New idea in Thai computer repair - needle and thread!

webfact

New idea in Thai computer repair - needle and thread!

1pm.jpg

Pictures: Daily News

A Thai woman was cross with herself after dropping her computer notebook - but there was much more grief to follow.

She smiled when she took it into the shop and the technician said: "Don't worry, luv, - we'll sew it up for you".

Thinking that was just a joke she was aghast when a friend went to pick up her damaged property - and found out that the shop had really sewn it up just like a clothes repair.

And they had done a pretty rough job for 300 baht at that!

"Crotty Warissara" went on Facebook to say that she was in tears - and did anyone know a reputable shop?

news_jjziDtNCAy190220_533.jpg

Daily News said in their headline that they didn't know whether to laugh - or feel pity for the customer.

Here at Thaivisa we wonder whether this story will lead to a long thread but hope posters don't give Warissara too much needle.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-24

They actually told her from start what they were going to do. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

She smiled when she took it into the shop and the technician said: "Don't worry, luv, - we'll sew it up for you".

No lawyer in the world can fix that! :cheesy:

11 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Let's hope they did not apply for a job with the planned aircraft maintenance hub.

Perhaps they were thinking of those very early bi-planes with the fabric-covered wingspan sewn onto the framework.

She was trying to save thousands of baht for replacement parts in the first place and didn't ask what a 300 baht repair would get her, she went for the cheap fix.

It probably took the technician a "hole" day to make those holes but he did have dial string in stock.  Thai ingenuity and probably not the first stitch job.

Now she's crying about the workmanship and wants to pay the thousands of baht to someone else to save face amongst her peers, online of course.

In my previous lives I used PLASTIPAIR to secure casings (like spot welding).  A fast pass over the spots with a soldering iron and you're back in the case.  Barely noticable fixes.  No fancy stitch work, except for speaker grills.

I had my laptop snap-in hinge cover break off.  I kept throwing the cover to the side and the last time in the trash can by my desk.  But it magically kept appearing on my laptop lid but this time taped.

Finally I got an idea and put some of that putty used for attaching posters and things to walls on the inside of the hinge cover.  Push down, job done, and no plastic welds.  My wife just had to save face, but for me of course.  I'm still glad I figured out the fix and I had the putty in stock.

Archived