Only in Thailand? Road carnage gets a little help!

webfact

Only in Thailand? Road carnage gets a little help!

4pm.jpg

Pictures (2): Daily News

As if the road carnage in Thailand is not bad enough comes a story from Surat Thani of a power pole slap bang in the middle of the left lane on a country road.

Anyone driving along - especially in the dark - would be in serious trouble.

Posters on social media doubted it was true and thought it was photo-shopped.

But it turned out to be genuine - when the road was paved the electrical authorities were too busy and so the Ban Thung Thong to Nong Khla was left in that state.

Posters on social media teased that it was a case of the power pole coming first, reported Daily News.

But Surat Thani governor Wichawut Jinto did not see the funny side and yesterday ordered the Ban Nasarn district chief and the Wiang Sa electrical authorities to move the pole.

4pm1.jpg

It was shifted to the position power poles normally adopt - by the side of roads.

The governor said it was obviously dangerous and as soon as he heard about it he took decisive action.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-30

I once lived in an apartment in Phetchabun were there was a main support pole right in the middle of my bathroom.  I asked the falang owner about it and he just laughed and said it wasn't on the original plans.  :cheesy:

Although I don't drive here, when I see a fork in the road I sometimes get confused...............

931127069_resized_forkinroad.jpg.46620ac3e18ae2ee254bd0da1a38ca4d.jpg

Especially if the road has been finished on a Friday afternoon........................

1972051937_resized_fridayroadmaking.jpg.75ba177003a5f9c85d431fd12e634b65.jpg

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Meanwhile in the Good ole USA somewhere.

images (21).jpeg

First reply and its from an apologist trying to justify a stupid thing, when not even the Thais would not try to defend that. btw no comparison.

2 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Although I don't drive here, when I see a fork in the road I sometimes get confused...............

931127069_resized_forkinroad.jpg.46620ac3e18ae2ee254bd0da1a38ca4d.jpg

Especially if the road has been finished on a Friday afternoon........................

1972051937_resized_fridayroadmaking.jpg.75ba177003a5f9c85d431fd12e634b65.jpg

Android ap. SNAV/Google maps is always giving instructions about "In 200 meters take the right fork in the road"    Now I understand!!   And the other picture helps out if I ever hear that I am to take the big spoon!

17 minutes ago, brling said:

First reply and its from an apologist trying to justify a stupid thing, when not even the Thais would not try to defend that. btw no comparison.

Union worker not allowed to move a piece of wood?

1 hour ago, brling said:

Trying to justify?  He was doing nothing of the sort....just pointing out that stupidity exists everywhere.  What the freak is wrong with you?

Archived