Fulham up

champers

Congratulations to Fulham who beat a dull Villa team in the playoff final. The goal came from a great pass from Sessegnon and a smart one touch finish by Cairney.

What I would like to know is if their owner has close on to £1 biĺlion to spend on buying Wembley, how much will he spend on new players and keeping current ones?

Thoroughly deserved and bl all accounts played really good football throughout the season.  Nice to see Fulham back in the top tier and Craven Cottage has always been a favorite for away fans.

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Thoroughly deserved and bl all accounts played really good football throughout the season.  Nice to see Fulham back in the top tier and Craven Cottage has always been a favorite for away fans.

my favourite awayday in the league that. craven cottage a lovely little ground, beers on the thames before and after the match, carry on drinking on fulham broadway later on. probably helped that i lived in clapham at the time like but you know.

By my reckoning this is the first time in quite a few years that London will have more clubs in the premier division of 'English'* football than the North West (and with the rise of South Coast clubs the Sarf continues its advance in representation over the rest of the country). Haven't checked back to nail down how long - I'm sure BB is our lad for this type of historical analysis. Seems to me that the Midlands must be at its lowest ebb with only two.

Trophy-wise London still way off the NW's pace though.

Defining London as inside M25; NorthWest as Lancs/Merseyside/Gtr Manchester; Midlands as Black Country + East Midlands + Potteries/Derbyshire

5 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

By my reckoning this is the first time in quite a few years that London will have more clubs in the premier division of 'English'* football than the North West (and with the rise of South Coast clubs the Sarf continues its advance in representation over the rest of the country). Haven't checked back to nail down how long - I'm sure BB is our lad for this type of historical analysis. Seems to me that the Midlands must be at its lowest ebb with only two.

Trophy-wise London still way off the NW's pace though.

Defining London as inside M25; NorthWest as Lancs/Merseyside/Gtr Manchester; Midlands as Black Country + East Midlands + Potteries/Derbyshire

Inside the M25......that might be ok in certain sections but the outer limits in certain areas of it would give me a nose bleed!!!  Take your point though mate!!

Archived