Mobile streaming App that detects when a HDMI cable is plugged in and stops streaming. Any work around?

KhunHeineken

On 1/27/2020 at 2:56 PM, tlcwaterfall said:

I have been watching Foxtel Go on my television using my Nvidia Shield and other devices for the past year or more.

Simple to do.

I can not comment on the Nvidia Shield as I do not own one, but thanks for letting me know.  Did you have to change any settings on it?

What other devices have you been watching Foxtel Go on?

13 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I can not comment on the Nvidia Shield as I do not own one, but thanks for letting me know.  Did you have to change any settings on it?

What other devices have you been watching Foxtel Go on?

I am watching Foxtel go through a Kodi addon. Works well on all my android devices.

You can install the Kodi addon to any device then input your Foxtel username and password.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

4 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

I am watching Foxtel go through a Kodi addon. Works well on all my android devices.

Interesting.  Is a VPN needed when viewing through Kodi?  Obviously the use of Kodi gets around Foxtel Go's HDMI detection. 

Are you concerned at all about signing into your account through a third party Kodi Add On?   

What is the name of the Add On?

3 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Interesting.  Is a VPN needed when viewing through Kodi?  Obviously the use of Kodi gets around Foxtel Go's HDMI detection. 

Are you concerned at all about signing into your account through a third party Kodi Add On?   

What is the name of the Add On?

I use a VPN as I am outside Australia. The developer is trustworthy and has many other useful addons in his repo.

Pm me please and I will pass on the addon name and repo address.

On 1/28/2020 at 10:08 PM, tlcwaterfall said:

You can install the Kodi addon to any device then input your Foxtel username and password.

Very interesting tlcwaterfall , i've sent a PM . thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same problem with Sky Go for Italy. I have a regular subscription with Sky, but it's possible to use Sky Go only with mobile devices: it detects HDMI plug and I can't use Sky Go with my android box. It works if I use the RCA link to tv, but the quality is horrible...Could anyone send a PM to me with the solution guide? Thank you very much!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 1:43 AM, Stacco93 said:

Hi, I have the same problem with Sky Go for Italy. I have a regular subscription with Sky, but it's possible to use Sky Go only with mobile devices: it detects HDMI plug and I can't use Sky Go with my android box. It works if I use the RCA link to tv, but the quality is horrible...Could anyone send a PM to me with the solution guide? Thank you very much!

PM sent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 1:41 PM, gaviny said:

Mate ,is your Foxtel Go still working , mine no longer works.I can get in but the circular thing just goes round and round , even with a faster internet.

Sorry for the late reply.  I have just tested mine and it works fine. 

I am using an older version of the app.  It's 3.6.2.  The was a bug with a new version last year, so I installed an older version, and have had no need to update to the latest version when the older version works perfectly fine.  

Maybe you have a local IP address conflict.  Have you tried rebooting your modem / router?  Did you try an uninstall and reinstall? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 1:20 AM, KhunHeineken said:

PM sent.

On 2/26/2020 at 3:43 PM, Stacco93 said:

Hey @KhunHeineken I had the same problem on my shieldtv like @Stacco93.

Can you send me a pm too?

• 2 weeks later...

I had some PM's in relation to the Sky Go app from Europe.  I don't have Sky Go, I have Foxtel. 

Can the members who tried this work around on the Sky Go app PM me with the results?  Did it work?

Also, a member said the Nvidia Shield works in the same way, but other members have had problems with their Nvidia Shield box.  Can members PM me on how they got their Nvidia Shield working?  For example, were there any settings that needed to be adjusted?

Thanks.

KH 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 3:25 PM, gaviny said:

KhunHeiniken I presume your Foxtel Go is still working , I downloaded  V3.6.2 but still no luck.

Sorry for the late reply.  

I just checked for you and mine is working fine.  I checked the version and it's definitely Version 3.6.2 which is an older version.  I could probably update to a newer version, but it's working perfectly so will not touch it.  

Is your VPN ok?  Maybe try another server.  

Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall of Version 3.6.2 might fix it.  

17 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

For anyone struggling to watch Foxtel Go on their device there is a very simple workaround.

I have been using it for a long time now.

There is a Kodi add-on that makes watching Foxtel Go simple to watch with no HDMI issues.

There are a few around, which Repo are you using?

I have considered this, but I have no idea who is running Kodi, and because you have to put in your account details, I thought it posed a risk, but I do know a couple of guys that watch it that way and they have never had a problem.      

2 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

There are a few around, which Repo are you using?

I have considered this, but I have no idea who is running Kodi, and because you have to put in your account details, I thought it posed a risk, but I do know a couple of guys that watch it that way and they have never had a problem.      

Kodi has been around since 2002. It is perfectly safe.

Friends of mine have been using Kodi and the Foxtel Go add-on for years without any issues.

I am watching AFL on it right now and have perfect video and sound quality.

The repository that has the Foxtel Go addon also has all the Australian free to air tv channels too. 

On 7/12/2020 at 4:50 PM, tlcwaterfall said:

Kodi has been around since 2002. It is perfectly safe.

Friends of mine have been using Kodi and the Foxtel Go add-on for years without any issues.

I am watching AFL on it right now and have perfect video and sound quality.

The repository that has the Foxtel Go addon also has all the Australian free to air tv channels too. 

I've been using Kodi for years, just not entering any account details and passwords into it because I have no idea who is running Kodi and what could possible happen to account.  

Aren't you passing your sign in details through a 3rd Party (Kodi) to get into the app you want?  

Which Repo are you using?  They are getting shut down and reopening all the time.

5 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

I've been using Kodi for years, just not entering any account details and passwords into it because I have no idea who is running Kodi and what could possible happen to account.  

Aren't you passing your sign in details through a 3rd Party (Kodi) to get into the app you want?  

Which Repo are you using?  They are getting shut down and reopening all the time.

As mentioned earlier I and many others including guys you know have been accessing Foxtel Go using the Kodi add-on for a long time now.

Kodi is a very reputable media player and has been around since 2002.

Never had a problem accessing Foxtel Go this way and as far as I am aware this is the only option for many people now.

I am using the slyguy repository.

On 7/12/2020 at 11:05 AM, KhunHeineken said:

Sorry for the late reply.  

I just checked for you and mine is working fine.  I checked the version and it's definitely Version 3.6.2 which is an older version.  I could probably update to a newer version, but it's working perfectly so will not touch it.  

Is your VPN ok?  Maybe try another server.  

Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall of Version 3.6.2 might fix it.  

Mate , yes definitely V 3.6.2 , which VPN are you using ,I might have no option and try it also.