Video: Isaan sausage seller urinates while cooking up his wares

webfact

Video: Isaan sausage seller urinates while cooking up his wares

7pm.jpg

video screenshot

A video caught an elderly seller of Isaan sausage urinating into a plastic bottle while grilling his wares with the other hand.

When he has finished relieving himself he casually puts the urine bottle under his cart.

The incident became something of a drama online with netizens both feeling sorry for the man and worrying about health concerns.

Channel 7 TV reported on the case and said that public health officials said this was a bad thing as viruses could be spread.

Sellers preparing food should always wash their hands after going to the toilet.

Isaan sausage or "Sai Krok Isaan" are a delicious roadside snack usually containing pork and rice that are sold throughout Thailand.

Source: Channel 7

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-01

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of a good few years back in Bangkok. A corn seller puts down her two pans to make a sale. Unseen by the seller, a dog comes up and lifts it's leg and does it's business into one of the pans then walks away.

Kind of puts you off pan carried food for life......!!

It will add a bit flavour,that's nothing ,for some of the

things that go on in the food trade,here and back home,

if you knew ,we would all be cooking at home,so best

not to think about it too much.

regards worgeordie

Spot checks on health and food prep all  vendors should do some course to understand risks with food prep and handling before any licence to sell to the public.

I eat many many times from local food carts but always look if gloves are used, washing facilities are used on utensils, and if old oil is present, and cleanness of surfaces, and wash towels, 

anything not to my satisfaction I just window shop and keep looking, many locals do very good food , and I am aways happy to spend my baht on such and take visitors to try their wares, 

this old boy been doing the same for years, now maybe a lesson for him to take on board.

Not many Thai's are into washing or even rinsing their hands on a regular basis.  I don't know if there is a mental block, or a belief for some that it's a waste of time (just a dumb farang rule).  I "gently" ask/remind my wife's son when he leaves the bathroom, to wash his hands....looks at me like I'm a martian.

4 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Not many Thai's are into washing or even rinsing their hands on a regular basis.  I don't know if there is a mental block, or a belief for some that it's a waste of time (just a dumb farang rule).  I "gently" ask/remind my wife's son when he leaves the bathroom, to wash his hands....looks at me like I'm a martian an alien.

Which of course you are, according to immigration!

If I was a sausage seller, I'd want to do it in Hat Yai...

Then I could be a Southern Sausage seller.

On a hot day I'd be a sweaty southern sausage seller.

If there were more than 1 customer at a time, I'd be a sweaty southern sausage seller, simultaneously sizzling sausages...

Just 30 mins to go and I can knock off for the day.....

14 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Amazing thing is he did it in a bottle.

Now if we can get the taxi drivers to do the same, parts of Sukhumvit Soi 4 wouldn't smell like a dirty toilet.

I knew there was a reason why I rarely eat Thai street food. The cockroaches in the restaurants are also quite enough to put me off as well.

1 hour ago, leeneeds said:

Spot checks on health and food prep all  vendors should do some course to understand risks with food prep and handling before any licence to sell to the public.

I eat many many times from local food carts but always look if gloves are used, washing facilities are used on utensils, and if old oil is present, and cleanness of surfaces, and wash towels, 

anything not to my satisfaction I just window shop and keep looking, many locals do very good food , and I am aways happy to spend my baht on such and take visitors to try their wares, 

this old boy been doing the same for years, now maybe a lesson for him to take on board.

good idea !   i was just wondering though, how do they pick their nose if wearing gloves ?

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It will add a bit flavour,that's nothing ,for some of the

things that go on in the food trade,here and back home,

if you knew ,we would all be cooking at home,so best

not to think about it too much.

regards worgeordie

Suggesting ignorance  is bliss  approach?

My greater concern with food prepared by others is what they do about washing their hands after doing a duty.   And even if the hands get washed the door handle to the toilet is always a wonderful breeding place for germs and bacteria.

Archived