Thai teacher who confiscated teen girls' underwear as punishment apologizes to parents

webfact

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai teacher who confiscated teen girls' underwear as punishment apologizes to parents

Did he/she/it apologise to the young lady?

Sorry, I've not read the whole thread to see if they did.

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Did he/she/it apologise to the young lady?

Sorry, I've not read the whole thread to see if they did.

Sorry is no cure

Try reading the OP at least

Then you would be aware that it is young Ladies at least

There is enough on here already assuming the teacher is male

A teacher who makes such an aberrant decision does not deserve to keep their job. This kind of ignorance and social ineptitude is not fixable. Apologize vehemently, but do not come back to work.

I'm doubtful the teacher is a he. The reporter English writing accuracy is a bit off.

The underwear mentioned does not appear to be panties but bra.

So if the teacher is a she, would be offended that the students are not properly covered up.

The thinking is since they are already exposing themselves let's do it all the way.

Take off their bra to make them humiliated.

Stay here long enough you realise their thinking is simplistic.

Western thoughts and norm do not figure in the Thai psyche

19 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Was he planing to sell the used panties on e-bay to Japanese customers ? Such panties, with the stink and all used to be openly sold and very popular in Japan.

This is why the Japanese love sushi. Soiled women`s underwear and sushi smell exactly the same.

"The teacher apologized for the excessive punishment and the parents accepted the apology and the fact that the school director would carry out a full investigation."

Oh, that's all right then - I suppose a "wai" as well might be expecting too much!

Sounds decidedly kinky to me!

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

I'm absolutely not suggesting it was OK,  perhaps you should read what I was commenting on.

Actually I am outraged, I have a 13 soon 14 yo Thai granddaughter and I pray she never gets touched, harasssed etc. Her father, my Thai son, also teaches, because of the comments he hears in teachers' rooms he watches his daughters like a hawk. 

Don't worry, she will get the lanyard one way or another

You should just hope it's from a student rather than the teacher...... ?

11 hours ago, Darcula said:

The military was there for the debriefing, I guess.

They only arrived with a grroup of watchdogs so no need for a sniffer dog this time as the teacher may already have done just that…:coffee1:

2 hours ago, smtsetup said:

Now I understand why general elections have been - and will be - postponed so often since the military government seized power. They are so busy doing their core business, which in Thailand instead of military national defence seems to consist of 

- making small-time street food vendors apologize publicly for breaking the rules 

- banning smoking cigarettes on beaches 

- overseeing and conducting teenage schoolgirl underwear drama

Love it. You are all in denial this country is upside down. And just like as has been said accept or ferufe. Of you refuse then you just a no point sitting at computer typing your emotion

Motion is key.... Burkowski. 

Land of Smiling Sad people.

One could not make this one up, even with a very perverted and mentally sick mind.

Ban from teaching or getting near children, Sexual Harassment charges, Negligence and Failing to protect underage students. Whatever, but waiwai and I am so sorry but got great pleasure excuses, really unacceptable.

There is no excuse or reason for this.

The teacher ordered the 3 girls to remove their underwear as punishment, I can see where this is going, get away with this, if he/she hasn't already and the next step is, your staying back after school.

This pr$ck should have been charged with indecent assault, and the school dismissing him/her immediately, the government office removing his/her ability to teach again.

I have told my Mrs, if a teacher goes as far as just cutting my daughters hair, I will shave the teachers head in front of the students, no one needs this kind of bull$hit.

Teachers should not have the right to punish the children, they should be referred to the Principal, who in turn should request the parents to come in and discuss whatever the gripe is. 

The parents accepting the schools response that it will conduct a full examination, is again bull$hit, just goes to show how uneducated themselves are, like I said, police should have charged him with indecent assault, and instant dismissal from the school, what kind of message is everyone sending out here to other teachers !!!

2 hours ago, Paulinho said:

Love it. You are all in denial this country is upside down. And just like as has been said accept or ferufe. Of you refuse then you just a no point sitting at computer typing your emotion

Motion is key.... Burkowski. 

Sorry but???

Wow...it's obvious from the responses here that not many are teachers, have tried teaching or have much sympathy for teachers.

Sure, the punishment was stupid and incredibly insensitive (making them take off their bras). The teacher should have just reminded the students to wear vests the next day, or (if punishment was required) sent them back home to get dressed properly, and then return to school.

