Do you miss Stickman?

moontang

13 minutes ago, steverosse said:

Hi.  My name is Steve Rosse.  It has been pointed out to me that I've been mentioned here in this thread.  I would like to say a couple of things.

First, this is me, nobody else is me.  This is my first post to ThaiVisa in a million years.  I have never posted or published anything unless it was under my own name.  Jesus, half the time people are criticizing me for being an attention whore, the other half they're accusing me of seeking anonymity under an avatar.  Make up your minds, haters.

Second, I think Stick did sell his site, and then immediately regretted it and tried to backpedal.  I think he's sick to death of Thailand, hates it, but doesn't know what else to do with his time.

Third, he's not into katoeys.  They're just paying him to promote their venues.  I've got a theatre degree, I've been friends with lots of gay men and women, and a few professional drag queens, and Stick aint the type.  He aint the type at all.

Third, thanks to the couple of people here who praised my writing.  As for why I did not take over Trink's column back in the 1990's:  Because I hated the premise of the thing, and I could see even then that it was a dinosaur.  (Forty years Trink wrote that column, and it won him no friends; just wait and see how many people come to his funeral.)  Why I'm not Thailand's premier "YouTuber" today:  Because I'm an only child of a single parent and five years ago my Mom got sick.  While she still lives (and now she's much better) I don't feel comfortable leaving the US.  I've visited Thailand three times since 1997, and honestly, it is not nearly as much fun as it was back in the day.  But I suppose that when I can finally retire and go live someplace of my own choosing, it will be Thailand.  Just because I've invested all this time in learning about the place.

And finally, no, I don't have a "drug problem."  I smoke weed every day and have since I was fifteen years old.  I have no problem with that, and where I live now it's perfectly legal.  After spending most of my life smoking two packs a day I now only smoke tobacco on the weekends.  I never touch alcohol, or any other drugs, so no, I don't have a "drug problem." 

I'm not that romantic or interesting.

Peace,

Steve 

well, I would like to say nice post...but errr

yes I miss stickman, it was a local online tabloid . defo not PC, entertainment in not the lowest form but in this area where I / we live, can relate to. stories were , well stories, although some of us could relate to in the real world.

#how on earth has this thread come back to life ? is that you there stickman ?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, steverosse said:

Hi.  My name is Steve Rosse.  It has been pointed out to me that I've been mentioned here in this thread.  I would like to say a couple of things.

First, this is me, nobody else is me.  This is my first post to ThaiVisa in a million years.  I have never posted or published anything unless it was under my own name.  Jesus, half the time people are criticizing me for being an attention whore, the other half they're accusing me of seeking anonymity under an avatar.  Make up your minds, haters.

Second, I think Stick did sell his site, and then immediately regretted it and tried to backpedal.  I think he's sick to death of Thailand, hates it, but doesn't know what else to do with his time.

Third, he's not into katoeys.  They're just paying him to promote their venues.  I've got a theatre degree, I've been friends with lots of gay men and women, and a few professional drag queens, and Stick aint the type.  He aint the type at all.

Third, thanks to the couple of people here who praised my writing.  As for why I did not take over Trink's column back in the 1990's:  Because I hated the premise of the thing, and I could see even then that it was a dinosaur.  (Forty years Trink wrote that column, and it won him no friends; just wait and see how many people come to his funeral.)  Why I'm not Thailand's premier "YouTuber" today:  Because I'm an only child of a single parent and five years ago my Mom got sick.  While she still lives (and now she's much better) I don't feel comfortable leaving the US.  I've visited Thailand three times since 1997, and honestly, it is not nearly as much fun as it was back in the day.  But I suppose that when I can finally retire and go live someplace of my own choosing, it will be Thailand.  Just because I've invested all this time in learning about the place.

And finally, no, I don't have a "drug problem."  I smoke weed every day and have since I was fifteen years old.  I have no problem with that, and where I live now it's perfectly legal.  After spending most of my life smoking two packs a day I now only smoke tobacco on the weekends.  I never touch alcohol, or any other drugs, so no, I don't have a "drug problem." 

I'm not that romantic or interesting.

Peace,

Steve 

The point is Steve. What you read are just opinions - as yours is also. As for Stick - nah baloney. All the cloak and dagger mystery about an eleventh hour mystery buyer. I don't think he sold his site - a failing sit at that. Was anyone mad enough to buy it ?? NO. With YouTube vloggers, it was largely redundant and he knew it. He just wanted a respite to ponce around with his mates in NZ - which he talks about ad nauseum. As if anyone is interested. He just didn't have the guts to close it down (just in case) he could revive it. As for him being gay (or not). He seems to have a lot invested in that lifestyle - judging by the large amount of references to them (ladyboys). You didn't read what he wrote at the end of a contributor (4 or 6 June 2018). Almost condoning that lifestyle and weird if you don't partake. He may have culled one of those posts) .I really don't care if he likes to putt in the rough covertly. Enough said and I will not respond - as I'm not into circular arguments.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:15 AM, steverosse said:

You have this wrong - way wrong. Most guys that are into transsexuals (or ladyboys, or shemales, or katoeys, or the "3rd gender") appear absolutely and completely straight. They are not gay, nor do they come across as gay, nor would they identify as gay.... so yes, it's quite possible Stickman is into ladyboys. Most are also interested in females and ladyboys are merely a side-line or fetish that is often indulged in secret.

To be honest, I always thought he was very interested in ladyboys and was surprised when people said he wasn't. He's going to miss them in New Zealand as pretty ladyboys (of the caliber he's used to in Thailand) are few and far between in the land of the long white cloud.

8 hours ago, tropo said:

You have this wrong - way wrong. Most guys that are into transsexuals (or ladyboys, or shemales, or katoeys, or the "3rd gender") appear absolutely and completely straight. They are not gay, nor do they come across as gay, nor would they identify as gay.... so yes, it's quite possible Stickman is into ladyboys. Most are also interested in females and ladyboys are merely a side-line or fetish that is often indulged in secret.

To be honest, I always thought he was very interested in ladyboys and was surprised when people said he wasn't. He's going to miss them in New Zealand as pretty ladyboys (of the caliber he's used to in Thailand) are few and far between in the land of the long white cloud.

Hahahah - you are correct. A lot of his mates have said "no way - there is no way he could have kept this a secret" Well there are many men that are gay, married to a woman for years and have kept it a secret from the wifey. It is quite possible he is into ladyboy sex. And all this <deleted> about not drinking and hasn't been with working ladies for years (if ever). That explains it all. He prefers to putt in the rough (poor imitation I think).

14 hours ago, moontang said:

Lately, Stick has revealed he doesn't drink, and he doesn't like gogo bars..so his heart just isn't in it.  He is still a good writer, but the value of his columns has been on a ski slope.  No one has outdone Trink.

.... his heart isn't it it ???? Yes, don't know why he revived the weekly column. I believe a lot of of the content  is sensationalised and even made up with useless fodder. Most of it I don't believe as he like to force feed readers and put his skewed slant on things. Like pictures of NZ. Doesn't like gogo's & doesn't drink - weird indeed. BUT he likes throw in shots of men disguised as women. At least in NZ same sex marriage is legal and there is a smorgasbord of LGBT.

Archived