Lazada: Good idea, lousy service

GoldenTriangle

We've ordered 6 times from Lazada. 5 of the products were wrong or defective. Talking to agents on their live chat is hopeless. Beyond very very basic questions they don't understand and have about 6 stock replies used in all situations. They claim you can return products to 711 to be sent to Lazada for refund. Both local 711 stores had no clue what I was talking about. Too bad. Great idea but lousy service and wrong or defective products have made Lazada pretty useless for us.

• Like 2

We also have used then many times with no problems, only once have we had to return anything, (post office has a dedicated counter) money was back in account in less than three days.

(The item returned was a food blender, when plugged in it immediately "blew" as it was 110 volt!)

Ha.... last month the missus ordered hair straighteners with steam function, about 800 baht if I remember rightly.... received cheapo hair straighteners worth about 300 baht, completely different brand and model as ordered. Lazada told us we couldn’t return it as it shipped from abroad. The junk they sent us isn’t even on the Lazada site; possibly someone in the BKK distribution facility swapping products for cheaper sh**e and selling on  the stuff originally ordered.

4 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

When you do a search, on the lefthand side of the page is an option to search "local', ie no overseas items.

That works about 95% of the time, but it seems that some local vendors have gotten into the drop-shipping craze.  (Wanna see how rampant it is?  Look it up on YouTube and see hundreds of videos on how to do drop-shipping)   The vendors are local, so their goodies show up when you click that local box.  But when you look at the shipping details, they show being "shipped from overseas".

Once again, it's not common at all, but it seems to be getting more prevalent.

• Like 1

We've ordered 6 times from Lazada. 5 of the products were wrong or defective."

Your stats are abnormally high ; as the other people say, you can ( I too ) order 100 items, all are good 

why do you have so many problems ? is your Lazada site authentic ? ?

• Like 1

I like the products but hard to deal with. They know by my name I am a farung but none of the drivers speak english or are impatient with my bad Thai so delivery is hell. They just hang up and take it back to the office. I find the fact the site does not allow you to copy stupid. I want to copy the reviews and paste them into google translate but some dumb IT guy has decided I cant.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, Aforek said:

You don't have a Thai wife or girlfriend ? for the phone, I gave my GF's phone number; now the drivers know where I live, they know me and I can speak Thai 

Have a Thai person phone number to give ( neighbour, friend … ), you'll see everything better 

Kerry are responsible for most of the Lazada deliverys in Thailand. I had a problem once with a sub contract driver who spoke no English and as my Thai is poor I passed the phone to my wife. He got the message and my stuff was delivered at 7:30 pm. Since that time they know hwere we live and we have had no problems.

The stuff I have ordered from Lazada was the the stuff that arrived and I have had no need to return anything.

I am quite happy with Lazada and have had no problems with their deliveries apart from that one time and they DID pull out all the stops to deliver on the day that they said.

• Like 2

Anybody problems with the "Taobao" collection things on Lazada?

These are items coming from China and from the last 3 things I ordered nothing arrived.

Item #1: delivery time was a month, and a week after it should have been delivered they claim they tried to deliver it to our house but nobody was home... So they send it back to China for a month because nobody opened the door?

Item #2 & 3: cancelled after a week as they can't deliver it here in Thailand.

What is the point of filling the website with Chinese products that you do not plan to deliver anyways?

I must have bought 100 items from Lazada and i have always had good quick service, and very good prices. Only once got sent the wrong item and that was sent back easily via 7/11, with a full refund. I highly recommend them and wouldn't buy from anywhere else now.

• Like 2

I recently  bought a new notebook from Lazada, when it arrived it had clearly been opened and resealed. I figured maybe they had just tested it (as shops here often do) before shipping. Nope, I turned it on and Windows had already been installed, as had a bunch of software including pirated versions of MS Office and other commercial software. Opened Windows Defender and a virus warning immediately popped up. I immediately turned that sucker off and sent it back but not before writing an honest 1-star review of the vendor and the product - which has yet to appear on their site and I'm guessing never will.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You don't have a Thai wife or girlfriend ? for the phone, I gave my GF's phone number; now the drivers know where I live, they know me and I can speak Thai 
Have a Thai person phone number to give ( neighbour, friend … ), you'll see everything better 
Yes have but she complains the same. It might be where we live but they keep on putting off felivery and have a different driver every time. My main complaint is the website cant be copied to google translate.

I live off in the boondocks in a village of nameless roads but no problems with delivery, though every once in a while a delivery guy makes the mistake of not calling for durections until after going into the ampur (though my mailing address is in the ampur I am at the furthest boundary of it and well out of town).

