Zidane steps down as Real Madrid coach

snoop1130

Zidane steps down as Real Madrid coach

Reuters Staff

kjljk.JPG

Soccer Football - Champions League Final - Real Madrid v Liverpool - NSC Olympic Stadium, Kiev, Ukraine - May 26, 2018 Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane before the match REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach

MADRID (Reuters) - Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane is leaving the European champions after two years in charge, he told a news conference on Thursday.

Zidane claimed an unprecedented third consecutive Champions League title when Real beat Liverpool 3-1 on Saturday, capping a remarkable period in his first job in senior club management. 

The Frenchman took over a divided dressing room after the sacking of Rafael Benitez in January, 2016 and immediately set about uniting the squad.

He claimed the first of his hat-trick of European triumphs two years ago when Real defeated local rivals Atletico Madrid on penalties in the final. A year later he led Real to their first European Cup and La Liga double in 59 years. 

Real finished three points ahead of Barcelona as they won their first league title since 2012 before crushing Juventus 4-1 in the Champions League final to become the first side to win the competition in its current format in back-to-back seasons.

Zidane won nine major honours as Real coach and the 45-year-old’s crowning glory came last Saturday as he joined an elite group of managers including Bob Paisley and Carlo Ancelotti by lifting the European Cup for the third time as coach.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-5-31

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The  problem i see at RM is that their players are not united,

they have a dressing room full of egos that are split in to cliques.

That's why a player of Bale's quality has been on the fringes of the

team and has indicated his frustration with his latest comments.

Who ever comes in to manage next, has got a lot of work to do. 

Why not Zidane, Ronaldo and Bale go to United?

Never mind the expense!

We could sell Lukaku for a reasonal price...He is a great player, but has massively under performed at UTD and is clearly not happy.

He was after all Mourhino's Boy so let them go together and get United back on TOP where we belong!.....:smile:

34 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Why not Zidane, Ronaldo and Bale go to United?

Never mind the expense!

We could sell Lukaku for a reasonal price...He is a great player, but has massively under performed at UTD and is clearly not happy.

He was after all Mourhino's Boy so let them go together and get United back on TOP where we belong!.....:smile:

Your fine where you are. You sinking ship you 

15 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Off to PSG I suspect.

They have appointed Tuschel as manager. Juventus could be his next job or France national team, though I reckon Wenger is next in line for that one.

6 hours ago, balo said:

I hope not Poch , I think they will go for the Juve boss.  

Poch would be crazy if he took that now poison chalice. They have won 3 CL’ s on the trott and tbf in my opinion were not the best side in the latest tournament and rode their luck at times. 

Real are are on their last legs like Barcelona in dominating the CL. Zidane has left at the right time and Poch would never beat Zidane and his managerial record at Real.   But there is the money I suppose....

24 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Poch would be crazy if he took that now poison chalice. They have won 3 CL’ s on the trott and tbf in my opinion were not the best side in the latest tournament and rode their luck at times. 

Real are are on their last legs like Barcelona in dominating the CL. Zidane has left at the right time and Poch would never beat Zidane and his managerial record at Real.   But there is the money I suppose....

...and the fact that Pochettino is Latin and Real Madrid is the pinnacle of football in the Latin world. I'd hate to see Pochy leave Spurs, but he will be sorely tempted and might take the plunge.

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

I'd hate to see Pochy leave Spurs, but he will be sorely tempted and might take the plunge.

I hope he stays as well. Otherwise all we'll hear from the Spurs lot for years was how rubbish he was and how they were glad to see the back of him. 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I hope he stays as well. Otherwise all we'll hear from the Spurs lot for years was how rubbish he was and how they were glad to see the back of him. 

What utter tripe.

Bale and Modders in by July. ?

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Bet you've never even tasted tripe. Haggis and pickled eel salad for you I reckon

I don't do offal as a rule...black pudding and haggis for breakfast though.

Jellied eels is strictly for the spam lot or the Woolwich pie n mash muppets.

Have you seen the catering arrangements for the new stadium?

Happy to provide links ya know! 

7 hours ago, jellydog said:

...and the fact that Pochettino is Latin and Real Madrid is the pinnacle of football in the Latin world. I'd hate to see Pochy leave Spurs, but he will be sorely tempted and might take the plunge.

You'd love it you bastid.

55 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You'd love it you bastid.

Nah Ronnie. I like Pochy and I loathe Real Madrid. I'd hate to see him there.

If Pochy plays it smart he'll pass on the job for a year or two and wait for the sacrificial lamb who succeeds ZZ to falter.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

If Pochy plays it smart he'll pass on the job for a year or two and wait for the sacrificial lamb who succeeds ZZ to falter.

Yes I had shades of Moyes run through my mind too.

51 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Tottenham is his job....its one which has potential and up against a wall of money if he can find some success then he will have proven himself.

Same is true of Klopp....the two best young managers in the Premiership at the moment for sure.

On 6/1/2018 at 4:15 AM, sotsira said:

The  problem i see at RM is that their players are not united,

they have a dressing room full of egos that are split in to cliques.

That's why a player of Bale's quality has been on the fringes of the

team and has indicated his frustration with his latest comments.

Who ever comes in to manage next, has got a lot of work to do. 

Haha!  A team that's not united has just won three CLs on the trot. Every club in the world would love to have that problem.

Just now, roquefort said:

Haha!  A team that's not united has just won three CLs on the trot. Every club in the world would love to have that problem.

Yes a team that's not united!

Zidane didn't want to have that problem did he ?

That's why he has just resigned!

Their two best players Ronaldo & Bale want to leave.

I also think that if one of them stays then the other will leave

cos they don't like each other.

9 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Yes a team that's not united!

Zidane didn't want to have that problem did he ?

That's why he has just resigned!

Their two best players Ronaldo & Bale want to leave.

I also think that if one of them stays then the other will leave

cos they don't like each other.

Would you like Bale back Sots?

I know its a one in a million due to his wage demands and our loathing of pink shorts but?

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Would you like Bale back Sots?

I know its a one in a million due to his wage demands and our loathing of pink shorts but?

Don't forget the man bun Ronnie.?

A fit bale is prob one of the best players in world football,

off coarse i'd like him back, goes without saying.

Can't see how it would be possible though financially

speaking.

Unless his love for Spurs is such that he'll be willing to take

a dramatic wage cut, which i doubt very much.

Then there's also his transfer value which would be somewhere

in the £70m mark.

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Same is true of Klopp....the two best young managers in the Premiership at the moment for sure.

You can't help it can you. Klopp is 4 years older than Pep and Poch is only a year younger but you find it impossible to give Pep credit, even for being one of the best youngest managers in the prem. It really is unbelievable.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

You can't help it can you. Klopp is 4 years older than Pep and Poch is only a year younger but you find it impossible to give Pep credit, even for being one of the best youngest managers in the prem. It really is unbelievable.

I've just spun the yid wheel of fortune.

tea wine tea wine tea wine tea wi STOP

What a surprise. ?

I wasn't aware baldy was so young but City probably pay more than Madrid can anyway. 

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So there we have it....we have three of the best young managers in the game....their teams playing a wonderful style of football at each of their respective clubs.

Then we have Mourinho. :biggrin:

Is there a paint fence emoticon in there somewhere?

Archived