Thai authorities to contact the UK for Yingluck's address as Interpol refuses Blue Notice - spokesman.

rooster59

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The UK post office staff don't know for sure.

I bought a stamp for a letter to Thailand. The assistant, weighed it, checked the price, then crossed out 'Thailand' replacing it with 'Taiwan', telling me I'd spelt it incorrectly. When I told her it was going to Thailand, she said she'd never heard of it before.

Same here - something I ordered from the UK, came here via Taiwan !

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it confirms they never tried to get a red notice on her.

Now, why do they make so much noise about getting her address? If they cannot get her extradited, What's the use of getting her address? 

Ooops! Sorry! I forgot they are just pretending to do something. [emoji16]
How else will they know where to send the Christmas card

Sent from my Q101-4G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Even if, and it is not going to happen, the UK tells them where she is what are they going to do? They cant force her back to Thailand as that would be kidnapping and the Thais doing it would be jailed. I dont see the point in them asking.

I think it can be taken as a given that both her and her brother will have very good security in place just in case someone thinks up a crazy idea about them.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Has anyone thought of cancelling her passport, rendering her UK visa invalid ? How did she get a 10 year visa on a 5 year passport ?

Apparently she is using a European country passport, not Thai.

The last thing Prayut wants is Yingluck back in the country ,same thing goes for Thaksin. Out of sight is partly out of mind for the masses who adore them.

Can you imagine the 1000's that would be at the airport if she did come back and of course the obligatory kissing the bitumen ?

5 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Why do they make these public pronouncements?

They should keep quiet and save themselves the embarrassment/ loss of face.

They want to be the No 1 Laughing Stock in the world. They are probably No 2 at present.

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Nah, Prayuth doesn't deal with minions, he'd phone Liz herself.

Somehow I don't think so. Can you imagine the conversation! HM would be mouthing silently to PP <deleted>! And then dismissing the bufoon who put the other bufoons call through! 

I'm not a politician or that educated but even I know you can't get sent back to a country under military rule .the junta and his cronies really have no idea or are just giving lip service .I think it's the latter..

23 minutes ago, James HKT said:

Unless they plan to kidnap or write to her what good is an address. The UK authorities won't extradite her. So I guess she will be taking a ride in  her brother's Lear  every six months! 

I think you'll find the Lear has been upgraded

5 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Thai authorities must be frustrated in the UK.  In Thailand, you only have to pass an envelope with 500 baht in it to get a foreigner's address from a Thai immigration official.

Yes.  In the UK you need a much bigger envelope.

Conversely if Prayut and 5 other defendants were to be found guilty in their upcoming case by the criminal court and do a runner, I doubt any countries beside China will allow them to stay and grant them visas. Matter of speaking. 

5 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Thai authorities must be frustrated in the UK.  In Thailand, you only have to pass an envelope with 500 baht in it to get a foreigner's address from a Thai immigration official.

The uk has the same system too but not 500 thb a little bit more.

All you can say of the current thai government is that they still follows the normal ways.

And that takes a little longer but tells a lot about the vision they have.

They know the shortcuts very well too not worry about that. ALso have the shortcut on the shortcut if needed.

You know sometimes it is better to let people think you not know and let them feel they are untouchable.

Ever tought about that?

I can't imagine why the junta would want Yingluck back because as other posters have pointed out, the PM is afraid of her. Why is afraid of of her?Well others here have answered that too...but therein lay the answer. She'd be a damn good reason for delaying the polls,

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Let's face it, the Thai authorities are not good it either tracing people, and they find them, to extradite them back to Thailand, and the list is too long to mention, i think that they really don't want want these people back from all sorts of reasons, so when they say they can;t find them when they are hiding in plain sight it's nothing but a cop out...

If Thailand breaks any UK laws Ouch

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

as Interpol have refused to issue a Blue Notice saying the case is politically motivated.

despite the refusal the Thai authorities were at liberty to make their own representations to try and track down Yingluck.

national police chief Chakthip Chaijinda who has ordered that no stone is left unturned to bring Yingluck back to Thailand. 

He did not know on what passport the visa was issued but said it was definitely not a Thai one. 

You just could not make this up !!!

:cheesy:?

Archived