Lazada: Good idea, lousy service

GoldenTriangle

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Nufin wrong with Lazada used them for years. The only thing to watch for is T-Shirt sizes. I wear L in Europe (yes still have some)  and plenty baggy enough but even XXXL don't fit me from some Lazada suppliers.

Sizes mean nothing here which is why is it tricky buying clothes on line. I bought my tgf some T-shirts from the market. She is a tiny 40kg girl but the T shirts were marked XXL.

• Like 1

Just now, Henryford said:

Sizes mean nothing here which is why is it tricky buying clothes on line. I bought my tgf some T-shirts from the market. She is a tiny 40kg girl but the T shirts were marked XXL.

agreed.  In Western terms my 'T' shirt size is 'Large', in Thai terms its XXL , or anywhere between the two.  There is no consistency so i never buy clothes online here.  

17 hours ago, Pilotman said:

agreed.  In Western terms my 'T' shirt size is 'Large', in Thai terms its XXL , or anywhere between the two.  There is no consistency so i never buy clothes online here.  

Yes, a few weeks ago I bought a pair of jeans and 2 pairs of shorts from Tesco. The jeans were labeled size 32, but were bigger and looser around the waist than the size 34 shorts, one of which was noticeably looser than the other. And they were all the same brand!!! No way would I buy clothes online yet the missus does and claims they always fit.

I have never had a problem with Lazada for any of the stuff I have bought, mainly small electronics.

Edited by MikeN
  • Like 2

Just now, MikeN said:

Yes, a few weeks ago I bought a pair of jeans and 2 pairs of shorts from Tesco. The jeans were labeled size 32, but were bigger and looser around the waist than the size 34 shorts, one of which was noticeably looser than the other. And they were all the same brand!!! No way would I buy clothes online yet the missus does and claims they always fit.

The ones she admits to fit, the ones that don't fit she sells to others.  Been there mate, own the T shirt, but its XXXXl  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The ones she admits to fit, the ones that don't fit she sells to others.  Been there mate, own the T shirt, but its XXXXl  

LOL.....no, she is always quick to try them on and show me as soon as the parcel arrives.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeN said:

LOL.....no, she is always quick to try them on and show me as soon as the parcel arrives.

Every time Mrs P buys clothes on line, they are crap colours, awful designs and usually don't fit her too well, (too big usually).  I have finally convinced her ( I think) that 200 Baht is not going to get her clothes worth wearing. I thought she had learnt her lesson from the many disasters she bought in Primark in the UK when I wasn't with her, but apparently not. 

Just had my first bad experience. A company selling fake non stick pans. 5 minutes on the stove and the spray paint they used melted straight off. Couldn't return it due to a hip injury and Lazada dispute team sided with the seller 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

Just had my first bad experience. A company selling fake non stick pans. 5 minutes on the stove and the spray paint they used melted straight off. Couldn't return it due to a hip injury and Lazada dispute team sided with the seller 

You did not return the item.. no proof of your claim. So yea i get why they sided with the seller. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

You did not return the item.. no proof of your claim. So yea i get why they sided with the seller. 

You don't always need to return the item . I ordered A wrong item before and was allowed to keep it with a refund. Anyway showed them pics and pointed out other pics

in the review section showing exactly the same problem. 

31 minutes ago, madmen said:

You don't always need to return the item . I ordered A wrong item before and was allowed to keep it with a refund. Anyway showed them pics and pointed out other pics

in the review section showing exactly the same problem. 

It would probably have helped your case. You did not do so lazada sided with the seller. It can happen. Anyway <deleted> happens sometimes all my issues have always been solved (maybe not as fast as i wanted but solved)

14 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

A few years ago Lazada wouldn’t facilitate the return/exchange of a defective 50kg home safe despite the manufacturer communicating to Lazada they would happily replace it for me upon receipt of the defective unit. Soured me on them and Thai style business ethics.

I would never buy big/heavy items from Lazada. It is very difficult/impossible to return them should you need to. Plenty of local shops to buy safes.

• Like 1

I had bad experience with Chinese sellers. They lie in their descriptions, they don't have the products and go shopping after they get your order, so that's why it sometimes takes forever for them to ship, then they give you BS excuses. Also, the last order of five things, the system put my billing address as shipping address although there was a default shipping address there, go figure... so now everything went to where I don't live any more and the customers service just says we are sorry, can't fix it. Another order the seller from China canceled because they figured that the product they listed and got an order for from me was actually more expensive, again obviously they didn't have it, so they simply canceled the order and I wasted over one month and my refund is nowhere to be found even after several chats with customer service. Overall not very good experience. 

I have spend over 200,000 THB with lazada over the years including building a high grade virtual reality PC from seperate components mostly ordered from Lazada. On the few occasions things went wrong:

1. Intel processor worth 14K THB, sent me the wrong model, returned, credited full amount to my account within 3 days plus a 300 thb credit voucher for the inconvenience.

2. Computer fan, 400 THB. Ordered with red LEDs, came with Blue. Told to keep it and full refund.

3. HDMI cable, 300 THB, specifically ordered Red to match my other cables, came as blue and black. Told to keep it and full refund to my account within 3-5 days.

4. Playstation G29 Sim racing wheel at 14,500K THB. Stopped working after 13 months but came with 2 year warranty. Sent back, was exchanged for a completely new G29 within 10 days and has been working perfectly ever since.

5. Ordered another product that got stopped at customs coming in from China. Lazada informed me that the item will not be delivered and gave me a full credit.

Normally the driver calls 30 minutes before delivery and has also waited till I arrived back home to complete the order. 

Now I have opted to have my goods delivered to my place of work. I take a copy of Lazada's confirmation email, print it out and hand it to my staff with the COD money for payment. My staff know what is ordered and how much. The driver rings my staff if there is a problem. Now I get more orders without a hitch.

I like their parcel tracking service which gives you aa good idea when the product is being despatched for delivery and also good tracking from abroad. 

I understand the frustration of seeing the same priced product multiple times from multiple venders but thats seems to be the deal with Lazada. Frustrating yes but not a deal breaker.

Lazadas app on my iphone is in English except when i get thai related advertising or promos.

I have also found their customer services speak very good english and are patient when dealing with my problems (I think most are from the Philippines). 

I have reviewed almost every purchase and not always in a good way. Still my good, bad and ugly reviews are there years later.

Overall, with the time and money I have saved, although not perfect, I find Lazada easy and friendly to use. I guess we all have our own story to tell however, I am very satisfied with Lazada so far.