Multiple Entry Non O visa based on marriage at Savanakhet

Hello All,

Last year I went to Savanakhet, Laos to renew my Multiple Entry Non O visa based on marriage.

Last year I took:

Passport and passport copy

2 X photographs

original and copy of marriage certificate (both sides)

Copy of wife ID card and passport (signed)

5000 THB for Multi Entry Visa

Has anything changed? Any information would be a great help.

2 weeks ago still the same. But as usual, I dropped in to the shop across the road from the consulate for them to check my papers. Had to make me another copy, 10 baht for peace of mind. Too easy.

Edited by Goanna

Question. I have always done extension but there might be a case that I wont have time to do it so when I come back to Thailand with expired non o based on marriage, I will get 30 days with tourist status and I can just go to Savannakhet with required papers and will get the non on based o marriage?

And how does the multientry visa first year goes? I need to get out of the country every 90 days and when the year has passed I will get the extension? I have some memory that you can get even more than 1 year with the non o visa first year? 

Edited by Topah

17 minutes ago, Topah said:

Question. I have always done extension but there might be a case that I wont have time to do it so when I come back to Thailand with expired non o based on marriage, I will get 30 days with tourist status and I can just go to Savannakhet with required papers and will get the non on based o marriage?

Not problem to get a multiple entry non-o visa. You could also get a single entry visa and apply for the one year extension based upon marriage during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from it.

17 minutes ago, Topah said:

And how does the multientry visa first year goes? I need to get out of the country every 90 days and when the year has passed I will get the extension? I have some memory that you can get even more than 1 year with the non o visa first year? 

You have to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry. You could apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from the visa. 

You can get a new 90 day entry as long you do a entry on or before the visa expires. You can get a 60 day extension of that entry to get a total stay from the visa of almost 17 months.

3 hours ago, Goanna said:

2 weeks ago still the same. But as usual, I dropped in to the shop across the road from the consulate for them to check my papers. Had to make me another copy, 10 baht for peace of mind. Too easy.

You honestly can't trust yourself to get it right? How do you get through life?

4 minutes ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

This is Thailand, officials love their authority, all it can take is a new boss at an Immigration office, or anywhere else that has any kind of authority, and there you go.?

I love that I just turned on the computer looking for a clear concise list of whats needed and got this thread in 2 minutes. Just what I needed.

I have been dreading this run but I have 7 days left on my last entry so will be going on Sunday or Monday I guess.

I'm going to take the stupid and expensive option and fly bkk - savannakhet - bkk. I really can't get my head around Mukdahan.

What will I need for my Laos visa (I assume it's visa on arrival at airport). Do I just need a few passport pics and some cash?

Also looking at flights, I'm gonna arrive Sunday arvo and won't be able to leave until Wednesday morning. Any recommendations on accomodation and some food that isn't some dried up fish or crispy pig ear or something. Thanks.

There was a very detailed thread a man posted a few months ago but I can't find it

Did mine Wednesday, so easy but immigration made me get an re-entry permit for Thailand 1000bht.

Coming back through the IO got confused with my new visa and the re-entry permit and she was supposed to be the boss ,an underling had to explain.

Besides that all smooth sailing.

Stayed at Dao Savanh resort which was decent enough.

19 minutes ago, Bazt said:

Did mine Wednesday, so easy but immigration made me get an re-entry permit for Thailand 1000bht.

Coming back through the IO got confused with my new visa and the re-entry permit and she was supposed to be the boss ,an underling had to explain.

Besides that all smooth sailing.

Stayed at Dao Savanh resort which was decent enough.

I didnt think reentry permits were needed for miltiple entry non o. I been in and out of thailand a bunch of time during my last year on this visa and never bought a reentry permit

4 hours ago, sikishrory said:

I didnt think reentry permits were needed for miltiple entry non o. I been in and out of thailand a bunch of time during my last year on this visa and never bought a reentry permit

The excuse was sometimes visa is refused so you can't get back into Thailand 

6 hours ago, Bazt said:

The excuse was sometimes visa is refused so you can't get back into Thailand 

That would usually only be an issue if (i) you had already done two visa exempt entries by land this year; or (ii) you are from a country whose nationals are not eligible for visa exempt entry to Thailand. Your report is unusual.

