Do you miss Stickman?

moontang

12 minutes ago, Melbun said:

Everyone starts somewhere. Is this an open forum ??

I posted under anonymous a couple of times on Stickman but found it and him a waste of time. Just warning others what shit he comes out with. I prefer to see Thailand for myself instead of people like you reading instead of doing.

Hey well let me know when you start contributing something then based on all your "doings" mate.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/1/2018 at 6:29 PM, ChidlomDweller said:

I wrote to him at the time if it was a money issue, he should consider charging.  Maybe have 5-10 free articles a year and for the fans, even if it's just 5-10 dollars a year, it would have been a nice earner for him.  IIRC, at one point he had 300,000 site visits a month, and in spite of the snark he gets here from some, a loyal following.  It would have also freed him up to cover more general content.  The bar section of his column I just passed over -- booooring.  I did enjoy many of his opening pieces, as well as his selection of weekly letters.   

In any case, he answered at the time that his decision to discontinue the site was not about money.  

If it not about money, why he have the site for sale then, i think more than 2 years at some ridiculous price?

Instead of making it a realistic price in the first place,

he then settled for some deal that he then had to quit his part a few months later because the $ wasnt worth the time he must to put into it? 

If creative he could have done many thing like:

- reasearch how to monetise better.

- pay someone to help monetise. 

- pay for help to update because he was unmotivated and lazy to do himself.

-Even if have a "save Stick" drive, ask every fan maybe donate a one-off $5

i for one would have donate a lazy $20 to keep him going.

he could have picked up xx? thousand operating money in no time.

but i think he wanted to do very little and just flog a very tired old format for as much as he could get

remind me a bit like Thai style greed actually!

6 hours ago, Melbun said:

I don't have any intention of revealing what I am doing. I am calling someone on their bullshit (that runs a site) that supposedly is credible. He is not.  Why are you upset. Do you believe in sugar and spice and all things nice.

Topic on f**king boring Stickman is now closed.

Upset? Au contraire, you are the one that seems a bit irritated at a guy who everyone knows has lived in Thailand and provided valuable information to some folks. Why does that bother you?

On 6/1/2018 at 12:44 PM, poanoi said:

i never bothered with stickman,

but there was a talented writer who started a site called "mangosauce",

frickin awesome

Stick went off the boil decades ago. The best site was The Big Mango linked to a bar of the same name. Sadly no more but exists as Mango Unchained.

On 9/24/2018 at 8:45 PM, samsensam said:

used to read occasionally until he started condoning and promoting the sex industry full time. i'm sure there's an audience for this lowest common denominator content but not being a sex-pat or sex tourist or remotely interested in the bar scene there's nothing there for me.

it is a pity because there is so much more to thailand than the sex industry and the sad folks partaking.

Yes there is plenty more to Thailand..and it is covered in regular guide books. Adult night life is not sufficiently covered.  Stickman originally filled the vacum left by Bernard Trink 'The Nite Owl' in The Bangkok World , a column that specifically dealt with night life and girls.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/features/night-prowl-legendary-lechery-bernard-nite-owl-trink/

A number of bickering posts removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

21 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I think it is more a comment about size difference between boy stick and man stick.

Blimey - I'm over this thread. As far a I'm concerned, choose your own Stick but don't involve mwa. Bye now. Bye CharlieH. I'm a reformed bad boy :)))

• 4 months later...

Missing stickman ?? Geez - Bloody joking - He's trying desperately to make a comeback. So much for the bullshit about selling his site. Now folks - why would anyone want to buy a useless site like his anyway. He also has been publishing a lot of ladyboy, gay shit for quite a while. Is anyone thinking what I am thinking about him ?? You betya. Tip don't believe ANYTHING he writes. All crap. Been around sheep too long.

If you miss the site, it's back in general operation again with his weekly column

and continued publishing of the readers submissions. The site was sold but he returned as a paid contributor to the daily/weekly operations of the site.

If you've been to the site you can pretty much decipher what you may have read here that is BS

otherwise known as verbal feces.

Don't understand the logic of hating Ladyboys when that means the guys who come to see Ladyboys  are not competing with me by bar-fining the bargirls that I come to see .  At my age that raises my odds in a good way.

