Urine Drug Tests How to Act?

pr0fik

You state the obvious, so what's your point. My sentence should say, everyone who smokes weed coming from a weed smoking country? It is profiling, and it is entrapment. No authentic probable cause, only the quest to make pocket money. 

Again, I agree it is profiling to stop people that look like pot-heads.

How is it entrapment? Does someone offer you free grass and get you to smoke it before the test?

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Again, I agree it is profiling to stop people that look like pot-heads.

How is it entrapment? Does someone offer you free grass and get you to smoke it before the test?

The profiling of entrapping foreigners. And no, sorry, they checked my 4 associates who are USA business men last week. It is everyone. 

HUH? You mean kept secret? You are a foreigner and not Thai. Taxi's will not cut a way to make money out. Most are from Issan. Your statement is ridiculous. 

Yes, I meant secret.

So it is your position that the police are all in cahoots with the taxi drivers drivers, and that the taxi-drivers intentionally drive knucklehead pot-smokers through check-points?

You loadies crack me up.

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, I meant secret.

So it is your position that the police are all in cahoots with the taxi drivers drivers, and that the taxi-drivers intentionally drive knucklehead pot-smokers through check-points?

You loadies crack me up.

No, but wouldn't it be every foreigner in order to be lucky to get  kick back if one gets snagged up? Kosan Rd stayers are just a plus as they are more apt to be on something. If there is nothing to it, then the taxi all know the area is a red zone. Taxi drivers don't like the police, so nothing gained then they go the other way. 

No, but wouldn't it be every foreigner in order to be lucky to get  kick back if one gets snagged up? Kosan Rd stayers are just a plus as they are more apt to be on something. If there is nothing to it, then the taxi all know the area is a red zone. Taxi drivers don't like the police, so nothing gained then they go the other way. 

So the taxi drivers take all foreigners through the check points in hopes that one pisses dirty whereby the taxi driver gets a kickback from the police they don’t like, correct?

On 5/30/2018 at 8:18 PM, NetJunkie said:

So your two puffs were what?

Have you tried not breaking the law? I find that the easiest way to deal with the police.

question:    do you or have you ever engaged in the P4P  scene ?   

13 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Or have you ever jay-walked?

i hope that question is also for Netjunkie ?    Personally,  i have done many things in my life that were "against the LAW".     bad on me !   I also have had some bad experiences with "law enforcement people"

where they were breaking the law !  (should clarify this was long time ago and actually not in Thailand) 

I hope netjunkie is not looking at bad things on the internet......there are laws about that too.

Law, law,  everywhere a law !!

BTW:   as i have mentioned in other posts..... i always try to be polite and non-confrontational when dealing

with the police here.   Seems to work very well for me

Edited by rumak

9 minutes ago, NetJunkie said:

"always", seems like you deal with the police a lot more than the average Joe.

Definition: An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts messages to bait people to answer. Trolls often delight in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion

I've been stopped at Asoke junction in taxi's before too, I was in cabs going through there nearly every day for 6 months last year and never had to get out the car. Same questions each time - Where are you from, why are you in Bangkok, where are you staying, and where are you going now? After answering each time I was sent on my way and officer was polite and friendly each time to myself and drivers. This was late afternoon/early evening fwiw, never been stopped in cab late at night, only when on foot.

4 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Could be a “stiff” penalty....

Not unless you popped an extra one 30mins ago before going for a walk.

Anyway, in all seriousness, what would happen?

29 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I’ve been here 17 years, go through there at least weekly and have never been stopped.

Do you look like a pot-head?

Are you a “business man” visiting a pot-head?

No and no. I've never ever been stopped anywhere in Thailand (guess I've been lucky) but have seen heaps of foreigners get stopped at Asoke/Sukhumvit intersection late nights either walking to cross the road or who are in taxis turning left onto Sukhumvit, that's why I always make the extra precautionary effort to take the stairs up and use the skywalk. Seen normal looking asians & koreans get stopped when walking to cross the road too, so they will stop any foreigner they wish to.