EDIT: Actually, I am surprised that you can even get a re-entry permit when leaving Thailand via the Friendship Bridge 2.

Edited by BritTim

I was on marriage extension, they were adamant that I needed a re-entry permit even got a receipt so wasn't put in their pocket.
Coming back through Thai immigration they asked if they can take a photo of me and the missus for a promotion :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 5/25/2018 at 4:46 PM, Pat in Pattaya said:

Are you shitting me? I pay ten baht to fill in the form and get some photocopy, because 300km is a fing long way, and I couldn't be bothered rooting around. Pattaya must be spoiling some people. 3rd time. Peace of mind bud.

13 minutes ago, Goanna said:

Are you shitting me? I pay ten baht to fill in the form and get some photocopy, because 300km is a fing long way, and I couldn't be bothered rooting around. Pattaya must be spoiling some people. 3rd time. Peace of mind bud.

It is very simple and straightforward what is needed, yet as a grown man you couldn't trust yourself to get it right. So I'm afraid my point stands, bud.

What time does this border open and close? Im in a van now and wondering if i have time. Its 4.44pm. The stooge driver wants 200 baht to go literally 1km extra from ploy palace. 

So if I don't make then what times it open in the morning? 

30 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

What time does this border open and close? Im in a van now and wondering if i have time. Its 4.44pm. The stooge driver wants 200 baht to go literally 1km extra from ploy palace. 

So if I don't make then what times it open in the morning? 

The problem is not the closing time of the bridge. The a Lao visa on arrival office officially closes at 6 pm but may be open later if they are busy. If the office is closed Thai immigration will not allow you to leave the country.

The first bus across the bridge leaves at 7:30 am from the bus station in Mukdahan.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The problem is not the closing time of the bridge. The a Lao visa on arrival office officially closes at 6 pm but may be open later if they are busy. If the office is closed Thai immigration will not allow you to leave the country.

The first bus across the bridge leaves at 7:30 am from the bus station in Mukdahan.

Thanks

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

May i ask what the process is with getting stamped out. I have arrived at border. Gone to immigration counter. Grumpy bloke told me to buy a ticket. Bought a ticket and went back and he has shooed me away to go sit and wait for the 7.00 bus. Doesnt seem interested in stamping me. Meanwhile another girl has gone up and been stamped out but shes travelling by car. 

Confused

7 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

May i ask what the process is with getting stamped out. I have arrived at border. Gone to immigration counter. Grumpy bloke told me to buy a ticket. Bought a ticket and went back and he has shooed me away to go sit and wait for the 7.00 bus. Doesnt seem interested in stamping me. Meanwhile another girl has gone up and been stamped out but shes travelling by car. 

Confused

I think he is concerned that the Lao visa on arrival office will be closed before the bus arrives. He would have to void out your departure stamp if you could not enter Laos.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I think he is concerned that the Lao visa on arrival office will be closed before the bus arrives. He would have to void out your departure stamp if you could not enter Laos.

Makes sense. Thanks. I will try him again when bus arrives. Dunno why he needs to be such a crankypants about it

On 5/25/2018 at 1:43 PM, Goanna said:

They also have the application form, but you can download it here. Makes it much faster when you filled it in before. 

SVK-VisaForm Laos.PDF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

Made it over. Got on last bus at about 7.30pm. So actually seems it is open a bit later than 6pm. Prob 7.45pm when i got my laos  visa done. I was last on the bus but the driver waited for me luckily

Congrats!! Non-B with a criminal record? 

Edited by jenny2017

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Monkeycity said:

Hi, is the form above up to date? Should the permanent address be my home country or in Thailand? I would like to print it off and do it all beforehand as I heard there is a huge queue.

Here is the link to the consulate website.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/contents/files/services-20190820-153837-960459.PDF

Home country if applying for a tourist visa.