Search resumes for missing Russian tourist on Samui

snoop1130

Search resumes for missing Russian tourist on Samui

By The Nation

c06cb6b817aed0ee6b9ade60ba8a3666.jpeg

Inna Obukhova

Officials on Tuesday resumed the search for a female Russian tourist with dementia who had gone missing on Koh Samui in Surat Thani more than a month ago.

The operation is being assisted by a sniffer dog from the Nakhon Si Thammarat Border Patrol Police (BPP) command.

Inna Obukhova, 39, was last seen at Centra Coconut Resort Samui in Tambon Taling Ngam on April 20.

The renewed search operation, led by Samui police chief Pol Colonel Paithoon Krachachang, is divided into three teams.

The first team, headed by Pol Lieutenant Prapai Kaewprasit of the War Dog Unit of the BPP command, is searching in the area near the hotel where the woman had stayed.

The second team will comb Khao Hin Lek mountain in Tambon Taling Ngam, where there are several resort residences for Russians.

The third team will use a patrol boat to check around Koh Ha, which is an islet off Samui. 

The small island is a private firm’s concession area for the collection of bird nests. 

Paithoon said the team would check the area out after police had received tip-offs that a foreigner was seen climbing rocks on Koh Ha.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30346522

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-5-29

"The operation is being assisted by a sniffer dog from the Nakhon Si Thammarat Border Patrol Police (BPP) command."

Why not brought in before ?,i would think any scent from the lady would be long gone,

did they ever find the other Russian woman,the diver ?

regards worgeordie

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"The operation is being assisted by a sniffer dog from the Nakhon Si Thammarat Border Patrol Police (BPP) command."

Why not brought in before ?,i would think any scent from the lady would be long gone,

regards worgeordie

Some types of sniffer dogs search for cadavers

44 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

Unfortunately not this one,most likely a drug sniffing dog 

from the Border patrol.

regards worgeordie

58 minutes ago, edwarda909 said:

Given a diagnosis of dementia at the age of 38.  Extremely young for Alzheimer's or vascular causes. Which leaves dementia due to chronic alcoholic abuse or chronic traumatic  encephalopathy.  

And we're off. Today's example of "I couldn't be more wrong if I tried" by someone trying to look knowledgeable 

Alzheimer's and vascular are the main causes of dementia in younger people. The one's you propose barely register at that age.

Yes, I have thoroughly researched the subject and for very good reason. Added to which I studied health science and psychology at uni

40 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

And we're off. Today's example of "I couldn't be more wrong if I tried" by someone trying to look knowledgeable 

Alzheimer's and vascular are the main causes of dementia in younger people. The one's you propose barely register at that age.

Yes, I have thoroughly researched the subject and for very good reason. Added to which I studied health science and psychology at uni

but that doesn't exclude his main point.  Excessive alcohol consumption.  :cheesy:

2 hours ago, edwarda909 said:

Given a diagnosis of dementia at the age of 38.  Extremely young for Alzheimer's or vascular causes. Which leaves dementia due to chronic alcoholic abuse or chronic traumatic  encephalopathy.  

....and:

https://www.youngdementiauk.org/young-onset-dementia-facts-figures

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Never thought this one would be heard of again. Usually they sweep it under the thick rug, for us to finally forget.
However, they are far to late, though.

Better late than never to add something positive as well for a change....

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Its quite common in the western world as well to let 30 days pass prior to start this kind of operation in disappearance cases without any criminal traces so no reason to expect it at a earlier stage in this case.

2 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

...and some types of sniffer police search for electronics...

E-waste crackdown reaches Bangkok, as police sniff hazard in Laem Chabang Estate

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1040468-e-waste-crackdown-reaches-bangkok-as-police-sniff-hazard-in-laem-chabang-estate/?utm_source=newsletter-20180530-0621&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

1 month ago .. How long ? Can't believe my eyes. A person with dementia - and now only they start looking ... female too.

First trip to south 1976 - never forget those hollow dark eyes staring at us from all corners  upon reaching Surathani .. What has this got to do with the Russian person missing , Right - nothing except once you study the eyes staring at you, you either know how to interprete those or you always stay a fool . .

Naah there is no love left for anything foreign there..

Russian Tourist ... 1 month missing ..Samui ...be realistic.

23 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Better late than never to add something positive as well for a change....

Oooh!? I have more than my share of positive comments the latest 3 days. I have been writing between 2-3 happy comments about people stuck in lift, good teachers and more.
That would, out of approx. around 50 comments, stand as a staggering 4-6% percent of pure happiness and positive mindset.

By the way. I work really hard for acheiving that high number, so please don´t ask me for more. :cheesy:

7 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Oooh!? I have more than my share of positive comments the latest 3 days. I have been writing between 2-3 happy comments about people stuck in lift, good teachers and more.
That would, out of approx. around 50 comments, stand as a staggering 4-6% percent of pure happiness and positive mindset.

By the way. I work really hard for acheiving that high number, so please don´t ask me for more. :cheesy:

I didnt ask - pure contribution...:drunk:

26 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Its quite common in the western world as well to let 30 days pass prior to start this kind of operation in disappearance cases without any criminal traces so no reason to expect it at a earlier stage in this case.

I don't think so,let 30 days pass before starting to look for

someone,who is very vulnerable.what western countries ?

regards Worgeordie

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I don't think so,let 30 days pass before starting to look for

someone,who is very vulnerable.what western countries ?

regards Worgeordie

Did I say look for - I did not....

To start looking for someone missing normally require  a 24hours timeframe which has already been done, but I said this kind of operation i.e sniffer dogs etc...

2 hours ago, ttrd said:

Its quite different if a person goes missing from their home , in their home Country , as thay could be staying with friends .

Its quite different when its a foreigner on an Island .

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Its quite different if a person goes missing from their home , in their home Country , as thay could be staying with friends .

Its quite different when its a foreigner on an Island .

I am totally agree on a general basis, but in most of those cases which is not few each year the tourists have unfortunately disappeared by their own free will and it is a huge cost involved which only in a very few cases has been paid by the tourists so based on that fact I can understand that the authorities do not rush to mobilize full force every time a tourist is reported missing and that they have a window prior to do so when there are no indications of criminal involvement as in this case...:coffee1:

5 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Enjoying all this ‘willy-wangling’...box!

7 hours ago, edwarda909 said:

"chronic traumatic  encephalopathy".  Thank you, Doctor!

Archived