Drivers in Thailand spend an average of 56 hours per year stuck in traffic: Study

16 hours ago, DrTuner said:

On average Somchai in Nakhon Nowhere spends 0h in jams. His brother in BKK, however, hasn't moved in the last 5 months and decided to open a somtam stall on the "highway".

Damn am I glad I don't have to drive in BKK anymore. Rephrase that,  crawl at 4km/h.

No wonder they are all bludging on the side of the roads, poor things their so tired, hahahahahahaha

One reason I have never lived in a big city. I hate traffic jams. Of course if you do there is always something to do. Concerts sports and lots of good restaurants and shopping where you can get almost anything. Close to airports. I have always lived in a small town plus 20 years in the country which I love and miss. Now in RayonG which is not too bad. I actually hate that drive to Bangkok. 

13 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Don’t believe this figure at all! I guess it includes all 65 million including the village folk in the mountains to get to only 56 hours a year! 

More like 23% of the driving time (according to the study's website) for Bangkokians, and no traffic jams for everyone else: 

23% Driving time spent in congestion in 2017
64 Peak hours spent in congestion in 2017
12.5 ICI INRIX Congestion Index

I can believe that, the very reason I got rid of my car and small bike and bought a larger one, now no more worries about traffic jams, just simply ride past them all, and ride up to the front when lights are at red.

Fifty-six hours? Per annum? One per week? I wonder which Doctor of the Ludicrous came up with that figure? I spent some fifteen-plus minutes yesterday, stuck at just one, no doubt BiB-controlled, red light on Rama IV.

The biggest menace in Bangkok traffic control - the RTP. 

Archived