BANGKOK 20 July 2019 18:20
robblok

smoked mackerel

There is a guy in hu hin that sels hering and fish a dutch man cant remember his name but maybe he has brado that is full of fish oil

other thing maybe use fish oil capsules 1 a day  

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

Damn you Robblok, had to go and buy a smoked mackerel from the smokehouse here in Chaweng. 

109 baht for a fish. 

https://www.facebook.com/firstsmokehouse/

Yea i know.. but as im in BKK its a bit hard. But I am happy for all the advice. I seem to have found what i need Saba. 

7 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Ooooh!!!!...you have given me an idea...I think I still have some Waugh's curry powder somewhere....I might add a spoonful of that with my next tin...Thanks!!

Yes JJ , a few mates up here make curry but no one had considered using a tin of Mackeral and of course it comes with sauce , must be the easiest curry to make. Hope it is a success for you.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2018 at 7:03 PM, robblok said:

Ok found something in the Tops, not sure what it was but it is called Saba its mackerel species and i think it was smoked or baked it was actually quite ok. It was not expensive and I think i can eat it again.  It was pre prepared so not bad 89 bt or so. 

Saba is the Japanese name for mackerel, so Saba=mackerel.

However there are a lot of species under the name mackerel.

Enjoyed that cold smoked mackerel. 

I had it together with smoked chicken liver (sale on BigC) and some limburger cheese my friend brought from Austria. 

Try that @robblok 

Hello robblok

I have a question,noticed you mentioned supplementing calcium, magnesium & potassium.

I read elsewhere someone mentioning taking magnesium to fend off tiredness and stated in his case it worked.

I don`t work out myself and know nothing of nutrition really but can a shortfall of magnesium cause tiredness ?

Any downsides to taking it ?

Thanks.

Hey Robblok

I buy norwegian smoked mackerel from a fellow kaaskop in Chiang Mai at 110thb per piece

sends them vaccuum in packs of 5 and they are genuine tastefully.....yummy

PM me for the email...

From time to time, I smoke a batch of Norwegian mackerels for me and friends.

The Japanese ones from Makro doesn't have a decent quality (at least not for me).

Makrele_sm.jpg

Edited by roban

The two things I miss about the UK are Kippers and Spring Mornings .......................

On 5/29/2018 at 6:04 PM, Jonmarleesco said:

I've never looked that closely, but Villa might. They do sell kippers. 

I didn't know that ... I will be there tomorrow morning then ..............

On 5/29/2018 at 10:44 AM, robblok said:

Actually salted fish is what i needed, I have too little salt in my diet yesterday i suffered from the effects of it. I know the general advice  is not eating too much salt but that is for normal people. I take 2 20 kg weights in my hands and walk a bit more then 1500 meters with them. I sweat a lot then, also I don't eat any processed food and prepare all my own meals and by mistake (it was just not in my food choices) I ate too little salt. Yesterday that ment that i had to lie down after my exercise for an hour and lost power in brain and body for the whole day. After adding some salt to my food yesterday i improved a lot. So I know I need more salt. I workout 7 days  a week with those weights and then 4 more sessions in my gym. So I am not exactly the average person. If i were to eat loads of Thai food bought from shops then yes you would be right.

If you sweat that much I suspect that you may need to replace more than salt ...

30 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

If you sweat that much I suspect that you may need to replace more than salt ...

Of course that was clear to me from the start, calcium, magnesium, potassium. Those I already supplemented but I never thought about supplementing salt.