But I speak pretty passable Thai and if there is anything I have learned to enunciate fluently it is directions to my house. I suggest you do the same. Get a Thai friend or neighbor to help you. Remember Thais don't give and receive directions the way westerners do and will often not recognize route numbers and the like. They give and receive directions based on mutually known landmarks. So start with someplace or structure they will understand that is in your general vicinity and direct from there. Lazada aside, the day might come when you need to call ambulance or police so it is important to be able to readily give clear directions.

Why in this era of smartphones no delivery people seem to know how to use gps coordinates in google map I can't explain, but they don't.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

^^^ Every deliver guy seems to have a smartphone so if you live in the boonies send them a text of your GPS coordinates after get off the phone with them...
They all have smartphones but I've yet to find o e able to do this.

It really is important to be able to rattle off directions to your home in clear Thai, well enough that you will be able to do so in a hurry under pressure e.g. if tbe house is on fire or you need ambulance.

Thanks mainly to Lazada I am now well practiced in it[emoji4]

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2018 at 9:49 PM, Chrisdoc said:

I like the products but hard to deal with. They know by my name I am a farung but none of the drivers speak english or are impatient with my bad Thai so delivery is hell. They just hang up and take it back to the office. I find the fact the site does not allow you to copy stupid. I want to copy the reviews and paste them into google translate but some dumb IT guy has decided I cant.

What are you having trouble copying and pasting.  I just randomly picked two products in two different categories and was able to copy and paste both product details and reviews.  I am on Windows 7 and use Firefox browser.

There is some confusion with my address. The house has been there a long time since it was a farming area and now it is urbanized but they haven't changed the address. I don't quite understand it but they seem to have alot of trouble with it even though it is only 5km out of Pattaya and only 20 metres from Sukumvit Rd. The discussion was about their system and they could easily have an English language help number. They could have a help number staffed by an english speaker but they don't seem to bother. The same as most websites have an ability to copy text so can read thai text in google translate but Lazada doesn't bother. It is the same with their review and email system-they send requests for reviews and notification letters but they are in Thai script.

There is some confusion with my address. The house has been there a long time since it was a farming area and now it is urbanized but they haven't changed the address. I don't quite understand it but they seem to have alot of trouble with it even though it is only 5km out of Pattaya and only 20 metres from Sukumvit Rd. The discussion was about their system and they could easily have an English language help number. They could have a help number staffed by an english speaker but they don't seem to bother. The same as most websites have an ability to copy text so can read thai text in google translate but Lazada doesn't bother. It is the same with their review and email system-they send requests for reviews and notification letters but they are in Thai script.

The review requests are indeed only in Thai but all the notifications I get are in both Thai and English. You have to scroll down to get to the Englush, but it's there.

They don't find me based on my address (well not beyond arriving in the tambon anyhow) and indeed it would be very hard for anyone to do so. They find me based on the directions I provide. They also was call before coming.

• Like 1

The review requests are indeed only in Thai but all the notifications I get are in both Thai and English. You have to scroll down to get to the Englush, but it's there.

They don't find me based on my address (well not beyond arriving in the tambon anyhow) and indeed it would be very hard for anyone to do so. They find me based on the directions I provide. They also was call before coming.

It is great they can find your address and you do not have any problems but the original post was about Lazada's system and service. In my opinion the delivery system could be made easier with a few simple steps and the app does not function very well because it is not google translate friendly. I do need to order from them sometimes but have given it over to my wife to take care of. She still finds it frustrating.

I buy cod then open and look at it before I take delivery, if they dont let me open the package I tell them to take it back. Only had 2 problems with them over the years, one was over a watch I ordered and paid for but cancelled when they refused to include a certificate of authenticity(not genuine at a guess), refund took around 3 weeks and I had to chase it, the other was something sent that wasnt ordered so they had to send what was ordered. Apart from these 2 everything else has been pretty good, same with aliexpress, always check with them before I buy from anywhere else as they are heaps cheaper

• Like 1

First, I am sorry for people who had bad items, I thought it could'nt happen with Lazada

for the story of drivers who don't know where we live, I see that Lazada has our address in " Manage my account ", so I thought they give our address to the driver 

usually, it's the same drivers  ( two ), so they know me; but sometimes, it's an other driver, my GF don't tell him where I live, and the guy comes to my house all the time, it means that he has my address ; the best thing should be that Lazada has our GPS coordinates, and the driver uses it, but maybe it's too much to ask ...

• Like 1