On the other hand, if it was a regular thing, or the girls were doing it deliberately, maybe they should have been sent home for the day.

Not wearing their vests in a Thai school would be equivalent to a girl not wearing a bra in a western school. I think it likely that the girl would be sent home in a western school (with the punishment being doled out by a female teacher - a male teacher could not even say anything in a western school without being sacked and strung up by his thumbs (or worse).

42 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Wow...it's obvious from the responses here that not many are teachers, have tried teaching or have much sympathy for teachers.

Sure, the punishment was stupid and incredibly insensitive (making them take off their bras). The teacher should have just reminded the students to wear vests the next day, or (if punishment was required) sent them back home to get dressed properly, and then return to school.

On the other hand, if it was a regular thing, or the girls were doing it deliberately, maybe they should have been sent home for the day.

Not wearing their vests in a Thai school would be equivalent to a girl not wearing a bra in a western school. I think it likely that the girl would be sent home in a western school (with the punishment being doled out by a female teacher - a male teacher could not even say anything in a western school without being sacked and strung up by his thumbs (or worse).

And making them take off their under wear means exactly what? You shouldn’t be teaching anywhere full stop.smacks of paedo if you really think of it. You THINK a lot about what may or may not happen in western schools. But I guarantee you as a teacher underwear, even touching kids on the shoulder in the UK now is a big NO NO under pain of abuse. It’s a minefield. No teacher in the WORLd has a reason for being that intimate. Well no real QUALIFIED teacher who has worked in Australia, US or UK would anyway.

15 hours ago, mok199 said:

another reason to ''go commando''

The teacher's gender is specifically not mentioned in the article.

The teacher could be any of the MGBGTQ lot, or a traditional male or female.

A silly punishment, but how do you punish pupils for not obeying the rules these days?

Confiscate their mobile phone for 2 days? Child abuse!

The underwear was returned not sold on eBay to the Japanese.

A really none-story stirred up by social media.

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

The parents accepted the apology... WHAT !!

What kind of parents are they.

Had 1 of them been my daughter i would have given the teacher a damn good hiding.

You apparently don't know how the Thai school system works.

The Thai schools and their teachers are one notch above God or Bhudda in this case.

You critize them, interfere or make them uncomfortable in any other way your son or daughter will get very bad grades or be expulsed and that is the end of it.

No other school or University will accept them after this plus it will be nearly impossible to find work as most employers ask to see the school grades.

I had 3 kids who all went to Thai schools.

3 minutes ago, bandito said:

You apparently don't know how the Thai school system works.

The Thai schools and their teachers are one notch above God or Bhudda in this case.

You critize them, interfere or make them uncomfortable in any other way your son or daughter will get very bad grades or be expulsed and that is the end of it.

No other school or University will accept them after this plus it will be nearly impossible to find work as most employers ask to see the school grades.

I had 3 kids who all went to Thai schools.

You appear to be a person who just loves to criticize my posts, you nothing better to do?

As i am married to a school director, have taught in a Thai school, i think i know a little about schools here.

When you are better informed comment.

The reactions here are interesting, and not surprising. The fact that the gender of the teacher is unknown really adds to the confusion. Any instance of a male teacher requesting the underwear of girl students is of course shocking and disturbing. In fact I really doubt it was a male teacher for that reason. This seems to me to be the work of a cruel female teacher. The girls, showed up without the undershirts, we don't know if they conspired to do it, or it was a coincidence that three girls showed up without their undershirts. Seems unlikely to have three doing it unless they decided to do it. But we don't know.

Anyhow I can totally imagine a female teacher deciding to teach them a lesson for uniform violation, and that is to take it a step further. You girls want to show off, OK hand over your bras and lets see how you like it.

One thing I know for sure is that the only things my kids get in trouble for in school is, uniform violations, long hair, bad hand writing, and goofing off in parade practice. All of the basic robot training. The teachers seem to have no other priorities other than the kids all look and act exactly the same and don't ask any questions.

7 hours ago, Grauwulf said:

Wow safeguarding in this premier nation is exceptional!! And yes before anyone quotes that is English Proffessional teaching sarcasm!

English Proffessional teaching sarcasm you say well there is hope still for me then

Archived