Teacher's Professional Development

I've completed my Master's Degree in Education from Assumption university and finally have my Thailand teaching License. 

I believe to renew my license in 5 years from now, I must complete 3 professional development courses/seminars.  

Does anybody know how to what needs to be completed within the 5 years of the initial license and how to find courses in Bangkok/Thailand/online?

Thank you

57 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

You can do webinars, go for specifically education-related courses, for example, "Future Learn" https://www.futurelearn.com/courses where you'll have to pay an affordable fee for a certificate.

Any certificates that you might receive are useful. 

Thank you.  I started browsing the website.  It looks like online learning for everyone (students and teachers and general interest).  From what I can tell at first glance, the courses are free(for 4-6 weeks), but if you want to get a certificate at the end, then I must upgrade for $49.00 per course(a modest price). 

I believe the requirement to renew my license is 3 professional development course (although I will probably do many).  Do you believe I only need to have 3 certificates from this website within the 5 years?

I will start the first course tonight or tomorrow.  It looks like a great learning resource.  It might also be useful for students(need to investigate further).

I will probably have the certificates mailed to America, and pick them up on my trips to America.

6 minutes ago, brianp0803 said:

Thank you.  I started browsing the website.  It looks like online learning for everyone (students and teachers and general interest).  From what I can tell at first glance, the courses are free(for 4-6 weeks), but if you want to get a certificate at the end, then I must upgrade for $49.00 per course(a modest price). 

I believe the requirement to renew my license is 3 professional development course (although I will probably do many).  Do you believe I only need to have 3 certificates from this website within the 5 years?

I will start the first course tonight or tomorrow.  It looks like a great learning resource.  It might also be useful for students(need to investigate further).

I will probably have the certificates mailed to America, and pick them up on my trips to America.

You're welcome. Please check for webinars where you'll also get a certificate for "attending." They only want to see that you've done some development.

I'd think three certificates from this website and 3 webinars will do the trick.

1 minute ago, brianp0803 said:

Also a thank you from me Jenny. At the moment I'm doing a course from UCL which is surprisingly in-depth.  It sounds like the same sort of setup- you can study for free, but 50 notes for the certificate.

https://www.coursera.org/learn/esl-reading/home/welcome

BrianP you can also attend the nationwide seminars arranged by the text book publishers frequently, but I warn you they are of little actual value.

8 minutes ago, Slip said:

Also a thank you from me Jenny. At the moment I'm doing a course from UCL which is surprisingly in-depth.  It sounds like the same sort of setup- you can study for free, but 50 notes for the certificate.

https://www.coursera.org/learn/esl-reading/home/welcome

BrianP you can also attend the nationwide seminars arranged by the text book publishers frequently, but I warn you they are of little actual value.

Thank you.

My planned focus will be on teaching mathematics, physics (lab experiments), programming for grades 7-12.

Archived