Downtown Chiang Mai swamped by flash floods

webfact

Downtown Chiang Mai swamped by flash floods

By The Nation

0b373a326b12bfd5c2f76458205e5247.jpeg

Downtown Chiang Mai was hit by flash floods early Thursday following heavy rains overnight.

Several roads were under 20 to 40 centimetres of water, forcing the proprietors of kerbside shops to move their wares to higher levels.

Local authorities said the floods started at 3am. Most of it came from Doi Suthep, flooding the Mae Kha Canal and its branches, which overflowed into adjacent communities, including Sri Ping Muang, Nantharam and Fah Mai Pratu Kom.

Cyclists were forced off roads and vehicle engines stalled. Motorists rushing through the deluge only made matters worse for residents, sending the water into houses in their wake.

The road in front of the Chiang Mai College of Dramatic Arts near Kom Market was 20 to 30cm deep. Classes continued as scheduled, though few students were in attendance. Some parents bringing their children to the school simply turned around upon seeing the floodwaters.

Barriers were erected to close off a section of road in front of the Fah Mai Pratu Kom community and pumps were installed to direct water into the Mae Kha Canal.

Volunteers were seen removing trash from storm drain grids that was impeding drainage.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30346176

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-24

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, thevich2710 said:

After over 20 years in Thailand the weather is and has completely changed. Thank you HAARP and all other unnatural weather altering manipulating <deleted>-ries  US UK biggest contributors. 

You appear to be one of those who blame Man for the change in weather when, in reality, it's a natural thing.  There have been 5 major Ice Ages in Earth's history, and they all happened long before Man ever arrived.  It's a Natural thing.  

52 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

You appear to be one of those who blame Man for the change in weather when, in reality, it's a natural thing.  There have been 5 major Ice Ages in Earth's history, and they all happened long before Man ever arrived.  It's a Natural thing.  

Among other of "those" who "blame Man" for changing weather patterns are well over 90 percent of the world's climate scientists, who have made a career of this and who know a great deal more than you or I. Thank you, but I will trust their science before I trust your opinion.

2 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Among other of "those" who "blame Man" for changing weather patterns are well over 90 percent of the world's climate scientists, who have made a career of this and who know a great deal more than you or I. Thank you, but I will trust their science before I trust your opinion.

Yes, and over 90% of those experts have totally debunked the "Global Warming" theories.

1 minute ago, Just1Voice said:

Try reading.  Amazing what you can find out if you open your eyes and mind.  lol

I actually do read, quite a bit, but I'm able to discriminate between what's worth reading and what's not. Bye now.

2 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

I actually do read, quite a bit, but I'm able to discriminate between what's worth reading and what's not. Bye now.

Comic books don't count. lol.

Try different scientific journals.  

There was a major report in June of last year that said the overwhelming majority (something like 90%) have totally debunked the Man Made Global Warming theories as "garbage". 

So we are onto global warming or not!

Guys, the simple fact is that the dolts in charge of this city do no know that if the drains are not cleaned every year there will be floods when it rains. It happened last year and it will happen this year and next year and the next. It is called incompetence and lack of accountability. Until that changes you can rabbit on about the climate till you are blue in the face. Rain happens!

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Not this time .

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Yeah! Mankind has nothing to do with climate change. 97% of those dumb scientists know nothing!

2 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

The 90% thing has been debunked so many times it is a wonder anyone still tries to claim it is real

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Yes, it is a natural occurrence. THAT HAS BEEN EXACERBATED BY MODERN TECH STARTING BACK IN THE 19TH CENTURY. 

4 hours ago, thevich2710 said:

After over 20 years in Thailand the weather is and has completely changed. Thank you HAARP and all other unnatural weather altering manipulating <deleted>-ries  US UK biggest contributors. 

20 years in Thailand and you think a monsoon downpour is unnatural  and is caused by "Haarp"?  amazing

4 hours ago, thevich2710 said:

Rubbish

3 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

You trust those scientists? Influenced, indoctrinated, blackmailed and or payed by their Jezuit owned universities; NWO pastor Al Gore and the whole globalist elite wanting you to believe their nonsence?

4 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

You said the right thing: who have made a career of this.

Not one of those career profs has ever been able to explain the earlier climate changes; there were no men then to get blamed.

Archived