BANGKOK
jackdd

Best value mobile data package for long term

Seems my assumption why these sim cards are so cheap was wrong.
I ordered another of these SIM cards, and this one is now valid to be activated until August 2019, so it wasn't a special one time promotion in 2018 but seems to be an ongoing promotion
I wonder how the shops on Lazada can sell it for less than half of what you would pay in regular shops

I do hope that this is the case as I ordered 2 on Dec 25th and now awaiting delivery !!
Now down to 1,245 baht !

p.s. am paying COD

Seems my assumption why these sim cards are so cheap was wrong.
I ordered another of these SIM cards, and this one is now valid to be activated until August 2019, so it wasn't a special one time promotion in 2018 but seems to be an ongoing promotion
I wonder how the shops on Lazada can sell it for less than half of what you would pay in regular shops

I do hope that this is the case as I ordered 2 on Dec 25th and now awaiting delivery !!
Now down to 1,245 baht !

p.s. am paying COD

Now down to 1,245 baht !

p.s. am paying COD

Turned up today, activated, good till 02/01/2020

Recently ordered another of these sim cards, sadly this time i had to pay 1765 THB

This sim card also had to be activated until August this year, same like the one i bought end of last year. Let's hope they will continue offering these sim cards after August, so i can get a new one next year.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Recently ordered another of these sim cards, sadly this time i had to pay 1765 THB

This sim card also had to be activated until August this year, same like the one i bought end of last year. Let's hope they will continue offering these sim cards after August, so i can get a new one next year.

Just a thought going what you post I would of thought you would know

Dtac would be best.

38 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Dtac would be best.

Not at that price. 1765 baht for unlimited 4 Mbps for a year.

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Dtac would be best.

Unlimited 4mbps for 1 year for less than 1765 THB? Link?

9 hours ago, JamJar said:

Not at that price. 1765 baht for unlimited 4 Mbps for a year.

I only quote my experience getting internet with Dtac which is keeping a balance of 300 baht a month and I top up at a 100 bht per month sometimes. 

They message me to pay extra for getting higher mbp I don't know why 1 mbp and it's good enough for me, I can only guess it's not good enough for some. 

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Unlimited 4mbps for 1 year for less than 1765 THB? Link?

Mine one is 1 mbp,  I don't what jamjar is on about.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Mine one is 1 mbp,  I don't what jamjar is on about.

You are confused. I am stating that the SIM that jackdd has purchased for 1765 baht, gives him unlimited 4 Mbps data for 365 days, at no further cost.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I only quote my experience getting internet with Dtac which is keeping a balance of 300 baht a month and I top up at a 100 bht per month sometimes. 

They message me to pay extra for getting higher mbp I don't know why 1 mbp and it's good enough for me, I can only guess it's not good enough for some. 

Apart from that, It is unclear as to how much you are paying per annum.

The DTAC equivalent of what jackdd has purchased, is here;

6.png.d8852190b041d5a83e52de1b11930aa0.png

Though possibly they have all sold out.

DTAC had long term packs that you could add to your existing SIM, that obviate the need to keep a balance or the need to top up. I don't know if they are still available currently.

But if still working, topping up 1300 baht and then tapping in the code *104*593# and then pressing the Dial key, gets you 1 Mbps data for 365 days. No need to top up again for 365 days.

That would work out a total 107 baht per month for unlimited 1 Mbps data.

The only caveat, is that I have not tested the code of late, so cannot say if stopped people from subscribing for that package.

4 hours ago, JamJar said:

Apart from that, It is unclear as to how much you are paying per annum.

The DTAC equivalent of what jackdd has purchased, is here;

6.png.d8852190b041d5a83e52de1b11930aa0.png

Though possibly they have all sold out.

DTAC had long term packs that you could add to your existing SIM, that obviate the need to keep a balance or the need to top up. I don't know if they are still available currently.

But if still working, topping up 1300 baht and then tapping in the code *104*593# and then pressing the Dial key, gets you 1 Mbps data for 365 days. No need to top up again for 365 days.

That would work out a total 107 baht per month for unlimited 1 Mbps data.

The only caveat, is that I have not tested the code of late, so cannot say if stopped people from subscribing for that package.

Well don't know but I know Dtac don't cost me 1765 per year and I don't give a dam what I have it suits an old fart like me. 😆

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well don't know but I know Dtac don't cost me 1765 per year and I don't give a dam what I have it suits an old fart like me. 😆

If you don't know even know what you have, then why are you telling jackdd that DTAC is better?

He is taking about a 4 Mbps connection for a year. What were you recommending to him?

14 hours ago, JamJar said:

If you don't know even know what you have, then why are you telling jackdd that DTAC is better?

He is taking about a 4 Mbps connection for a year. What were you recommending to him?

No need to be shirty I thought my post #50 was quite clear " DTAC ".

My third tried provider and I fine it OK. 

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

No need to be shirty I thought my post #50 was quite clear " DTAC ".

My third tried provider and I fine it OK. 

You clearly have a problem with communicating. No one is being shirty. I am just trying to make sense of what you have written. It still makes no sense at all and I'm not sure that you know either.

You do know that the topic of this thread is best value mobile data package for long term, don't you?

DTAC can be great in some locations and dismal in others. Truemove H too. So what is "good" can be dependent on location. So unless you live with jackdd, you have no idea as to whether DTAC would be better for him.

Best to leave it there eh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1