufacturer website and have them shipped directly to you. Other than that companies for example for a coin like Cardano are offering offline printable paper wallets as these are becoming more common if you are worried about hacking.

you're right, don't buy from a reseller because you don't know what is the Ledger. Use a paper that is more suitable for your knowledge of this matters.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:54 AM, vinegarbase said:

Please, refer to the official Ledger statement on this matter: second-hand-ledger-device

As I mentioned before, as long as you are capable and KNOW what you are doing, buying a secondhand Ledger is not dangerous.
Also, as mentioned before SiamBC is an official retailer for ledger, Trezor, and Keepkey. This will avoid you paying the extortionate import fees if your imported one was to be charged the 20-33% import duty. 

Have a great day.  

• 1 month later...

This will be just a short write-up on the Leder Nano S that I bought from SIAMBC.
I will add to this when I have more time. 
I’ve been using it for a while, and I wanted to write an unbiased review which will be easy to understand and follow up for people who are just getting into the crypto world.
The Ledger is by far your safest option for storing crypto due to the support and currencies it supports.

I purchased it from SIAMBC because they are the certified Ledger recommended retailer in Thailand.
Their website was very easy to use and order and payment was swift.
The Ledger was 24hr shipped via signed recorded delivery from Kerry Express, from order to delivery was less than 24hr even though I am 800 Km from their shop. 
The whole process from ordering and delivery was simple and without issue.

Once I plugged in the device, it will randomly generate a private key for you. The private key is the master key to all of your coins and should be kept offline and securely. Nano S has a microchip which enables internal generation of the key and does not require internet access to create.

The private key is your secret. It’s kept internally and never leaves the device. The Nano S allows you to pay and receive the payments by signing transactions privately and then spitting out the written confirmation without.

If this is a bit hard to understand, here’s a simplified example. Your Nano S is your safe. Inside that safe, you have an important password (24-words key) which gives access to your bank accounts.

It signs signing transactions inside based on your private key. When signed, it spits out the signed check. What is amazing about cryptocurrency, in general, is that that signature is only valid for that set of input, it’s unique for each transaction.

Steps to follow once you get the Ledger Nano S -
1. Reset the Ledger Nano S, and install the new Ledger Live app on computer and verify the Ledger 
2. Generate set of words
3. Note it down
4. Send (a really) small amount of currency to the newly set device
5. Reset ledger
6. Use the set of words to restore
7. Check the balance to ensure proper recovery

This will then be safe to use and you should understand exactly how to use and reinstall the device if there is ever an issue.

I will make more tips and updates to this thread. 

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, stefan2519 said:

Please, refer to Ledger's official statement here: Statement

Also, check official retailers within Thailand here: Retailers SIAMBC

Posted in the reddit.com/r/Trezor forum about a year ago:

Someone purchased from a Trezor 3rd party Amazon reseller.

There was a problem with it during the warranty period.

Trezor said it has to go to the reseller and the reseller will deal with Trezor for the repair/replace.

The reseller didn't respond to the buyer and I believe he'd stopped advertising on Amazon.

3 months had passed with the buyer not getting it resolved.

Perhaps Ledger would've handled it better. 

Pethaps not.

Also note that in the last year or 2 vulnerabilities have been found in both Trezor and Ledger.

These were patched before any users were exploited.

I

Want to take a chance that there is another vulnerability discovered by a seller of a used Ledger or by a 3rd party seller of new Ledgers, in order to save a small amount of money by not buying new direct from manufacturer?

Risk to Reward says "No" imo.

2 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Also note that in the last year or 2 vulnerabilities have been found in both Trezor and Ledger.

These were patched before any users were exploited.

I

Want to take a chance that there is another vulnerability discovered by a seller of a used Ledger or by a 3rd party seller of new Ledgers, in order to save a small amount of money by not buying new direct from manufacturer?

Risk to Reward says "No" imo.

You mentioned Ledger so I replied to that topic.

As I mentioned before SIAMBC is a recommended retailer for Ledger and a number of others (main dealer), not a third party.

On 9/2/2018 at 5:47 PM, dorchester said:

i bought my wallet from amazon using crypto to purchase a gift card,then using the gift card to redeem the wallet that was shipped to a friends house.It's not perfect but the trail is kinda foggy

The Ledger is by far the best at this current point, more support and features. 
You won't be disappointed with it. 

Anyone with significant funds in bitcoin or others should learn how to generate your own private keys offline securely (Google cold storage) ,

preferably on an airgap computer and even better  with a privacy o/s like tails but any old Windows laptop will work as long as you maintain the airgap 

It's not that difficult and there are plenty of YouTube instructional videos

39 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

You bought a secure hardware wallet for 3500 baht in May.

Meanwhile you lost 60,000 baht on bitcoin.

It's very useful to purchase a secure hardware wallet to hold failing crypto.

It's still a logical step to protect his investment until the next bullrun

People who bought gold for $1900 in 2011 are still paying to keep it secure even though it is only worth $1190 in todays weaker dollars

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

It's still a logical step to protect his investment until the next bullrun

People who bought gold for $1900 in 2011 are still paying to keep it secure even though it is only worth $1190 in todays weaker dollars

Bitcoin and some other crypto could have had a chance if the incredible amount of crap coins didn't hit the unregulated open scummy market. Now, it's giong to zero. No bull run. It's a falling knife. In the downward spiral. Turn off the lights.

Archived