Air Asia poised to launch new routes in Khon Kaen and Hua Hin

webfact

Air Asia poised to launch new routes in Khon Kaen and Hua Hin

561000005474701.jpg

Pictures (2): Manager online

Air Asia - buoyed by better than expected passenger figures on Khon Kaen routes could soon announce new services out of the north eastern Thai city.

Routes from Khon Kaen to Don Muang, Hat Yai and Chiang Mai have proved so successful that three more are in the offing.

This could see regular flights from Khon Kaen to and from Hua Hin, U-Tapao (Pattaya) and Chiang Rai officially launched later this year.

561000005474704.jpg

Manager reported that Air Asia flights were 89% full on Khon Kaen routes in 2017 and first quarter results from this year are expected to better that. Some 5,000 passengers per day were using their services from the Khon Kaen hub.

The route to Bangkok has seen 96% capacity and they are now thinking of adding a late night return trip to the six already available on that route.

Area manager Kattaleeya Borrirak said that Khon Kaen routes had exceeded expectations so now the company plans further expansion.

As well as at Khon Kaen airport, this expansion also includes three additional routes being added to Hua Hin airport.

The proposed new routes will see regular flights from the increasingly popular resort town to Chiang Mai and Phuket, in addition to Khon Kaen.

The new routes, which are currently subject to a feasibility study are expected to be officially announced later this year.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-29

All the while they took one (of two) flights off the timetable between U-tapao and Udon Thani; the remaining one is frigging early in the morning and usually completely booked out for weeks.

The U-tapao airport with restricted access for vehicles, no decent and regular bus service to Rayong or Pattaya city (forget the minivans, which I - for one - are not using by principle) made me returning back to Suvannaphum or, if really necessary, to Don Muang, as both are easier and cheaper accessible than U-tapao (living in Pattaya). 

At first I thought Khon Kaen, flights to Khon Kaen, why? Who would want to go there? So I had a look on youtube and now I see I'm wrong. It does look like an interesting place to visit. The flights must be cheap and the hotels also, so those bored of the beach should give it a try.

14 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

All the while they took one (of two) flights off the timetable between U-tapao and Udon Thani; the remaining one is frigging early in the morning and usually completely booked out for weeks.

The U-tapao airport with restricted access for vehicles, no decent and regular bus service to Rayong or Pattaya city (forget the minivans, which I - for one - are not using by principle) made me returning back to Suvannaphum or, if really necessary, to Don Muang, as both are easier and cheaper accessible than U-tapao (living in Pattaya). 

Well, you are lucky you still have one flight to U-tapao. We had one from Ubonratchathani to U-tapao and it lasted one week Gone

• 8 months later...

Archived