Phuket bus driver dies while repairing faulty brakes

webfact

Phuket bus driver dies while repairing faulty brakes

Eakkapop Thongtub

1527736885_1-org.jpg

Officials and rescue workers attend the scene of the accident. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A bus driver died yesterday afternoon when his head was crushed under his vehicle as he carried out repairs on faulty brakes.

At 4:30pm yesterday (May 30), Lt Anuwat Khunkitti of the Phuket City Police and Kusoldarm rescue workers arrived at the scene, at a bus parking area located behind the Shell gasoline station on Thepkasattri Rd in Sapam, Koh Kaew sub-district, to find the body of Natthakit Bamrungrai, 25, form Kamphaengphet province with his head trapped between the rear-left wheel arch and tyre of the bus.

Rescue workers removed the body which was then transferred Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town.

Full story:  https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-bus-driver-dies-while-repairing-faulty-brakes-67306.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-05-31

Sounds like a good old bit of Thai health and safety as usual.darwins theory being proven right once again.in this case there seems to be a very thin line between accident and suicide.i think sticking you head between the wheel and the body was about as smart as sticking your head in a crocs mouth.

Gruesome but little surprise.

Dodgy lifting jack, bricks or wood to support.

Not the first such case.

And as side-note you learn that bus drivers (with no proper education as driver or mechanic) diagnose and fix break problems.

Sheds more light on the daily "break failures".

4 hours ago, kannot said:

If  they dont care about their own life  just remember when you are  out driving they certainly wont care about yours.

See that every day. Care less, care not at all.

Yesterday at a traffic light crossing: pick-up turning right but cutting the 90 degree corner, colliding with a motorbike waiting for the green light. Are they blind ?  Stupid, too many of them.

6 hours ago, Get Real said:

Another stupid accident that could have been avoided, I am sure.

An accident? Sorry but this was more like unintentional suicide.the same thinking as in the uk where a RTA,road traffic accident has now been changed to motor vehicle collision.people who put themselves in the position of injury or death do not count as an accident when it goes wrong.an example...I stuck my arm in the sharks mouth and it bit my arm off...or I stuck my head under a bus and it got flattened,these are not accidents.these two examples were foreseeable where an accident is unforeseeable.

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

And was he in any way licensed or certified or qualified to repair brakes on such a vehicle?  It is a rhetorical question I know

No not really as I think your thread very relevant to the story, you just have to ask the families of all those killed by so called "BRAKE FAILURES" which were "repaired" by so called mechanics.  These types of repairs should only be carried out by licenced repair shops not backyard monkeys

How was he supposed to fix the brakes,by going between the

wheel arch and the wheels, (2 tyres) he would not be able to

see anything that way,he should have been underneath the

bus.

regards Worgeordie

Archived