Best value mobile data package for long term

jackdd

33 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Do you think people prefer to pay 2999 as opposed to 2675?

So it's appears USSD codes are better than visiting a True shop, as you can subscribe to True's six and twelve month packages that way.

Of course people want to pay the lowest price. The prices need to reflect what the operators announce on their websites. 

Found True 1 and 4 Mbps packages for 6-12 months at their website.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/package/most_advanced_services/24/prepaid/4G_Net_Sim

True 1Mbps / 1 year package is pretty good. Only 50 baht per month. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, oilinki said:

Of course people want to pay the lowest price. The prices need to reflect what the operators announce on their websites. 

Found True 1 and 4 Mbps packages for 6-12 months at their website.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/package/most_advanced_services/24/prepaid/4G_Net_Sim

True 1Mbps / 1 year package is pretty good. Only 50 baht per month. 

Why do they need to "reflect what is on their website"? Especially if you don't provide a link to the promo anyway. Where is the link to DTAC 90 day 10 Mbps package? What's the use of you including it, if there is no way that someone to subscribe to it? You haven't provided a page link, nor a USSD code.

That means that if you cannot personally find it on their website, then the people who read your blog may end up paying more than is necessary or simply not be able to access it at all.

A case in point; your initial insistence that True had no long term packages and now your persistence in posting 2999 baht for DTAC's 4 Mbps, when in fact they can pay 2675 baht for it.

If you are going to do something, do it properly. ;)

Do you expect me to subscribe the DTAC package and pay 2675 baht for nothing, just to verify that the USSD code does what you say and it's not to subscribe daily kangaroo jokes package?

It's overview of the offerings in Thailand.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:13 PM, oilinki said:

Do you expect me to subscribe the DTAC package and pay 2675 baht for nothing, just to verify that the USSD code does what you say and it's not to subscribe daily kangaroo jokes package?

It's overview of the offerings in Thailand.

So why do you include the DTAC 90 day 10 Mbps package on your page??

It is on the DTAC website? Where is the link to it on your page?

If you have only included it because of the USSD code I supplied, then why bother to put it on your page?

If you don't trust the USSD code then why include it at all??

If you are just doing it to please yourself, then enjoy. No need to have a public page. But if it is up as a service to your readers, include the USSD codes with caveats. Such as you haven't personally checked the code etc

Otherwise, don't bother copying information gleaned from this forum without the appropriate credits.

Do it properly or don't bother :)

I would be slightly frustrated to find the perfect plan for my usage, only to find that there was no way for me to subscribe to it.

There are many useful USSD codes out there that are no longer listed by the Networks. 

14 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

So why do you include the DTAC 90 day 10 Mbps package on your page??

It is on the DTAC website? Where is the link to it on your page?

If you have only included it because of the USSD code I supplied, then why bother to put it on your page?

I'm pretty sure that I saw it somewhere. But I couldn't find the source now, so I took the DTAC 10 Mbps package from the page. 

Thanks for your input. 

10 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I'm pretty sure that I saw it somewhere. But I couldn't find the source now, so I took the DTAC 10 Mbps package from the page. 

Thanks for your input. 

What about the link to the Truemove H 10 Mbps package? I don't see a link to it on your page. But you have it posted as available

See my point? Useful info disappearing from your page because of a lack of a source.

How will the person subscribe to the True H 10 Mbps package? Are you posting it there just to frustrate them? ????

34 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

What about the link to the Truemove H 10 Mbps package? I don't see a link to it on your page. But you have it posted as available

See my point? Useful info disappearing from your page because of a lack of a source.

How will the person subscribe to the True H 10 Mbps package? Are you posting it there just to frustrate them? ????

The Truemove H 10 Mbps information came directly from True shop and their brochure. 

Darn, you are stubborn. But if you are that stubborn, it must mean that you probably know what you are talking about ????

So, I give up and added the USSD codes to subscribe the services. These were for the packages I could find and verify myself. 

Can you provide me a link to DTAC and AIS websites or their brochures, where they state the packages and USSD codes. I'll then add those the the page. 

Btw, CAT is now also offering 4 and 6 Mbps long term sims. 

3 hours ago, oilinki said:

The Truemove H 10 Mbps information came directly from True shop and their brochure. 

Darn, you are stubborn. But if you are that stubborn, it must mean that you probably know what you are talking about ????

So, I give up and added the USSD codes to subscribe the services. These were for the packages I could find and verify myself. 

Can you provide me a link to DTAC and AIS websites or their brochures, where they state the packages and USSD codes. I'll then add those the the page. 

Btw, CAT is now also offering 4 and 6 Mbps long term sims. 

Not all packages have a link. Some packages are advertised for a short time and then removed from sight. But they still work. Which is why you won't always find it on an official website.

AIS's 10 Mbps monthly offering a case in point.

Current link for AIS packages on your website is; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

But VAT may be added. Some people state that they aren't charged VAT via the AIS App.

DTAC website does not list the packages, but you can see them listed here; https://www.prodtac-internet.com/โปรเน็ตดีแทค.html including two new 10 Mbps packages from DTAC; 30 & 90 days.

In addition(it may be a step too far for you), but Truemove H's 90 day 6Mbps & 10 Mbps packages have free WiFi HotSpot usage included.

You should also warn that package prices(not SIM prices) are subject to 7% VAT. :)

If you would like a USSD code theme throughout, here you are;

AIS

1 Mbps 6 months  *777*7267# 

1 Mbps 12 months *777*7268#
4 Mbps 6 months *777*7269#
4 Mbps 12 months  *777*7270#

6 Mbps 6 Months  *777*7283#
6 Mbps 12 months  *777*7284#

Since you are doing a public service, I'll help you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems my assumption why these sim cards are so cheap was wrong.

