Teaching with WP but wo waiver/lic

I fully realize the days of teaching without a degree are long gone but I've another question.

I have a friend who is teaching in Indonesia and wants to return to Bangkok. Trouble is he's had four waivers here.

A. What are the odds of him getting a new waiver upcountry?

B. In Bangkok?

He's currently working for an international school. Very hirable.

If he can gain a wp with 'special skills' including many sought after extracurricular soft skills and experience.

Do you need a license/waiver to be instructing in public school or would obtaining a wp suffice?

My suspicion is that the wp solves most of the issues, but he would really need the waiver to teach ft in public or private secondary schools. Don't the cops essentially check wps?

You need a waiver to get a work permit, unless you are working in a Universtiy or language school. Basically any school that is goverened by OBEC requires a waiver for a WP. Bangkok, upcountry or by the sea makes no difference.

8 minutes ago, puchooay said:

You need a waiver to get a work permit, unless you are working in a Universtiy or language school. Basically any school that is goverened by OBEC requires a waiver for a WP. Bangkok, upcountry or by the sea makes no difference.

OK, thanks.

He seems to think he can score an O visa.

I only mention upcountry because I'd heard that things purposely get overlooked or just follow na less stringent playbook. Yes, realize the DB is online.

2 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

OK, thanks.

He seems to think he can score an O visa.

I only mention upcountry because I'd heard that things purposely get overlooked or just follow na less stringent playbook. Yes, realize the DB is online.

Upcountry schools need to get the waiver from Bangkok.

Surely if he comes back, after being away for some time, he'll not need a waiver. 

Archived