Mobile streaming App that detects when a HDMI cable is plugged in and stops streaming. Any work around?

KhunHeineken

UPDATE:  This work around still works for getting Foxtel onto a big screen, but it looks like Foxtel has now found a way to detect when a VPN is being used. I have tried a couple of VPN's and also a VPN directly to my home modem, and I can't get it to work.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Maybe some members can test Foxtel with their VPN turned one, even if they are inside Australia.   If one VPN company can get around Foxtel's geo blocking, I'll sign up.   

1 minute ago, KhunHeineken said:

UPDATE:  This work around still works for getting Foxtel onto a big screen, but it looks like Foxtel has now found a way to detect when a VPN is being used. I have tried a couple of VPN's and also a VPN directly to my home modem, and I can't get it to work.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Maybe some members can test Foxtel with their VPN turned one, even if they are inside Australia.   If one VPN company can get around Foxtel's geo blocking, I'll sign up.   

Nord Vpn and Smartdns proxy all work well with Foxtel.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just curious why is this such a big secret that it has to go through PM do you like the attention that much ?

Most probably not a Big Secret, but more that KhunHeineken would like to receive feedback on the guideline provided so that he can update and improve the guideline when necessary.  I do same with my Guideline documents on Visa issues (some of which are already on rev8), continually improving them based on the questions, suggestions and feedback I receive from those requesting them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

Most probably not a Big Secret, but more that KhunHeineken would like to receive feedback on the guideline provided so that he can update and improve the guideline when necessary.  I do same with my Guideline documents on Visa issues (some of which are already on rev8), continually improving them based on the questions, suggestions and feedback I receive from those requesting them. 

Ok sounds plausible. Just looked so secretive and a lot of work. Did not understand the reason and this topic is going on forever.

Yes i seen your visa advice usually quite good. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2021 at 12:58 PM, Peter Denis said:

Correct.  It's so the advice can be updated in a PM, rather than posted in bits and pieces every time.

A member has said Nord VPN works.  I will test this when borders open and if it works, I will add that to the PM as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 1:42 PM, KhunHeineken said:

Bumping this thread.

I can confirm gaviny's information works and the Foxtel Go app can be viewed on a TV screen.

Any Australian members with friends or family back in Australia, who subscribe to Foxtel, maybe you can use their Foxtel ID and watch all the channels they subscribe to.  5 devices can be registered and 2 can stream at the same time. 

You will also need a VPN but that's pretty standard for many things. 

As gaviny did for me, I am happy to pass the word on how to do it, so feel free to PM me.

Hi mate. Could you pass this info on to to me to get this working. Thanks 

I as previously mentioned use a Kodi addon to watch Foxtel Go,

Works 100% of the time and the addon is maintained regularly.

Simple to use and easy to add.

The same Kodi repository also has all the Australian free to air channels and a lot of other Australian and New Zealand channels too.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2021 at 5:57 PM, tlcwaterfall said:

The same Kodi repository also has all the Australian free to air channels and a lot of other Australian and New Zealand channels too.

I've tried it, it does work, but can be a bit hit and miss with the VPN.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 5:57 PM, tlcwaterfall said:

How and what repo on kodi please cant find any info on this im new too kodi