Jump to content
BANGKOK
moontang

Do you miss Stickman?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Figure it out for nothing because your post is false.

Tell us where it is so much better? Until then your post just typical blah blah meaningless bad mouthing.

Been hearing more and more talk of Mexico, and it works for many on paper..but geez..cops are scary as <deleted>, and you are way more likely to be a victim of a violent crime.  Columbia?  OK, but not great.  You would think there would be some good reports from Vietnam, but there are few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Bangkok nightlife has never been good... Not even really in the early 90s when I first started going there.

Truth be told, Bkk nightlife is terrific.

 

And actually now even better than in the 90s. That's when I too first started visiting here about 3 times a year for years on end, before deciding in 2004 that dragging myself to the airport after a last night of debauchery for the sole purpose of being flown half-conscious 20 hrs. and 10,000 miles to a soulless US was getting pointless.

 

Now that I've lived here 15 years I can say that I know places for fun and games that I had no idea existed when I would blow in and out of town as a tourist.

 

There's much much more libidinous entertainment to be partaken of outside the tiny tourist pockets of Bkk (which Stickman seems to resolutely not acknowledge relaying week after week news from the few tired square meters of Nana and Cowboy). The reason is simple. Tourists like to have fun, true, but Thais like their sanook even more. You do need to speak the language bit though.

 

And the internet has helped connect players from all walks of life. In the mood for tatted tail? Click click. Not really? A lovely young gik whose sponsor is tied up a few days in family circumstances you say? Here you go.

 

Jaded? Change of scenery? No need to travel, sir. Colombian, Russian, African, Vietnamese, Chinese, ... what might your pleasure be?

Edited by Bang Bang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

Truth be told, Bkk nightlife is terrific.

 

And actually now even better than in the 90s. That's when I too first started visiting here about 3 times a year for years on end, before deciding in 2004 that dragging myself to the airport after a last night of debauchery for the sole purpose of being flown half-conscious 20 hrs. and 10,000 miles to a soulless US was getting pointless.

 

Now that I've lived here 15 years I can say that I know places for fun and games that I had no idea existed when I would blow in and out of town as a tourist.

 

There's much much more libidinous entertainment to be partaken of outside the tiny tourist pockets of Bkk (which Stickman seems to resolutely not acknowledge relaying week after week news from the few tired square meters of Nana and Cowboy). The reason is simple. Tourists like to have fun, true, but Thais like their sanook even more. You do need to speak the language bit though.

 

And the internet has helped connect players from all walks of life. In the mood for tatted tail? Click click. Not really? A lovely young gik whose sponsor is tied up a few days in family circumstances you say? Here you go.

 

Jaded? Change of scenery? No need to travel, sir. Colombian, Russian, African, Vietnamese, Chinese, ... what might your pleasure be?

It would be great if he covered the outer parts of BKK, as there are some hard to find gold mines, but I don't think he can get the sponsors, so it is all about the same three places...and for now a lot of the fun seems to be gone, it could possibly get better, but Chinese and moreso Indian tourism are just getting started.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, moontang said:

OK, but not great.  You would think there would be some good reports from Vietnam, but there are few.

I've visited both HCM and Hanoi. Available but mostly underground and in shady bars and massage parlors. Never quite felt safe and the service can be flaky. Freelancers work the discos but then again, especially if you are a tourist, you don't know who you are bringing home.

 

But the VN women can be gorgeous - bigger bodied/busted and lighter-skinned than the typical Thai.

 

But, hey, no need to travel. Mixx always has a couple of VN freelancers and Club XS is full of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've never really cared much for stick's opening piece (as he refers to it).  but in the past, i did find some interesting info in the gossip/addtl info section following the opening piece.  since he has started the column again, the gossip/addtl info section is a shell of it's former self.  i assume a reflection of the fact that he no longer lives in bangkok.  many of the things he talks about have been discussed the previous week in certain online newspapers or the TV forum.

 

i had a good laugh as he was trying to determine the door policy at crazy house, he attempted to sort it out in a couple of the recent columns.  but the bottom line is there is no set policy.  it can change from day to day, hour to hour.  whether you are a local or not.  especially during the high season.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moontang said:

and for now a lot of the fun seems to be gone, it could possibly get better, but Chinese and moreso Indian tourism are just getting started.  

Yep, I wonder when most long-term expats last set foot in Nana/Cowboy/Patpong. Stick's new audience will be Chinese/Indian newcomers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:23 AM, Seth1a2a said:

If you miss the site, it's back in general operation again with his weekly column

and continued publishing of the readers submissions. The site was sold but he returned as a paid contributor to the daily/weekly operations of the site.

If you've been to the site you can pretty much decipher what you may have read here that is BS

otherwise known as verbal feces.

Don't understand the logic of hating Ladyboys when that means the guys who come to see Ladyboys  are not competing with me by bar-fining the bargirls that I come to see .  At my age that raises my odds in a good way.

  He  wrote a few recent columns containing the insights and perspectives gained from his new partner aka "The Missus"  about what a lot of Thai women are doing while we sleep at the wheel and how they even have a private facebook page that rats out guys who are cheating..........Stickmans' site is not for everybody and maybe a little conservative since he does not promote a  live fast die hard " F"  em all agenda............It's not Pulitzer, but a decent read and it keeps me in touch with the town when I'm out of town.   

