Kiwi dies on holiday in Phuket celebrating second wedding anniversary

webfact

Kiwi dies on holiday in Thailand celebrating second wedding anniversary

By: Michael Neilson

Reporter, NZ Herald

Fowler.jpg

Harley Fowler, from the Hibiscus Coast, died during a workout while on a dream holiday in Thailand.

Super-fit Kiwi Harley Fowler was on a dream holiday in Thailand, celebrating his second wedding anniversary with his soul mate, when he died suddenly.

The father and crossfit trainer from the Hibiscus Coast is reported to have collapsed and died from a heart attack last night during a workout in Phuket. He was just 32.

CrossFit Hibiscus owner John Taurua said the circumstances surrounding Fowler's death were still relatively unknown, but had come as a massive shock.

Full story: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12057722

-- NZ Herald 2018-05-24

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

The father and crossfit trainer from the Hibiscus Coast is reported to have collapsed and died from a heart attack last night during a workout

That just cement the theory that excercising ain´t good for you. Sit down, take a beer and just grow old and bald. 

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

That just cement the theory that excercising ain´t good for you. Sit down, take a beer and just grow old and bald. 

Nonsense. The deceased  obviously had an undiagnosed heart ailment. Sudden cardiac death is not unusual.

14 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Nonsense. The deceased  obviously had an undiagnosed heart ailment. Sudden cardiac death is not unusual.

Opps! Just put my coffée in the air way! Congrats! You are the first Mr. Serious today:

47 minutes ago, thaibutty said:

apparently, the sudden death of a young man on holiday is such a laughing matter to you...

And when did I say that. I was just amazed over that human intelligence ain´t wide spread enough to understand my first post was meant to be a little bit funny to take away the seriousness of the death of a person most of us here to not know anyway.

Next time you can think before accusing somebody of something that is not said or done. I did never laugh about his death.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

And when did I say that. I was just amazed over that human intelligence ain´t wide spread enough to understand my first post was meant to be a little bit funny to take away the seriousness of the death of a person most of us here to not know anyway.

Next time you can think before accusing somebody of something that is not said or done. I did never laugh about his death.

Why not try thinking before you post? Not everyone thinks the same way you do, shares your senses of humor, or understands what you intended when you wrote the prose.

Go on, treat yourself and think a bit.

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

In just about any other country this would never have made the news even.

sad though

I think it would - young fit person dies whilst training. Certainly news worthy and usually includes warnings about checking your health regularly, not overdoing it etc.

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Not everyone thinks the same way you do

No, I know that, but 7 positive against 0 negative at the moment would tell you to not even post what you just did. :cheesy:

On the other hand thaibutty is going to be happy. Just got a defender. Hope you don´t charge him. :smile:

5 minutes ago, Get Real said:

No, I know that, but 7 positive against 0 negative at the moment would tell you to not even post what you just did. :cheesy:

On the other hand thaibutty is going to be happy. Just got a defender. Hope you don´t charge him. :smile:

what a bundle of joy you are. 

btw: you have the most accurate member description I've ever seen on this forum :cheesy:

Ther has to be more to this than what has been reported 32 years old too young to have heart issue. Must be a big cover up by the Thais yes what are they covering up.

My best wishes to the family on the loss of their loved one, too young to go

It happens all the time in sports, young football players die on the pitch, cyclists , runners in marathons . A lot of cases recently that are linked with undiagnosed heart condition.  If you want to be a fit athlete , check your heart first . 

20 hours ago, Get Real said:

I'm 45 and bald already, so where does that leave me ??

I exercise on a regular basis and don't really drink alcohol that often but after reading more stories like this, plus your response, I might need to re-evaluate !!

RIP fit guy that I didn't know...

I go walking every day with my big stick for the dogs. At 61 I try to stay a bit healthy and fit because my Thai wife at 53  has not lost her sex drive. But sad this story on this guy dying at 32 Some people are just born with bad hearts. I was fortunate to be born with a healthy heart like most of you guys.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Thanks for that important piece of information , at 7 AM in the morning , thats the kind of news that I require

That's ok Max  Thought I would cheer you up for the rest of the day A little bit of humor makes everybody's day. Well some I see

4 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Shit, I hope my wife is over it by the age of 53 !!! Sitting back with a beer is much more relaxing :whistling:

Let you on a secret. Carlos  Thai women are built to please. What is the old saying "Happy wife happy home" What is your favorite beer? Please don't say Chang or Leo  Yuk

13 hours ago, moe666 said:

Ther has to be more to this than what has been reported 32 years old too young to have heart issue. Must be a big cover up by the Thais yes what are they covering up.

My best wishes to the family on the loss of their loved one, too young to go

Young fit people have heart attacks.

Forget the tin foil hat.

15 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

I go walking every day with my big stick for the dogs. At 61 I try to stay a bit healthy and fit because my Thai wife at 53  has not lost her sex drive. But sad this story on this guy dying at 32 Some people are just born with bad hearts. I was fortunate to be born with a healthy heart like most of you guys.

You won't drop off walking at 4kph.

Archived