Power of Attorney stamp

Just been told I need to re-register my address before I can renew my retirement visa. Apart from a shed load of paperwork, my landlord now has to fill out a power of attorney form. Where do I get the 10 Baht revenue stamp that they are asking for? I'm based in Kata and submitting in Phuket Town.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

I assume you need to file a new TM30.

Power of attorney for who, to sign what, exactly.

The power of attorney is for the landlord to complete. This allows the tenant to register their address instead of having the landlord make the trip to immigration.

22 minutes ago, PhuketRon said:

I got mine at a Seng Ho bookstore in Phuket Town. They are kept behind the counter. My girlfriend told me that you can also get them at the post office.

Is it just a stamp that goes on the form? meaning I could buy a few more for the next time I have to register my address?

15 minutes ago, PhuketRon said:

The power of attorney is for the landlord to complete. This allows the tenant to register their address instead of having the landlord make the trip to immigration.

As usual different everywhere. I could just go into immigration and say that I want to register, and they took the information together with a copy of passport and contract.

Edited by Get Real

Just now, metice said:

Is it just a stamp that goes on the form? meaning I could buy a few more for the next time I have to register my address?

Yes. My understanding is that all powers of attorney forms must have these stamps If you feel you need extra then go for it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Get Real said:

As usual different everywhere. I could just go into immigration and say that I want to register, and they took the information together with a copy of passport and contract.

That was the norm here in Phuket. The only reason I needed to register my address before was so that I could register my car and motorcycle. All that was required then was passport copies and rental agreement.

But once I registered my address for the motor vehicles the immigration officers didn't ask for my rental agreement when renewing my  visa extensions. That lasted about 5 years until a couple of weeks ago when I went in for my annual extension renewal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PhuketRon said:

But under the law the tenant can complete and file a TM30.

Is this just a Phuket office thing?

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Phuket now asking for copies of owners ID card, house registration book, rental contract, passport and visa pages, and letter of power of attorney (assuming your landlord doesn't want to go to immigration). I was told that if you leave the country 10 times in a month then repeat this process 10 times. Phuket has obviously had enough of farangs living here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

What's a T30? I don't see that on any of the forms I have

Just now, Tanoshi said:

I don't know if it's just a Phuket thing or not. When I went in last week the immigration guy looked at my residence certificate in my passport and said I needed a new one and directed me to the office where I could grab the forms, including the POA. I made my landlord complete all of the forms since I was saving her the hassle of going to immigration to register me.

I did notice that there is now a huge placard on the wall at immigration with regarding the TM30 form and how foreigners have to have their residence certified.

3 minutes ago, metice said:

What's a T30? I don't see that on any of the forms I have

TM30.  

NOTIFICATION FROM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE

WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED

Edited by Tanoshi

17 minutes ago, PhuketRon said:

I don't know if it's just a Phuket thing or not. When I went in last week the immigration guy looked at my residence certificate in my passport and said I needed a new one and directed me to the office where I could grab the forms, including the POA. I made my landlord complete all of the forms since I was saving her the hassle of going to immigration to register me.

I did notice that there is now a huge placard on the wall at immigration with regarding the TM30 form and how foreigners have to have their residence certified.

The POA form just needs to be completed by the landlord and a 10 baht stamp attached? Just wondering if there's any others surprises or officialdom on my next visit.

37 minutes ago, Get Real said:

An acquaintance used this POA recently at the Udon Thani IO when filing his first extension; His father-in-law in the landlord but doesn't want to be traipsing to the IO if and when required. The landlord is quite happy to allow the tenant son-in-law to do all the legwork and the IO accepted the POA.

8 minutes ago, metice said:

The POA form just needs to be completed by the landlord and a 10 baht stamp attached? Just wondering if there's any others surprises or officialdom on my next visit.

Yes. Don't attach the stamps. Just give them to the immigration dude and let him attach them.

This is what was required of me for the residence certificate:

Copies of passport: Main Page. Last TM7 entry card. Current visa extension.

Completed TM30 form

Completed POA with stamps.

House book or blue book: Copies of the address of the residence and owner's name. Make sure the owner's name in the blue book matches the name of the landlord signing the POA.

Copy of the owner's identification card.

Copy of your current rental agreement.

Make sure the owner signs all copies of their blue book and identification card.

• Thanks 1

I've just completed my address re-registration. Firstly, I couldn't get the 10 Baht stamps for the POA at the post office, stationers or book shop. In the end, I had to go to the local tax office. Secondly, I didn't get fined despite being late with re-registering. I was under the impression it had to be done within 24 hours of returning to Thailand. All in all, what a pleasant waste of a whole day.

Here you have step by step:

Address Registration (TM30) – All you need to know about it and why it matters to you

TM30-212x300.jpg
TM.30 form or Notification form from House-Master, Owner or the Possessor
of the Residence where Alien has stayed

What's it all about?