 

 

Seth _ how can buggers going with ladyboys enhance your ability to bonk real girls? doesn't make sense. Since there buggers (true sense of the word) only want lady boys' <deleted>. And who said anything of hating ladyboys. They can take a hike for all I care. I don't have sex with men (ladyboys). Third gender - crap - they are men dressed up as women. I don't believe Stickman sold his site. Who the hell would want it and then waste money employing him. Sound like utter bullshit. As for his "missus" - Judging by his fondness for ladyboys .... well .... are you thinking what I'm thinking ?? Reader submissions are ok but his weekly is full of baloney and not worth reading. YouTube much better to get the real story.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Melbun said:

Seth _ how can buggers going with ladyboys enhance your ability to bonk real girls? doesn't make sense. Since there buggers (true sense of the word) only want lady boys' <deleted>. And who said anything of hating ladyboys. They can take a hike for all I care. I don't have sex with men (ladyboys). Third gender - crap - they are men dressed up as women. I don't believe Stickman sold his site. Who the hell would want it and then waste money employing him. Sound like utter bullshit. As for his "missus" - Judging by his fondness for ladyboys .... well .... are you thinking what I'm thinking ?? Reader submissions are ok but his weekly is full of baloney and not worth reading. YouTube much better to get the real story.

Stick never liked ladyboys and made a point of dissing men who did.  Then he began to get some advertising from that quarter and all the guys who were macho dudes came out of the closet.  Whenever I hear a guy go on an on about never doing a man dressed in a women I just wink at my friends who all know like me that that's the first sign of attraction. 

 

I didn't know Stick was married.  I thought his lady dumped him a few years ago.  Now he is coming across as very Anti Thai and that really seems counter productive. 

 

If I was a betting man I'd say he sold the site and rights to his name and column. 

Edited by marcusarelus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't care less about the 'goings on' of Pattaya. I didn't mind some of his articles but didn't care about that stuff. I would have prefered stuff on BKK life or nightlife that's isn't of the hooker variety and maybe from a slightly more 'common man' perspective than mags like 'Time Out'.

 

I never believed that he sold it, I don't know if that got confirmed or not but it seemed like something to tell advertisers as you already had their money and made them think they were getting their money's worth whilst the site ran down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Razzler1973 said:

I couldn't care less about the 'goings on' of Pattaya. I didn't mind some of his articles but didn't care about that stuff. I would have prefered stuff on BKK life or nightlife that's isn't of the hooker variety and maybe from a slightly more 'common man' perspective than mags like 'Time Out'.

 

I never believed that he sold it, I don't know if that got confirmed or not but it seemed like something to tell advertisers as you already had their money and made them think they were getting their money's worth whilst the site ran down

Why would you read Stickmanbangkok if you didn't want to know about hookers in Bangkok?  That's what his site has always been about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cause he would sometimes write general opinion stuff about BKK or Thailand that were quite interesting, I'd not bother reading the hooker stuff down the years and it always seemed to be more focused on Pattaya than BKK, to me.

 

I think someone like that covering BKK nightlife from a non-hooker perspective would be cool but almost certainly unlikely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Stick never liked ladyboys and made a point of dissing men who did.  Then he began to get some advertising from that quarter and all the guys who were macho dudes came out of the closet.  Whenever I hear a guy go on an on about never doing a man dressed in a women I just wink at my friends who all know like me that that's the first sign of attraction. 

 

I didn't know Stick was married.  I thought his lady dumped him a few years ago.  Now he is coming across as very Anti Thai and that really seems counter productive. 

 

If I was a betting man I'd say he sold the site and rights to his name and column. 

Mascularus.

Why is it that when a man dislikes something you think opposite? Quite emphatically I don't like ladyboys, and if you do ladyboys you are homosexual - you're doing a man. Right ? No need to wink, no need to think the opposite. That's quite a nutty thing to think. Yeh - his lady dumped him years ago. Now he talks about "his other half" - could be a bloke he is shacking up with for all you know. The sort of stuff he has written about ladyboys, the responses he has dished out (i.e  Quote: if you have sex once or even a few times with a ladyboy doesn't make you gay - "it just means you are into ladyboys" bullshit logic. Agree - he doesn't like Thai's, he doesn't like Thai women. Sold his site - nah again who would want to buy a site that generates little income and then pay him to return. BS. I believe he was sick of writing on a failed site and kept it for the reader submissions (and just didn't have the guts to close it down) - maybe an ego issue / mid life crisis maybe the need to get a real job because his retirement is now on the horizon. I estimate his age to be in the late 40's - early 50's. Like an aging rock star that desperately keeps coming back. Reader submissions ok , as for the man  - dick**ad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melbun said:

Mascularus.

Why is it that when a man dislikes something you think opposite? Quite emphatically I don't like ladyboys, and if you do ladyboys you are homosexual - you're doing a man. Right ? No need to wink, no need to think the opposite. That's quite a nutty thing to think. Yeh -

Comes from reading Hamlet, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"  Gay guys don't like ladyboys says all the experts on the gay ThaiVisa forum and is backed up by my experience of living many years in Pattaya. 

 

Your view is not supported by facts in my opinion. 

 

It is one of the monthly reoccurring topics here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melbun said:

Sold his site - nah again who would want to buy a site that generates little income and then pay him to return. BS. I believe he was sick of writing on a failed site and kept it for the reader submissions (and just didn't have the guts to close it down)

Why would you need guts to close something?  More like need guts to keep it open when the expat population all went home cause the pound crashed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...