He  wrote a few recent columns containing the insights and perspectives gained from his new partner aka "The Missus"  about what a lot of Thai women are doing while we sleep at the wheel and how they even have a private facebook page that rats out guys who are cheating..........Stickmans' site is not for everybody and maybe a little conservative since he does not promote a  live fast die hard " F"  em all agenda............It's not Pulitzer, but a decent read and it keeps me in touch with the town when I'm out of town.   

Bangkok nightlife has never been good... Not even really in the early 90s when I first started going there. If you think Bangkok nightlife is good and the girls are hot, you need to get out more... I mean OUT OF Thailand... There are many other countries with much lower costs of living and a less oppressive climate with less pollution where there are much more beautiful girls (not plain-Jane Thais without any discernible chest and buttocks) which aren't covered in tattoos and have a much better attitude than Thais, not simply after your money. These countries are not in southeast Asia. Figure out for yourself where I mean. If you want girls without buttocks/breasts who will rip you off for your last cent, stay in Thailand. If not, look elsewhere for curvaceous girls with a good attitude.

19 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Bangkok nightlife has never been good... Not even really in the early 90s when I first started going there. If you think Bangkok nightlife is good and the girls are hot, you need to get out more... I mean OUT OF Thailand... There are many other countries with much lower costs of living and a less oppressive climate with less pollution where there are much more beautiful girls (not plain-Jane Thais without any discernible chest and buttocks) which aren't covered in tattoos and have a much better attitude than Thais, not simply after your money. These countries are not in southeast Asia. Figure out for yourself where I mean. If you want girls without buttocks/breasts who will rip you off for your last cent, stay in Thailand. If not, look elsewhere for curvaceous girls with a good attitude.

I think you miss the point of Thailand.  It's grocery stores.  Thailand has the best grocery stores in the world.  Name me one other country where one needs to take a dozen condoms when you go grocery shopping? 

Dummies are dummies anywhere.  If you get ripped off in Thailand you will get ripped off anywhere. 

I don't have any phobias and don't need large women to make up for any childhood problems so Thai women are just the right size for me.  An added plus is Thai women bath 3 times as frequently as most other nationalities.  I realize Napoleon did not like women who bath but I do.  

I don't think the current Stick is the same one as I read 10 years ago.  Says he is but sounds different to me.   

39 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Figure it out for nothing because your post is false.

Tell us where it is so much better? Until then your post just typical blah blah meaningless bad mouthing.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Figure it out for nothing because your post is false.

Tell us where it is so much better? Until then your post just typical blah blah meaningless bad mouthing.

Been hearing more and more talk of Mexico, and it works for many on paper..but geez..cops are scary as <deleted>, and you are way more likely to be a victim of a violent crime.  Columbia?  OK, but not great.  You would think there would be some good reports from Vietnam, but there are few.

56 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Bangkok nightlife has never been good... Not even really in the early 90s when I first started going there.

Truth be told, Bkk nightlife is terrific.

And actually now even better than in the 90s. That's when I too first started visiting here about 3 times a year for years on end, before deciding in 2004 that dragging myself to the airport after a last night of debauchery for the sole purpose of being flown half-conscious 20 hrs. and 10,000 miles to a soulless US was getting pointless.

Now that I've lived here 15 years I can say that I know places for fun and games that I had no idea existed when I would blow in and out of town as a tourist.

There's much much more libidinous entertainment to be partaken of outside the tiny tourist pockets of Bkk (which Stickman seems to resolutely not acknowledge relaying week after week news from the few tired square meters of Nana and Cowboy). The reason is simple. Tourists like to have fun, true, but Thais like their sanook even more. You do need to speak the language bit though.

And the internet has helped connect players from all walks of life. In the mood for tatted tail? Click click. Not really? A lovely young gik whose sponsor is tied up a few days in family circumstances you say? Here you go.

Jaded? Change of scenery? No need to travel, sir. Colombian, Russian, African, Vietnamese, Chinese, ... what might your pleasure be?

31 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

Truth be told, Bkk nightlife is terrific.

And actually now even better than in the 90s. That's when I too first started visiting here about 3 times a year for years on end, before deciding in 2004 that dragging myself to the airport after a last night of debauchery for the sole purpose of being flown half-conscious 20 hrs. and 10,000 miles to a soulless US was getting pointless.

Now that I've lived here 15 years I can say that I know places for fun and games that I had no idea existed when I would blow in and out of town as a tourist.

