Mobile streaming App that detects when a HDMI cable is plugged in and stops streaming. Any work around?

KhunHeineken

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 5:02 AM, hurts said:

Can you explain how this VPN Add-On works?  

Does it give Kodi the VPN IP address but the rest of the box / phone is on the IP address of physical location, or this add-on VPN's the whole device?  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 9:47 AM, nugget55365 said:

Kodi causing me buffering issues... can i please grab the HDMI instructions?

This thread is not about fixing issues with Kodi. 

This thread is for app that are for phones, but when you put the app on an android box, it knows you will be watching on a big screen, and blocks the app from running.  They are mostly movie and sport streaming apps. 

Im not even sure if im replying correctly here but anyway here goes....

Im not looking to fix Kodi.. overall its fine but the only VPN that worked with the Foxtel Go addon wich is ExpressVPN isnt working anymore (ExpressVPN says its because of the latest update) and my backup NordVPN lags quite alot with only Foxtel Go through Kodi but never lags directly on the phone..... im looking for a way to be able to plug my phone directly into the tv through HDMI to watch without HDCP blocking it

12 hours ago, nugget55365 said:

Im not even sure if im replying correctly here but anyway here goes....

Im not looking to fix Kodi.. overall its fine but the only VPN that worked with the Foxtel Go addon wich is ExpressVPN isnt working anymore (ExpressVPN says its because of the latest update) and my backup NordVPN lags quite alot with only Foxtel Go through Kodi but never lags directly on the phone..... im looking for a way to be able to plug my phone directly into the tv through HDMI to watch without HDCP blocking it

PM sent.

• 4 months later...
On 7/1/2023 at 1:25 PM, s1501 said:

Hi @KhunHeineken I have the same problem with nowtv italy (sky), could you pm me the fix, I think it's worth a shot.

Thank you.

The work around is no longer working with some of these streaming apps.  The apps now come up with an error message that the Android device is "jail broken or rooted."  I couldn't get it working. 

I have yet to try the Magisk app to get around this.  I have read some have used it with success, whilst others have had no success with it.  

Have other members come across this error?