Stop foreigners taking our jobs - hairdressers march on the town hall to present protest letter

snoop1130

3 hours ago, bizboi said:

Please can you show some PROOF that competition is good for them? They want to keep their jobs and not have immigrants swamping them - 86% of new jobs in the uK have been taken by first and second generation immigrants the difference is WERE TOLD were racist if we oppose it and want to work!! ANY NATIONS GOVERNMENT should have its own people as the priority!! - But we cant expect a bunch of TV snowflakes to agree with that!!

My friend you, I wonder if you have the patience to read an article that may help answer your query. 

https://www.theglobalist.com/thailands-trade-lessons/

Economic isolation and protectionism will continue to hurt Thailand's economy. Or, is it your view that Thailand is doing well?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/24/2018 at 7:44 PM, snoop1130 said:

She demanded that hairdressing remain a Thai only job and suggested that other occupations be opened up to Thailand's neighbors. 

Golgafrincham Ark Fleet Ship B, for attitude adjustment. 

balo, please send me his number, as I need a good hair stylist. Thaïs can cut Thai hair, but have no technique to cut European hair. 33 years of experience in searching a good stylist and never found one yet !! Even in Europe, a good stylist is like gold !

20 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Sounds good in theory but not sure that Asean automatically allows citizens of all countries to freely go and work (or even visit) in the other countries, if that was the case all Thai hairdressers would be working in Singapore.

Absolutely correct, the paper is patient but the reality is completely different. Tried to hire Philippinas as waitresses and Indonesians as cooks. The labour department at Chonburi told me to contact an "agent" outside the building for Baht 20K/alien; just short of slave market. When presenting them the complete files in the presence of the applicants (with the correct "LA" visa) I was reminded to use an agent for "screened" applicants. Dragged their feet for months until the applicants visas were about to expire. 

Ultimately sold the restaurant as I was unable to find locals nor securing permits for alien ASEANs legally. Would never do any labour-requiring or -intensive business in this country ever again. 

I recently checked up a high scale hair dresser in Bangkok, and the lady in charge was quoting cheating prices that were practically similar to the top level upscale hair saloons of Paris or Monaco.

Serves the local hair saloons right to get a good competition and it may teach them to lower their prices that would be more adapted to the reality of Thai society.

It is a grotesque circus to see Thai's charging more for their services, then the farangs who are fully trained abroad with stronger expertise in similar businesses.

No mercy for such cheats ripping off people on and on. 

(I am ready now to get bashed for my statement! :cheesy:)

On 5/25/2018 at 7:46 AM, Barnet said:

In the UK hairdressers/barbers are greedy holes and expect a tip.  

So Thais  are not greedy holes, and never expect a tip ?, Wise up.   btw this is not a UK forum.

Why don't you copy the entire post div!

Thais or Thai barbers as I was referring too?  Again, copy the whole post div!

Is it not a UK forum.....?  Read the whole post DIV!!!!

Archived