The TM30 and its underlying laws are about the obligation of a landlord (or house master, possessor, manager) to report the stay of any foreigner (non-Thai national) in his/her property. All foreigners staying in Thailand and their hosts should be very well aware of this.

The law with regard to the TM30 and the obligation to report a foreigner's stay have been in place for a long time, but the government has started to enforce it more strictly lately, and changed some of the procedures with regards to your 90-days reporting and extension of visa.

IF YOU'RE RENTING, CHECK IF YOUR LANDLORD HAS REPORTED YOUR STAY

What is the purpose of the (new) regulations?

Basically, with the TM30 form, the government aims to know exactly where each foreigner is staying all the time. Every host, no matter Thai or foreigner, has the obligation to report the stay of a foreigner within 24 hours.

If the reporting is not done within the 24 hours period immigration can fine the landlord if just one day late or when some documents are not complete.

Who should act?

Officially and practically, the responsibility to report the stay of a foreigner rests with the host: the landlord of a property, the hotel or the service apartment. Untimely reporting of a foreigner can be penalized.

IF YOU'RE A FOREIGNER STAYING IN THAILAND LONG ENOUGH
TO GO TO IMMIGRATION FOR A VISA EXTENSION OR 90-DAY REPORTING
YOU BETTER CHECK IF YOUR LANDLORD REPORTED YOUR STAY

However, if you are the guest or tenant, you can’t ignore TM30 either: Most of the time the registration is needed when going to the Immigration office for a service, such as the 90-day reporting and sometimes for visa extentions. It still depends on the officer in charge that you're facing, but at such moment that you may find out that your landlord did not report your stay and you will have to explain where you stayed all that time. There is also a risk that you as a tenant (or guest) may be fined instead of the landlord.

How to report?

As a foreigner staying in Thailand, you should prepare:

(a) a copy of your passport (photo page)
(b) a copy of the visa page in your passport
(c) a copy of the departure card

The landlord should prepare:

(a) a copy of the title deed of the property
(b) a copy of the rental contract

(c) a copy of the Landlord ID card

The landlord can outsource the reporting to somebody else, (the foreigner for example) a letter (Power Of Attorney) is then required to authorize this person to do the reporting (TM30) on behalf of landlord with stamps from the tax office attached on this letter.

Immigration-power-of-attorney-218x300.jp

Power Of Attorney letter to authorize another person performing the address registration

Tax-Stamp-300x210.jpg

Official stamps from the tax authority office that needs to be affixed to letter from landlord giving authority to another person.

Then, your landlord or property manager or yourself should report in either of these ways:

1. Most common is to go to the Immigration Office in Phuket Town and fill out the TM30 form there. (if there isn't an immigration office in your area, you have to report to the Police Office.)

2. The landlord can also register online on https://extranet.immigration.go.th/. (but the Landlord needs to setup an online account with immigration first in able to perform the online address registration)

After registration, the landlord (or foreigner) will get a stamped return slip that the tenant (guest) should put In his passport and use it when going to Immigration for a service.

Immigration-address-registration-slip-30

Notes:

Are the authorities that serious?

It's unlikely that you will have serious trouble when a landlord or a guesthouse/Hotel or service apartment has not reported your stay. Unlikely too that there will be any issues when you stay in Thailand for a short time and leave without having any contact with Immigration.
But the moment you show up at Immigration to deal with some paperwork, you may have to show where you stayed and then it's too late.

What to do when you discover you haven’t been reported

Inform the Landlord, guesthouse/Hotel or service apartment that you are not reported yet at immigration and ask them to do as soon as possible and ask for the reporting slip which you can put in your passport to avoid any problem for the future.

Alternatively you can do the reporting yourself as long you have the required documentation.

Summarized:

If you are a tenant (or guest):
Make sure to check with your landlord within the first week of your stay that he/she has reported you. If the landlord doesn’t want to go, you could consider staying at another place, or you could report yourself at Immigration on behalf of the landlord, but then you need to get his/her proxy first (With the Power Of Attorney letter).

Power of Attorney letter:

When using the Power of Attorney letter this must be stamped with a 10 Baht Tax Stamp which can be bought at your local tax office or at most book shops.

If you’re a landlord:
Report your foreign guest/tenant within 24 hours.

The 90 days reporting slip which you have possible in your passport does NOT count as an address registration.

13 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

With a copy of rental contract signed by landlord you become the house master and Thai law states that house master can do it. Try to convince them of this with flowers and a box of chocolates.  Works every time.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, leogerritsen said:

Can anyone give me an example of a power of attorney letter to be used for TM30 reporting ?

Thanks in advance

There is one 2 posts before this yours.

I have created this PDF file of it. Immigration-power-of-attorney.pdf

As far as I know Phuket immigration is the only office that requires one.

• 1 month later...