Stop foreigners taking our jobs - hairdressers march on the town hall to present protest letter

snoop1130

6 hours ago, balo said:

I know about a farang hair dresser in Bangkok , he takes care of all the hi-so ladies. Very exclusive for the rich and famous. He should be worried now.  

If he is indeed working for the rich and famous, he has nothing to worry about. Laws in this country are for the poor and unknown, not for the rich and famous (and their pets).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaaaaawwww...how cute!

Thais have to compete with others?

$41tty quality will no longer be rewarded with ultimate protection?!

About time!

Bring on the ASEAN and see how that works out for you!

Pu$$y's!

14 hours ago, BEVUP said:

At least they stick up for their jobs, not like the other half of the world where it doesn't matter if your a Citizen 

Ah... that didn't take long... here it is, the comment that praises protectionism and heavily hints at how, in the West, all our problems stem from the fact that we allow evil and greedy foreigners to come and steal our jobs.

This kind of topic invariably attracts this kind of comment. Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the voice of the petty, mean, amnesiac, selfish, self-centered, patronizing and self-righteous Westerner in all its splendour.

"OK" says he/she "yes, I'm vaguely aware of the fact that the Thirld World is what it is now because we made it that way, I'm vaguely aware of the fact that most of the First World wealth is the result of 400 years of plundering, pillaging and abusing its colonies, ie other countries invaded by force. Yes, I know that the slaves - and the slave trade - have made us rich beyond measure. I realize that cheap foreign labour has been, and is still being used in the West for doing all the dirty jobs... but but but, Saint Maggie T., Saint Donald, and the likes of them are absolutely right : why on earth should we share all our immense accumulated wealth now that we have it ? Are we responsible for what our ancestors did ? Surely not."

There's a name for what's happening to us now. It's called 'The Bill', and we haven't seen the bottom line of it yet.

2 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Hairdressers are like coffee shops in this country, one every 10 feet.

Are you sure you're not thinking of beauty salons for pedicures? Mind you, I only have two feet. I'm not an insect.

Can think of about 5 European hairdressers where I live although most work on home visits and not in a shop.

Still loads of Thai run salons though and they don't seem to close very much once opened . Unlike bars and restaurants .

I see about 25 people in that picture, and on the steps of a government building, all involved in a political act. Clearly a threat to stability.

As there should be no more than 5 people together and not within 50 metres of a government building, why were the 3000 armed police not there* and why were the leaders not immediately arrested and incarcerated?

* Note the correct use of 'there'

The hair of many farangs is substantially different from Thai hair in texture, color and how it responds to dyes and treatments. Very few Thai hairdressers know how to handle it, as any farang woman living her can testify.

Whiel I think this is aimed more at migrant laborers from adjacent countries it would be a great loss to expats if farangs were barred from the profession.

3 hours ago, Yann55 said:

This kind of topic invariably attracts this kind of comment. Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the voice of the petty, mean, amnesiac, selfish, self-centered, patronizing and self-righteous Westerner in all its splendour.

Not true

It's about protecting a countries citizens where there aint enough jobs for themselves 

In my western country (in my industry ) I have to watch (including myself ) the qualified / experienced citizens remaining unemployed whilst anyone bar a citizen & with less quals/experience be employed over the said citizen

This I will never forget, happened on a job, I finally got after being forced to live of my credit card 

"Quote " 

Person - High mate I,ve only been in the country for 6 mths

Me -        Ah good to know , how many yrs have you been doing this career 

Person 12 mths 

Me - ( thinking ) Says it all he was a young lad & I couldn't get a job with 20 yrs exp

Personally I think the HR sections within multi national companies are a discrase , I could go on with many a stories 

The indigenous snippers could do with some competition to drive up standards. I don't think I've had a decent salon haircut since arriving here two decades ago.

In the end I gave up and bought my missus the tools of the trade. Her efforts may not be up to Mr Teasy-Weasy standard, but we've saved a small fortune over the years - and I still have both ears!

8 hours ago, Barnet said:

In the UK hairdressers/barbers are greedy holes and expect a tip.  

So Thais  are not greedy holes, and never expect a tip ?, Wise up.   btw this is not a UK forum.

I live in Sakon and it is a great little city in Isan with coffee shops, restaurants, and plenty of little local places to relax and visit with the kids, but getting a good haircut here is really difficult.

15 hours ago, djayz said:

If 1) the Thai hairdressers turned OFF their TVs when they're cutting my hair and 2) cut it to a consistant standard, I'd always go back to the same hairdresser. 

They stop mid way through the cut to gawk at the telly and still expect me (us) to go back to them?!?!

Open the martket I say! 

It might actually improve the standards and the work ethics here. 

It seems you find the cheapest hair salon where you stay there are meny good salons 

32 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

It seems you find the cheapest hair salon where you stay there are meny good salons 

What makes you think they're cheap? I didn't talk about prices. Are you thinking about cheap salons because that's where you go? 

4 hours ago, djayz said:

What makes you think they're cheap? I didn't talk about prices. Are you thinking about cheap salons because that's where you go? 

It was because you complaining about the salon not all salons do what you have experience and I don't need a salon I just use my machine 555

23 hours ago, AntDee said:

Their system seems to be letting them down in comparison with the other half of the world. 

Competition is ultimately good for them (if they compete), but we can't expect a bunch of "hair dressers" to know that. 

Please can you show some PROOF that competition is good for them? They want to keep their jobs and not have immigrants swamping them - 86% of new jobs in the uK have been taken by first and second generation immigrants the difference is WERE TOLD were racist if we oppose it and want to work!! ANY NATIONS GOVERNMENT should have its own people as the priority!! - But we cant expect a bunch of TV snowflakes to agree with that!!

15 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Good question. Legally speaking yes, it is covered in the AEC2015 "free movement of people within ASEAN". The issue here though is that certain professions (i.e. ice carving, hair dressing, architecture, tour guiding) are for Thai people only. It is an old decree though and might need to be reviewed/kicked out.

Point is, if "alien" can cut hair to the extend that the locals demonstrate it is either an orchestrated show - or - the alien is doing something better, cheaper, faster, cleaner, air-conditioned, offroad parking, what-ever. 

I believe in free market mechanisms and that includes hair dressing as a profession.  

Pesky indians wouldn’t let me open a corner shop in Bombay last year - told me it was for Indians only to be doing like that!!

Archived