Legal Requirements for a Thai to Open a Business

My wife, a Thai national, is going to open a small translation business and I was wondering what sort of legal requirements there are for such an undertaking. Not specifically for the field of translation, but just for opening a business.  Her plan is to do some significant online advertising, so it would be difficult for her to "fly under the radar".  I should add that she'd initially be working from home without any employees.  Of course she's doing some research on Thai government websites, but I was hoping to get some feedback here in English so that we can compare notes on what we learned.

Thanks very much.  ?

I guess it´s just to start for her, and if it works, register as a personal company and do the book keeping and pay the tax after deduction.

She can make up to 100000 baht per year without the need to pay tax, so that will mean she can start before register.

• 1 month later...

Agreed... unless she need to deal with other companies thus withholding tax is involved. Other than that skip the company registration all together. She will lose out on VAT during advertising but that's still better than maintaining a company and balance book in accordance to revenue dept "standard" (which can be a pain in the ass).  

Archived