There's much much more libidinous entertainment to be partaken of outside the tiny tourist pockets of Bkk (which Stickman seems to resolutely not acknowledge relaying week after week news from the few tired square meters of Nana and Cowboy). The reason is simple. Tourists like to have fun, true, but Thais like their sanook even more. You do need to speak the language bit though.

And the internet has helped connect players from all walks of life. In the mood for tatted tail? Click click. Not really? A lovely young gik whose sponsor is tied up a few days in family circumstances you say? Here you go.

Jaded? Change of scenery? No need to travel, sir. Colombian, Russian, African, Vietnamese, Chinese, ... what might your pleasure be?

It would be great if he covered the outer parts of BKK, as there are some hard to find gold mines, but I don't think he can get the sponsors, so it is all about the same three places...and for now a lot of the fun seems to be gone, it could possibly get better, but Chinese and moreso Indian tourism are just getting started.  

34 minutes ago, moontang said:

OK, but not great.  You would think there would be some good reports from Vietnam, but there are few.

I've visited both HCM and Hanoi. Available but mostly underground and in shady bars and massage parlors. Never quite felt safe and the service can be flaky. Freelancers work the discos but then again, especially if you are a tourist, you don't know who you are bringing home.

But the VN women can be gorgeous - bigger bodied/busted and lighter-skinned than the typical Thai.

But, hey, no need to travel. Mixx always has a couple of VN freelancers and Club XS is full of them.

i've never really cared much for stick's opening piece (as he refers to it).  but in the past, i did find some interesting info in the gossip/addtl info section following the opening piece.  since he has started the column again, the gossip/addtl info section is a shell of it's former self.  i assume a reflection of the fact that he no longer lives in bangkok.  many of the things he talks about have been discussed the previous week in certain online newspapers or the TV forum.

i had a good laugh as he was trying to determine the door policy at crazy house, he attempted to sort it out in a couple of the recent columns.  but the bottom line is there is no set policy.  it can change from day to day, hour to hour.  whether you are a local or not.  especially during the high season.

1 minute ago, moontang said:

and for now a lot of the fun seems to be gone, it could possibly get better, but Chinese and moreso Indian tourism are just getting started.  

Yep, I wonder when most long-term expats last set foot in Nana/Cowboy/Patpong. Stick's new audience will be Chinese/Indian newcomers.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:23 AM, Seth1a2a said:

If you miss the site, it's back in general operation again with his weekly column

and continued publishing of the readers submissions. The site was sold but he returned as a paid contributor to the daily/weekly operations of the site.

If you've been to the site you can pretty much decipher what you may have read here that is BS

otherwise known as verbal feces.

Don't understand the logic of hating Ladyboys when that means the guys who come to see Ladyboys  are not competing with me by bar-fining the bargirls that I come to see .  At my age that raises my odds in a good way.

He  wrote a few recent columns containing the insights and perspectives gained from his new partner aka "The Missus"  about what a lot of Thai women are doing while we sleep at the wheel and how they even have a private facebook page that rats out guys who are cheating..........Stickmans' site is not for everybody and maybe a little conservative since he does not promote a  live fast die hard " F"  em all agenda............It's not Pulitzer, but a decent read and it keeps me in touch with the town when I'm out of town.   

Seth _ how can buggers going with ladyboys enhance your ability to bonk real girls? doesn't make sense. Since there buggers (true sense of the word) only want lady boys' <deleted>. And who said anything of hating ladyboys. They can take a hike for all I care. I don't have sex with men (ladyboys). Third gender - crap - they are men dressed up as women. I don't believe Stickman sold his site. Who the hell would want it and then waste money employing him. Sound like utter bullshit. As for his "missus" - Judging by his fondness for ladyboys .... well .... are you thinking what I'm thinking ?? Reader submissions are ok but his weekly is full of baloney and not worth reading. YouTube much better to get the real story.

9 minutes ago, Melbun said:

Seth _ how can buggers going with ladyboys enhance your ability to bonk real girls? doesn't make sense. Since there buggers (true sense of the word) only want lady boys' <deleted>. And who said anything of hating ladyboys. They can take a hike for all I care. I don't have sex with men (ladyboys). Third gender - crap - they are men dressed up as women. I don't believe Stickman sold his site. Who the hell would want it and then waste money employing him. Sound like utter bullshit. As for his "missus" - Judging by his fondness for ladyboys .... well .... are you thinking what I'm thinking ?? Reader submissions are ok but his weekly is full of baloney and not worth reading. YouTube much better to get the real story.

