Urgently need Native Speaker for school near Donmueng 34k a month

Urgently need Native Speaker for a school near Donmueng

Job Description

-Teaching English for Thai students
-Prepare the activities to develop study skills
-Joining and working in groups with our activities.

Qualification
1. English, Australian, American, Canadian or etc. European  with standard English are also welcomed.
2. Age between 22-45 years old
3. University Graduate (Bachelor or Master Degree or others)
4. High responsible
5. Good presentation and communication
6. Love teaching and be able to manage the class
8. Good human relation ,polite and proper clothes
9. Be able to start working right away

6 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Native English speakers would not work for 34k 

It's not even the 34 K that doesn't fit. I know NES teachers who work for less!

Asian/ African/European Teachers who have a 12 months contract with 28 K as a salary also have 340 K per year.   

I guess the school pays more and that for 12 months, just check schools in Don Muang area. 

Another example why people should stay away from agencies, me thinks. 

22-45 yrs old, with a degree, accepting that... for 34k p/m, no wonder it's 'urgently required'.

An American mate of mine does teaching online with Chinese students while here, does 5 hours a day 5 days a week from his living room and he said at around 700-750thb p/h makes around 80k p/m, with no BS to deal with.

7 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

qualified and experienced native speaker teachers dont need to work for 34K, unqualified and inexperienced native speakers may accept a teaching job (though it's debatable how effective they would be in the role) for 34K as they would stand zero chance of being employed by any professionally run school

On 5/27/2018 at 12:17 AM, samsensam said:

qualified and experienced native speaker teachers dont need to work for 34K, unqualified and inexperienced native speakers may accept a teaching job (though it's debatable how effective they would be in the role) for 34K as they would stand zero chance of being employed by any professionally run school

A good one, thanks. 

On 5/27/2018 at 12:03 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

22-45 yrs old, with a degree, accepting that... for 34k p/m, no wonder it's 'urgently required'.

An American mate of mine does teaching online with Chinese students while here, does 5 hours a day 5 days a week from his living room and he said at around 700-750thb p/h makes around 80k p/m, with no BS to deal with.

But he's always asking you to buy him a beer? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 8:55 PM, Ks45672 said:

Over the hill..... 

Weeeeell, many of the worlds leaders are well over 45 years of age...Could be the reason for the worlds problems but the electorate voted them in regardless...

I guess a thread of this type is going to attract its fair share of wise guys. Goes with the territory. I am reminded of the UK types who won't take a lower paid job because the net pay is not much more than what they would receive anyway from the State on social benefits so they will prefer to sit at home.

This is a genuine post.

When I started teaching in Bangkok around 1997, the standard pay for working in a school (as opposed to a language school, corporate training, private teaching, etc. ) was 34,000 Baht.

In 2018, it is still 34,000 Baht!

And you know what you will still definitely find somebody but they won't have all the 9 criteria listed. (why is no. 7 secret?)

On 5/29/2018 at 11:49 AM, simon43 said:

Is there a major problem if the teacher is 46 years old?

Wrong approach. Assuming that one is actually interested in the job or something similar and is 46 or thereabouts, better to submit one's CV plus a covering letter re energy, enthusiasm etc requesting a pre-interview with the agent/school to show such.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:03 PM, Ks45672 said:

You'd be surprised. I guarantee that plenty of native English speakers will work for that in Bangkok. However, they won't meet all the other criteria on the list and the majority of them won't last the 10 months. Not a problem, plenty more to take their place. In fact the agent has probably already lined somebody up.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:03 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

First name only please.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:48 PM, simon43 said:

Ah right, I understand.  I wonder what exactly happens between the age of 45 and 46 to make an applicant unsuitable for this vacancy?

they become difficult to deal with and ask too many pointless questions

Archived