I ordered another of these SIM cards, and this one is now valid to be activated until August 2019, so it wasn't a special one time promotion in 2018 but seems to be an ongoing promotion

I wonder how the shops on Lazada can sell it for less than half of what you would pay in regular shops

On 10/17/2018 at 4:20 PM, KneeDeep said:

If you would like a USSD code theme throughout, here you are;

AIS

1 Mbps 6 months  *777*7267# 

1 Mbps 12 months *777*7268#
4 Mbps 6 months *777*7269#
4 Mbps 12 months  *777*7270#

6 Mbps 6 Months  *777*7283#
6 Mbps 12 months  *777*7284#

Since you are doing a public service, I'll help you.

No prices? ???? 

I ordered another of these SIM cards, and this one is now valid to be activated until August 2019, so it wasn't a special one time promotion in 2018 but seems to be an ongoing promotion
I wonder how the shops on Lazada can sell it for less than half of what you would pay in regular shops

I do hope that this is the case as I ordered 2 on Dec 25th and now awaiting delivery !!
Now down to 1,245 baht !

p.s. am paying COD

I do hope that this is the case as I ordered 2 on Dec 25th and now awaiting delivery !!
Now down to 1,245 baht !

p.s. am paying COD

Now down to 1,245 baht !

p.s. am paying COD

• 5 months later...

Recently ordered another of these sim cards, sadly this time i had to pay 1765 THB

This sim card also had to be activated until August this year, same like the one i bought end of last year. Let's hope they will continue offering these sim cards after August, so i can get a new one next year.

43 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Recently ordered another of these sim cards, sadly this time i had to pay 1765 THB

This sim card also had to be activated until August this year, same like the one i bought end of last year. Let's hope they will continue offering these sim cards after August, so i can get a new one next year.

Just a thought going what you post I would of thought you would know

Dtac would be best.

9 hours ago, JamJar said:

Not at that price. 1765 baht for unlimited 4 Mbps for a year.

I only quote my experience getting internet with Dtac which is keeping a balance of 300 baht a month and I top up at a 100 bht per month sometimes. 

They message me to pay extra for getting higher mbp I don't know why 1 mbp and it's good enough for me, I can only guess it's not good enough for some. 

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Mine one is 1 mbp,  I don't what jamjar is on about.

You are confused. I am stating that the SIM that jackdd has purchased for 1765 baht, gives him unlimited 4 Mbps data for 365 days, at no further cost.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I only quote my experience getting internet with Dtac which is keeping a balance of 300 baht a month and I top up at a 100 bht per month sometimes. 

They message me to pay extra for getting higher mbp I don't know why 1 mbp and it's good enough for me, I can only guess it's not good enough for some. 

Apart from that, It is unclear as to how much you are paying per annum.

The DTAC equivalent of what jackdd has purchased, is here;

6.png.d8852190b041d5a83e52de1b11930aa0.png

Though possibly they have all sold out.

DTAC had long term packs that you could add to your existing SIM, that obviate the need to keep a balance or the need to top up. I don't know if they are still available currently.

But if still working, topping up 1300 baht and then tapping in the code *104*593# and then pressing the Dial key, gets you 1 Mbps data for 365 days. No need to top up again for 365 days.

That would work out a total 107 baht per month for unlimited 1 Mbps data.

The only caveat, is that I have not tested the code of late, so cannot say if stopped people from subscribing for that package.

4 hours ago, JamJar said:

Apart from that, It is unclear as to how much you are paying per annum.

The DTAC equivalent of what jackdd has purchased, is here;

6.png.d8852190b041d5a83e52de1b11930aa0.png

Though possibly they have all sold out.

DTAC had long term packs that you could add to your existing SIM, that obviate the need to keep a balance or the need to top up. I don't know if they are still available currently.

But if still working, topping up 1300 baht and then tapping in the code *104*593# and then pressing the Dial key, gets you 1 Mbps data for 365 days. No need to top up again for 365 days.

That would work out a total 107 baht per month for unlimited 1 Mbps data.

The only caveat, is that I have not tested the code of late, so cannot say if stopped people from subscribing for that package.

Well don't know but I know Dtac don't cost me 1765 per year and I don't give a dam what I have it suits an old fart like me. ????

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well don't know but I know Dtac don't cost me 1765 per year and I don't give a dam what I have it suits an old fart like me. ????

If you don't know even know what you have, then why are you telling jackdd that DTAC is better?

He is taking about a 4 Mbps connection for a year. What were you recommending to him?

14 hours ago, JamJar said:

If you don't know even know what you have, then why are you telling jackdd that DTAC is better?

He is taking about a 4 Mbps connection for a year. What were you recommending to him?

No need to be shirty I thought my post #50 was quite clear " DTAC ".

My third tried provider and I fine it OK. 

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

No need to be shirty I thought my post #50 was quite clear " DTAC ".

My third tried provider and I fine it OK. 

You clearly have a problem with communicating. No one is being shirty. I am just trying to make sense of what you have written. It still makes no sense at all and I'm not sure that you know either.

You do know that the topic of this thread is best value mobile data package for long term, don't you?

DTAC can be great in some locations and dismal in others. Truemove H too. So what is "good" can be dependent on location. So unless you live with jackdd, you have no idea as to whether DTAC would be better for him.

Best to leave it there eh? 

Archived