Stick never liked ladyboys and made a point of dissing men who did.  Then he began to get some advertising from that quarter and all the guys who were macho dudes came out of the closet.  Whenever I hear a guy go on an on about never doing a man dressed in a women I just wink at my friends who all know like me that that's the first sign of attraction. 

I didn't know Stick was married.  I thought his lady dumped him a few years ago.  Now he is coming across as very Anti Thai and that really seems counter productive. 

If I was a betting man I'd say he sold the site and rights to his name and column. 

I couldn't care less about the 'goings on' of Pattaya. I didn't mind some of his articles but didn't care about that stuff. I would have prefered stuff on BKK life or nightlife that's isn't of the hooker variety and maybe from a slightly more 'common man' perspective than mags like 'Time Out'.

I never believed that he sold it, I don't know if that got confirmed or not but it seemed like something to tell advertisers as you already had their money and made them think they were getting their money's worth whilst the site ran down

6 minutes ago, Razzler1973 said:

I couldn't care less about the 'goings on' of Pattaya. I didn't mind some of his articles but didn't care about that stuff. I would have prefered stuff on BKK life or nightlife that's isn't of the hooker variety and maybe from a slightly more 'common man' perspective than mags like 'Time Out'.

I never believed that he sold it, I don't know if that got confirmed or not but it seemed like something to tell advertisers as you already had their money and made them think they were getting their money's worth whilst the site ran down

Why would you read Stickmanbangkok if you didn't want to know about hookers in Bangkok?  That's what his site has always been about. 

Cause he would sometimes write general opinion stuff about BKK or Thailand that were quite interesting, I'd not bother reading the hooker stuff down the years and it always seemed to be more focused on Pattaya than BKK, to me.

I think someone like that covering BKK nightlife from a non-hooker perspective would be cool but almost certainly unlikely

9 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Stick never liked ladyboys and made a point of dissing men who did.  Then he began to get some advertising from that quarter and all the guys who were macho dudes came out of the closet.  Whenever I hear a guy go on an on about never doing a man dressed in a women I just wink at my friends who all know like me that that's the first sign of attraction. 

I didn't know Stick was married.  I thought his lady dumped him a few years ago.  Now he is coming across as very Anti Thai and that really seems counter productive. 

If I was a betting man I'd say he sold the site and rights to his name and column. 

Mascularus.

Why is it that when a man dislikes something you think opposite? Quite emphatically I don't like ladyboys, and if you do ladyboys you are homosexual - you're doing a man. Right ? No need to wink, no need to think the opposite. That's quite a nutty thing to think. Yeh - his lady dumped him years ago. Now he talks about "his other half" - could be a bloke he is shacking up with for all you know. The sort of stuff he has written about ladyboys, the responses he has dished out (i.e  Quote: if you have sex once or even a few times with a ladyboy doesn't make you gay - "it just means you are into ladyboys" bullshit logic. Agree - he doesn't like Thai's, he doesn't like Thai women. Sold his site - nah again who would want to buy a site that generates little income and then pay him to return. BS. I believe he was sick of writing on a failed site and kept it for the reader submissions (and just didn't have the guts to close it down) - maybe an ego issue / mid life crisis maybe the need to get a real job because his retirement is now on the horizon. I estimate his age to be in the late 40's - early 50's. Like an aging rock star that desperately keeps coming back. Reader submissions ok , as for the man  - dick**ad.

3 hours ago, Melbun said:

Mascularus.

Why is it that when a man dislikes something you think opposite? Quite emphatically I don't like ladyboys, and if you do ladyboys you are homosexual - you're doing a man. Right ? No need to wink, no need to think the opposite. That's quite a nutty thing to think. Yeh -

Comes from reading Hamlet, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"  Gay guys don't like ladyboys says all the experts on the gay ThaiVisa forum and is backed up by my experience of living many years in Pattaya. 

Your view is not supported by facts in my opinion. 

It is one of the monthly reoccurring topics here. 

3 hours ago, Melbun said:

Sold his site - nah again who would want to buy a site that generates little income and then pay him to return. BS. I believe he was sick of writing on a failed site and kept it for the reader submissions (and just didn't have the guts to close it down)

Why would you need guts to close something?  More like need guts to keep it open when the expat population all went home cause the pound crashed. 

Archived