Jompthien Baht Bus Routes

doctormann

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm having some difficulty getting definitive information.

Do Baht buses in Jompthien only run on Beach road - in both directions - or do they run in an anticlockwise loop, south down Beach Road, east on Chaiyapruk, north on Second Road and thence via Thrappaya Road to Pattaya?

I have relatives who will be staying in a condo on Jompthien Second Road, near the Bunkanchana junction so I'm wondering how they will be fixed for transport.

Any info gratefully received.

Sorry, there is no service on Jomtien 2nd road.

They do not loop around in that way. 

They go as far as they're going to down the beach (can vary) and then they simply turn around on Beach Road.

They will need to walk or bike taxi back and forth to Beach road for service. 

There is also Grab ride service by mobile app which is expensive but not as bad with a larger group. 

18 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

The Atlantis has a free shuttle and Jomtien Beach Condominium might. My suggestion would be to walk through the JBC complex and catch the baht busses on Jomtien Beach Rd. 

Thanks, that sounds useful.  It is the Atlantis that they are staying at.  I'll pass the info to them.

There is a Bahtbus station/queue at the corner of Jomtien 2nd Road and Sukumvit, not far from the Floating Market.

Bahtbuses from there must go along 2nd Road, though how far they go and how they get back is not known to me.

Also I have only ever seen them in the daytime and I doubt that they are very frequent even then.

There was a project last year to make Jomtien Beach Road one-way, and to have the Bahtbuses do some sort of circuit along Chaiyapreuk and 2nd Road, though the idea was abandoned before it even started and it was never clear to me exactly how it would work.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

There is a Bahtbus station/queue at the corner of Jomtien 2nd Road and Sukumvit, not far from the Floating Market.

Bahtbuses from there must go along 2nd Road, though how far they go and how they get back is not known to me.

Also I have only ever seen them in the daytime and I doubt that they are very frequent even then.

There was a project last year to make Jomtien Beach Road one-way, and to have the Bahtbuses do some sort of circuit along Chaiyapreuk and 2nd Road, though the idea was abandoned before it even started and it was never clear to me exactly how it would work.

There is an edited Google map that Pattaya-Pages.com put on the internet that clearly shows a Baht Bus loop round Jomptien Beach road / Second Road.  Link:  https://tinyurl.com/y8nezbm3

Obviously either out of date or a work of fiction!

54 minutes ago, Henryford said:

All those condos on Second road down from the Hanuman are stuffed in terms of public transport. I am surprised anyone buys/rents there. Walking to/from beach Road must get to be a PITA.

It's not so bad - about 500m to the beach, depending where you are.

I must say though that Atlantis would not have been my first choice because there are better locations.

Unless the Atlantis shuttle has been instigated sine the beginning of April, it is none existent. I am an owner and have lived there since Jan 2015. There is an Atlantis elongated tuk tuk but it has never been used as a shuttle.

I wonder why they don't have at least infrequent service just going back and forth on 2nd. They would stop at Tappraya meaning you'd need to get a second bus if you wanted to go into Pattaya. Say it was every 15 minutes. Some people might wait for it and others would take it if they got lucky and otherwise walk to Beach. For the driver it's limited driving. I don't know if that would be commercially viable or not, but it's weird that they haven't even tried. I imagine there is a demand just going to destinations on 2nd like Rompho Market.  As it is now if you're on 2nd far from there and want to go there, you'd need to walk to beach and then back to 2nd and on your return the same. CRAZY!

When I lived in that soi , in Paradise Park condo , located behind Atlantis, we had a free shuttle bus hourly from 9 am until 6 pm. Paradise Park is 800 meters from beach rd.

4 hours ago, doctormann said:

There is an edited Google map that Pattaya-Pages.com put on the internet that clearly shows a Baht Bus loop round Jomptien Beach road / Second Road.  Link:  https://tinyurl.com/y8nezbm3

I must say though that Atlantis would not have been my first choice because there are better locations.

That's not the official baht bus route map. I would post the official one but it would not help as the baht bus drivers do not adhere to it. If they did there would be no baht buses on Soi Buakhao and the Jomtien to Pattaya buses would go along third road and not second road as they all do.

Den 

4 minutes ago, balo said:

When I lived in that soi , in Paradise Park condo , located behind Atlantis, we had a free shuttle bus hourly from 9 am until 6 pm. Paradise Park is 800 meters from beach rd.

They still have the shuttle but it hasnt been free for a couple of years, 20B I think,

5 hours ago, doctormann said:

Yes as  a one off it's not too bad but if you had to walk it 2 or 3 times a day especially late at night it would be a pain.

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

All those condos on Second road down from the Hanuman are stuffed in terms of public transport. I am surprised anyone buys/rents there. Walking to/from beach Road must get to be a PITA.

Not really - I stayed in the Second Road part of Jomtien Beach condos for 6 months a few years ago. To get to Beach Road and the Baht Bus, it was simply a matter of crossing 2nd Road and walking through the other half of the condo complex.

Would take me 10 minutes if i was alone, but 15 if my TGF was with me ? Only time it was a minor inconvenience was if we were carrying shopping and/or if it was raining. 

And late at night, once you get off the bus., you're straight into the complex. Well it worked OK for me.

From Jomtien second road take a small walk to jomtien beach and take buss all the way to Naklua. On way back it goes from Pattaya beachroad to first intersection after beachroad. Then you need to cross the street to take buss to Jomtien. So only 1 buss to pattaya  2 from pattaya to Jomtien

Archived