Also seen cops during an afternoon on the weekend hanging around Sukhumvit 23 corner stop people walking by, about 8 cops there. They stopped these normal looking 4 white tourists who were couples, two of the guys were walking in front and two of the girls were walking behind them, and I was walking behind them. At least I wasn't stopped but the 4 of them were.

Also seen two cops on their scooter very early morning slowly driving up and down near Sukhumvit 18 to 22 looking for foreigners to stop, and saw them stop a Korean dude walking between Sukhumvit 20 and 22 to search him in a dark area on that stretch of road.

Coming back from RCA going back to Sukhumvit on a Fri/Sat night very often just around that area there's a number of roadside police roadblocks either way to stop taxis to search passengers too.

Better be safe then sorry is my motto, especially when everyone knows it's never good to come in contact with any of them.

That's why it makes me also wonder about peeps who carry Kamagra or other ED meds on a night out if it would cause them any issues. Never seen anyone discuss that.

Edited by bbi1

No and no. I've never ever been stopped anywhere in Thailand (guess I've been lucky) but have seen heaps of foreigners get stopped at Asoke/Sukhumvit intersection late nights either walking to cross the road or who are in taxis turning left onto Sukhumvit, that's why I always make the extra precautionary effort to take the stairs up and use the skywalk. Seen normal looking asians & koreans get stopped when walking to cross the road too, so they will stop any foreigner they wish to.

Also seen cops during an afternoon on the weekend hanging around Sukhumvit 23 corner stop people walking by, about 8 cops there. They stopped these normal looking 4 white tourists who were couples, two of the guys were walking in front and two of the girls were walking behind them, and I was walking behind them. At least I wasn't stopped but the 4 of them were.

Also seen two cops on their scooter very early morning slowly driving up and down near Sukhumvit 18 to 22 looking for foreigners to stop, and saw them stop a Korean dude walking between Sukhumvit 20 and 22 to search him in a dark area on that stretch of road.

Coming back from RCA going back to Sukhumvit on a Fri/Sat night very often just around that area there's a number of roadside police roadblocks either way to stop taxis to search passengers too.

Better be safe then sorry is my motto, especially when everyone knows it's never good to come in contact with any of them.

That's why it makes me also wonder about peeps who carry Kamagra or other ED meds on a night out if it would cause them any issues. Never seen anyone discuss that.

I doubt very much they’re looking for ED meds...

On 6/10/2018 at 9:07 AM, bbi1 said:

Is Kamagra restricted in any way in Thailand? I don't think so, so you can baiscally carry as much as you want with you, it's not different from Paracetamol regarding the legality

Edited by jackdd

11 hours ago, Aynlrimir said:

Any fool who does drugs shows a complete lack of judgement and self respect . Anyone who does drugs in Thailand is a complete moron and deserves the stiffest punishment going . 

You also deserve the worst for posting this.

How ridiculous can be people in 2018 when drug war is lost and all drugs will be legal sooner or later.

Is this moron day .? Thats like saying europes going to be muslim one day so may as well let them all in without any restrictions or anything else thats bound to happen . So drugs will be legal soon . Good i can get stoned  freely but does that mean using drugs is good and should be condoned ...? Of course not .

ISLAMAPHOBE!!!
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 7:57 AM, alfalfa19 said:

Not breaking the law in Thailand is no guarantee of anything. especially of not being extorted by crooked cops.  I don't drink or use drugs, and lead a totally legal lifestyle,  but I don't feel immune from persecution when in Thailand. I take it you lead a very holy lifestyle, and have not dropped a bit of paper in the street, or committed any other felonies while in Thailand. 

Plus there is the danger of false positives or legacy chemicals in your system from medicines taken in your own country. To say nothing of poppy seeds on bread or codeine taken in UK or even Saudi. Random Urine testing is inaccurate, unfair and just bullying. May I as the OP...what time of day or night? Where precisely in Asoke? I am surprised two puffs would show in a urine test? This whole unfortunate affair sounds dodgy to me. How do you access 40k baht instantly?