Need Help About Non-B Visa?

Hello! If someone can help me, I will be appreciated.

It will be my first time to apply for Non-B visa. So I don't know how its work. Actually my agency preparing my documents right now but I'm still stress out.

Last time(3 days ago) they told me,they are waiting letter from ministry of education and my school is private.

Now my questions is; my agency told me that I have to go penang for apply non -b 

1)what is letter from ministry of education? How long it takes? before this letter also school have to write letter to ministry of education right?

2)thai consulate in penang, What kind of documents request for non b?

3)i have degree, toeic, criminal record from thailand and home country. anything else need from my side?

thank you!

2 hours ago, Loaded said:

The moe letter can take 4 weeks to process in Chiang Mai. You are at the mercy of a self-important government employee and her signature. The letter should only take 5 mins to prepare but this is Thailand.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I see. My school at surat thani. And how bout my number 2 and 3 questions?

Your employer is responsible for providing you with the correct documents. As there is little consistency at Thai consulates and embassies regarding requirements, my school will always contact the embassy/consulate where the teacher plans to visit to confirm their current requirements.

Penang's website seems to be only in Thai but you can take a look at Kuala Lumphur's requirements here:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/files/services-20170329-105646-383024.pdf

The letter of approval from OPEC is the 'moe' one mentioned before.

Discussion on the Visa page of TV suggests Penang recently changed their consul and he/she is changing some visa requirements. Being Thailand, we won't know until people are refused because they didn't possess something that they weren't told to possess and then report back on forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Be warned. Years ago when I wasnt teaching Penang was my favored consulate. I'd met dozens of teachers that would get sent down there on their own money with paperwork the agency and schools but especially agencies knew was insufficient. They hapless teacher would call back and say oh..the paperwork blah blah. Agency would tell you just to get a single TR and come back. So they'd return and teach two months and get sent down again - again, the paperwork was no good. Again they told the teacher to get a TR and return and PROMISE. This continues until the teacher gets smart and leaves at which point the agency uses all the clauses and caveats to screw them out of any and all pay due.

If you do not have a degree you will never get a proper visa. But honestly, they don't want you to have one regardless.

This behavior is notorious for Surat Thani and Nakon Sii Thammarat.

Archived