HDPrime - be warned

Esso49

For a while I have been happy with their service.   Now however they appear to be unreliable.   I added a top up via the Paypal site they advised  (  [email protected]  ).

As advised by them selves I sent them a message regarding this payment.   No reply  !!

I sent them a further email asking for a status update -  No reply

So I shall now advise Paypal of this issue.

In the meantime would all members be wary of the fact that payment via paypal may be not trustworthy,  indeed is HDprimetv to be trusted ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Having once lost a small amount when ExpatTV collapsed, I would not trust any such company based in Thailand or which does not accept credit card payments.

You can pay using True Money and it's not expensive if it does go belly up.

19 hours ago, pbellanger1 said:

i did pop up with true money twice 300 bahts then 50 bahts but did not get credited 

cannot use it 

no answer to their contact us ?

anyone has a solution

When you enter the TRUE money code, and hit the enter button.does the reply say "successful" If so you will have been credited with a number of "points". You say you entered (twice 300 bahts). this implies the transaction was successful.

Look at your points awarded page, see how many points there are and then go and purchase a package, TV, VOD or the joint(TV/VOD), which is slightly cheaper than buying a standalone package. I will go and get a TRUE money slip today, and test my account.

• 1 month later...

Seems like they have problems again.   Now they have just put a note on their site saying they have had to remove BT and Sky sports temporarily without any explanation.  The only reason I subscribed to HDprime was for Sky sports and in particular F1.   Looks like that has been lost now.  Sky F1 was working this afternoon.  Anybody else had any luck finding out and/or can suggest a reliable service ?

u-play.tv is / was connected them.. There was a westerner handling all the mail at contact@ both sites and in various mails with me over the years from the iLikeHD time it seemed it was 2 fronts to the same team, one geared cheaper for Thais. He even comped me a couple of months HD prime when I was in europe and my u-play wasnt working great there, so clearly it was joined. 

Recently no one replies to any u-play mail either, possibly the westerners have been cut from the system ??? But u-play is working fine, accepted credits recently, and is even being sold / distributed by physical shops and dealers a lot. 

On 5/27/2018 at 4:10 PM, Will27 said:

You can pay using True Money and it's not expensive if it does go belly up. 

It's not the amount: it's the principle.

And if I can pay with my UK credit card then I can normally claim any lost money back from the card issuer if the company does collapse.

So I prefer to only use services that will accept a UK credit card.

11 hours ago, KittenKong said:

And if I can pay with my UK credit card then I can normally claim any lost money back from the card issuer if the company does collapse.

So I prefer to only use services that will accept a UK credit card.

These are pirate services.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Is anyone having problems with HDprime tv today ? Trying to watch test match and yet after signing in can so no TV stations !

I just logged in after seeing your comment. No TV stations available, but movies and series are operating normally. Give it an hour or so, and I am sure it will be fixed.

1 hour ago, stereolab said:

I just logged in after seeing your comment. No TV stations available, but movies and series are operating normally. Give it an hour or so, and I am sure it will be fixed.

Well I first tried it around 3 hours ago and the TV  is still off.  No apology or reason on their site either.

5 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well I first tried it around 3 hours ago and the TV  is still off.  No apology or reason on their site either.

And now the channels are showing offline. Appalling service, Shan't be wasting another month giving money to these people for such a poor service.

Been watching various UK TV channels on and off for a few hours today with no problems but there's been no catch up option available. There is a catch up option available on some channels from other countries though.....Bein sports and Thai TV for example.

From another thread here: U Play has been hacked and are being blackmailed for bitcoin. 

U Play is owned by HD Prime so that probably explains today's current HD Prime's problems

Edited by sumrit

Everything seems back to normal........according to HD Prime.

Contacted them a short while ago and have just received this reply:

Hi,

We would like to apologize for the extended downtime today. It was pure coincidence that several of our servers failed around the same time, and it took the better part of the day to bring everything back to normal.

As of now, everything seems to be running normally, and we will be keeping a close eye on things.

We have added 3 days to your packages as way of compensation.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Will27 said:

Anyone having trouble today?

Trying to watch the cricket and cannot stream anything.

Sent an email at about 0800hrs and haven't heard back.

Pulse Tv looking like an option.

Last night watched all football and a Judge Judy episode no buffering.

15 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Stud 858, where can I download those apps, are they on Google Play ?   THanks.

Just looked at redbox TV but the comments say it is now a real estate app and livenet tv has comments saying it is now useless. I guess things have changed since August. Cant find Swift Streamz though.

OK, found Swift Streamz via Google but it seems to be live TV only ? I need Catchup for UKTV.

• 1 month later...