Finnish man busted for pot

Rimmer

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Old school about what?

Tats are low class, but you yet you "tolerate them"?

So you tolerate low class what does that make you?

She will live to regret it.  How do you know that??

You definitely seem confused. 

Hope you figure it out....

It seems some people need diagrams to understand anything. Google "old school" perhaps that will help, while you're at it look up the meaning of "tolerate". I get why you are a bit defensive, you either have plenty of tats or your gf/bf does.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm old school, tats on a woman are just low class IMO. I could tolerate a butterfly or similar on the shoulder or ankle, but that's about it. When I see some beautiful young girl with a huge tat on her legs or back I think it looks hideous, and there is no doubt that she will live to regret it.

A butterfly? Wich indicate what i Thailand ? 

☺️

Nobody whants a butterfly, as the bar lady run after her bf in pattaya screaming you are a butterfly, and she was still working, but that is not the same. Work is work and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well I guess most of you get it

Just now, Hummin said:

A butterfly? Wich indicate what i Thailand ? 

☺️

Nobody whants a butterfly, as the bar lady run after her bf in pattaya screaming you are a butterfly, and she was still working, but that is not the same. Work is work and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well I guess most of you get it

Butterfly or similar. There isn't the same connotation to a lady with a butterfly tattoo in western countries as there might be with bar girls or the Johns that use their services.

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It seems some people need diagrams to understand anything. Google "old school" perhaps that will help, while you're at it look up the meaning of "tolerate". I get why you are a bit defensive, you either have plenty of tats or your gf/bf does.

Where I come from, it was only old sailors who had tattoos back in the days, and those who wantet to be bad boys, but normal working people did not have. Still in Thailand, you can not get work if you have tattoos you can not cover up. So I guess it is still tabu there as well, even many thais have tattoos. 

Who have tattoos today? High class? Middle class yes, but high class so called, no 

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

you may like tattoos and that's all fine with me. i personally don't and that's a fact too but it stays with me.

You can't deny the fact that cops don't like tattooed dudes . He couldn't walk 2 blocks in many of the U.S. streets without getting harassed or stopped to be searched and questioned by cops.

In other parts of the world like the middle east, he would even be beaten up for no reason by block bullies.

What he went through did not surprised me.

Well, it seems you keep misunderstanding. I neither have tattoos nor like tattoos. I have seen tattooed cops; so, I cannot see a fact. The same with your statements about the US and the Middle East. I believe he was Finnish and this is Thailand; so what possible difference could what would happen in the US or in the Middle East make in this situation?

52 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Either that or a small one. 

6 hours ago, mercman24 said:

agree with post 20 , this guy short of a few brain cells,* hey cops come on home with me, search my pad, oh by the way thanks for finding my stash, i forgot where i put it * lol

It didn't go like that. They wanted to see ID, he told them it's back at his apartment - they followed him there. Since you're obviously the hero with many brain cells, what would you have done? Refused their request to search? They would have been even more intent on searching if he refused. He was in a no-win situation. There was absolutely nothing he could have done.

The cops can make up a multitude of "excuses" to search, that would be considered perfectly legal in Thailand. Suspicion of drugs will do it.  

In addition to that, any house can be searched without a warrant if army officers are present. That's a new law courtesy of the present government. One way or another if they want to search, they will. There's nothing that can be done about it. Just try to record on video the whole search. 

1 minute ago, tropo said:

It didn't go like that. They wanted to see ID, he told them it's back at his apartment - they followed him there. Since you're obviously the hero with many brain cells, what would you have done? Refused their request to search?

Maybe think twice before you cover your face with tattoos and make yourself a target?

17 minutes ago, ericthai said:
On 6/1/2018 at 4:03 PM, JamJar said:

....and the moral of the story is.....have a copy of your passport and visa page to hand?

No,  I think the moral of the story is dont have drigs in thailand!

Both are important. Perhaps having ID would have prevented the search.

Mark Twin said:  "Steal a loaf of bread; go to jail.  Rob a bank; go to congress".......the bikers are simply bread thieves.  Advertising you are a petty criminal in a foreign country.....yep, real bright.  Way to stay off the radar.  And biker chicks?  Don't get me started.

4 hours ago, ericthai said:

No,  I think the moral of the story is dont have drigs in thailand!

I'm not so morally indignant about him having remnants of a plant in his apartment. 

Though acting like a gangster is somewhat idiotic.

agree tattoos are lo-so,

my snobby chinese-thai hi-so ex out of nowhere demanded to know if i had

any tattoo what-so-ever, and after i replied "no"

she proceeded to go down on her knees in front of me,

thus started our relationship

he might even get sympathy from the judge, as the judge could be required to sentence him for distribution...105 grams?  nice reserve, but that is implied distribution in most jurisdictions...Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia?  at least 10 years in all, if not the ultimate...At !easy they could show us some decent quality contraband for once.  Speed pills made in a bathtub?  Weed  that looks more like ground tree bark?  It's a crisis, alright.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/2/2018 at 6:03 AM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

In my home country a small condo can cost $900k USD and Baristas make $15/hour and has leading University programs and High Tech the highest grades of hybridized sinsemilla Cannabis can be purchased legally for recreational purposes in a shop that resembles a boutique in a Mall. Just saying what ever bad effect it has it is not bringing down society.

Then you have Thailand, forever clinging to old ways of thinking. I think it could grow well here and become cash /tax revenue positive and be promoted for tourists, offered for medicinal purposes and as as an alternative to alcohol what is more dangerous in every way

Absolutely. And instead of giving foreign Aid to African states just buy their herb. And it could help places like Nepal and Afghanistan.  Both places were great in the old days as was Thailand before the corrupt clamdown instigated by the corrupt Nixon and American DEA. Now the UN, UNICEF, the WHO are all on hateful bandwagon promoting prohibition and punitive and immoral punishments that actually corrode our societies and communities. Very sad.

54 minutes ago, imcagr said:

So what happened to the guy ?

Hopefully he just got a fine but over a hundred grams maybe a bit harder to explain.....

I know 2 Thai girls who was caught with 1 spliff and the police threatened 5years or 50k 

(they had just bought it from a tuk tuk driver who brought them home and police arrived  minutes later so they were setup for the fall) 

On 6/1/2018 at 3:32 PM, pattayadude said:

probably a tip off by the drug dealer working for the police

He actually shot himself in the foot when he took them back to his place of lodging, so in this case I don't think the cops were tipped off... other than by his looks and behavior.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:47 PM, poanoi said:

agree tattoos are lo-so,

my snobby chinese-thai hi-so ex out of nowhere demanded to know if i had

any tattoo what-so-ever, and after i replied "no"

she proceeded to go down on her knees in front of me,

thus started our relationship

So much for the "snobby chinese-thai hi-so"......

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2018 at 2:35 AM, tropo said:

That's a pretty ignorant comment coming from anyone these days, especially if you're living in Thailand. That is considered art by many people. 

Obviously he did get picked up for his Tattoos. What else did "acting suspiciously" mean? The picked on him for the very same reason you did.

2500 for 100grams is way too cheap unless you travel to the mountains up north or something.

So it was most likely a setup by the seller / police.

1 hour ago, hobz said:

2500 for 100grams is way too cheap unless you travel to the mountains up north or something.

So it was most likely a setup by the seller / police.

One of the Facebook groups was charging 1300 for 100 g.  Compressed is low value, even here.

Archived