BANGKOK 21 March 2019 04:10
pr0fik

Urine Drug Tests How to Act?

Hi everyone, 

I already read topics related to this issue, but I didn't find the answer to my question.

Brief story:

Last night , i got "chosen" by police under BTS Asoke,  they asked me to do urine tests on the street. That night i did 2 puffs, and the result came positive. So ofc, they started to scare me about jail or fine of 40,000 baht. Eventually i had to pay to get away from this situation.

The money gone is a lesson, I am not drug user or even marijuana which last attempt was like 3 years ago.

What bothers me is

If I am clean, and i get stopped by police, how do i act? May I insist of taking tests in clinic or hospital?  Can I take video? ( Because last night i tried , they took my phone away from me, and 2 seconds video was deleted ) . 

What if they insist on urine test on the street again and it will be fake result?  Can I ask for the second check in laboratory or some other reliable place?

What if they plant something? How can i prove myself not guilty?

I just dont know how to act, when u have 10 police guys around you with flash lights on my face at  night time,  "talk shit about my back" (they didn't know i can speak Thai )....and dont let to call to anyone...

I became paranoid about them.

Any suggestion how to act or what to do in the particular situation?

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe if you stop taking the pee, they will.

16 minutes ago, vogie said:

Maybe if you stop taking the pee, they will.

Thanks for your reply.

As I understood, it is Legal for Thai police to perform urine tests on the street. 

Edited by pr0fik

Just now, NetJunkie said:

So your two puffs were what?

Have you tried not breaking the law? I find that the easiest way to deal with the police.

Marijuana. Again, it is not about the last night. Yes - I am guilty and paid for it. Lesson learnt.

However, just more concern about fake results , as mentioned - paranoia of being accused for something never done.

Because simple things like taking a video of police or call to someone so you don't stay alone its impossible.

• Haha 1

How much did you pay?

Why not contact a lawyer? I mean, if you are keen enough to pay 40,000 THB or whatever the amount was, why not hire a lawyer and ask him for his advice and pay some money and then ask him if you can pay him double that in case the police stops you for a urine test you can call him. If it's a Sino-Thai lawyer with pictures of his papa high up the wall as a judge or whatever, it would be really possible that you can call him at the next event and get some real help. Only for the affluent of course who can pay 40k for such an offence.

In short, better call Saul. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IsaanFam said:

How much did you pay?

Why not contact a lawyer? I mean, if you are keen enough to pay 40,000 THB or whatever the amount was, why not hire a lawyer and ask him for his advice and pay some money and then ask him if you can pay him double that in case the police stops you for a urine test you can call him. If it's a Sino-Thai lawyer with pictures of his papa high up the wall as a judge or whatever, it would be really possible that you can call him at the next event and get some real help. Only for the affluent of course who can pay 40k for such an offence.

In short, better call Saul. 

Thanks, been thinking about it also. Dont get me wrong , 40k was painful. But lawyer for not much fees could be great .

Edited by pr0fik

Perhaps less speed in your life. It makes people paranoid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thanks Richard, your reply was very useful. 

The interesting thing here is you would have been taken to the police station and locked up until you could see a judge who would set bail at likely around 100k Baht.

Your problem if you don't live here would be the confiscation of your passport until the sentencing date which could be several months away.

Small amount of marijuana in your system would be a fine much lower than 40k Baht.

Swings and roundabouts here but overall 40k Baht I would just have paid to avoid the hassle.

Anyway you were guilty so lesson learned....Thailand is not a place to take illegal substances.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pr0fik said:

Last night , i got "chosen" by police under BTS Asoke,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Your report is disconcerting, in that random urine testing was largely discontinued after the social media debacle it kicked up about three years ago. In what circumstances were you stopped, and at what location and time of day? Last time the authorities here got out of hand with this, the world media was appalled and really went to town on it. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Perhaps less speed in your life. It makes people paranoid. 

Did I miss where he said he uses speed?   Paranoia is a healthy attribute in Thailand.