Best value mobile data package for long term

jackdd

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Xaos said:

this and 10Mbps are only for new simcards, looks like im getting new simcard then. and 10Mbps for 200

let us know if you have any issues applying this promo please, i hoping to get mine on Thursday. I take it i have to go to a Tru shop and not 7 eleven to register? In which case i'll probably have to go to Market Village in Hua Hin, thanks

I don't have a data package but happy with dtac since forever. Besides is kinda Western owned. A plus for me. Recently wife changed from dtac to ais. She hates it and will go back. Dtac is only good in big cities pretty much.

*Wife has data package

7 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

so you needed a new sim card ?

Yes, the offer is for new SIM cards only, an additional 50bht.

I walked into my nearest large Tesco found the AIS shop and handed over my phone, passport and 200bht.

All completed and working by the young lady in 10 minutes.

Phone number doesn't matter as I've only ever used my old AIS SIM for data.

Mind you, as the new AIS SIM has unlimited free calls to all networks, it'll be used for all outgoing calls now.

Called true and they said that above promos 4mbps and 10mbps are unlimited internet but for new or switching customers only, I asked what for current customers and they only had packages with limited internet. So how thats makes sense now if all networks do same promo, I just switch from true to ais or dtac keeping same number and getting unlimited 10mbps and calls for 200 for a year. They cant keep customer.

The only question is its internet for anything, websites, random apps, downloads etc. or just for selected apps like seen on dtac pic, youtube line instagram facebook and anything else it dosent works ?

Anyone using it already and can comfirm ?

https://www.techoffside.com/2019/11/โปร-ais-dtac-truemove-h-10mbps-เน็ตไม่อั้น/

dtac-10mbps.jpg

?attachment_id=93901

18 hours ago, thecolonel said:

let us know if you have any issues applying this promo please, i hoping to get mine on Thursday. I take it i have to go to a Tru shop and not 7 eleven to register? In which case i'll probably have to go to Market Village in Hua Hin, thanks

yes go true shop, and u can transfer from network to network keeping number too

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, the offer is for new SIM cards only, an additional 50bht.

I walked into my nearest large Tesco found the AIS shop and handed over my phone, passport and 200bht.

All completed and working by the young lady in 10 minutes.

Phone number doesn't matter as I've only ever used my old AIS SIM for data.

Mind you, as the new AIS SIM has unlimited free calls to all networks, it'll be used for all outgoing calls now.

Isn't it a pain to change phone numbers with banks every year? i have 3 banks and decided to continue with my old sim AIS 1mbps 1800 baht 12 months unlimited data deal

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Isn't it a pain to change phone numbers with banks every year? i have 3 banks and decided to continue with my old sim AIS 1mbps 1800 baht 12 months unlimited data deal

bro read above, you can transfer number to other network and get that promo keeping ur old number

or get a phone line samsung or oppo so u can use 2 simcards thats expensive option tho

1 hour ago, Xaos said:

Called true and they said that above promos 4mbps and 10mbps are unlimited internet but for new or switching customers only, I asked what for current customers and they only had packages with limited internet. So how thats makes sense now if all networks do same promo, I just switch from true to ais or dtac keeping same number and getting unlimited 10mbps and calls for 200 for a year. They cant keep customer.

The only question is its internet for anything, websites, random apps, downloads etc. or just for selected apps like seen on dtac pic, youtube line instagram facebook and anything else it dosent works ?

dtac-10mbps.jpg

?attachment_id=93901

Using the DTAC 10Mbps promotion since monday.

No problems browsing and downloading from all international and thailand websites, no differances.

3 hours ago, Xaos said:

yes go true shop, and u can transfer from network to network keeping number too

sounds like i cant now that it appears its for new or switching customeres only as per post above

as an existing Tru customer i will have to got to Dtac or AIS for that equivalent promo

any different let me know please 

starting journey there now.....thanks all

49 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

sounds like i cant now that it appears its for new or switching customeres only as per post above

as an existing Tru customer i will have to got to Dtac or AIS for that equivalent promo

any different let me know please 

starting journey there now.....thanks all

As an existing at True customer,  go to the shop and tell them that you want to cancel and your going to another provider, AIS DTAC.

They will offer you a 50% discount on any package guaranteed. Been doing that for the past 4 years. Also they have lots of packages available thats not in their brochures, just ask to have a look on their computer.

Good luck

10 hours ago, Xaos said:

dtac-10mbps.jpg

?attachment_id=93901

They all have unlimited packages for older, qualifying SIM. But not for 200 baht per month.

I got the recommended AIS SIM yesterday, after DTAC flaked out on me on the day I arrived. When I applied the package, nothing happened. But I'd gotten a few messages prior, and turns out it was already applied, once I got past the Thai wording. I didn't dare wait until today, since someone posted that the cutoff date for that promotion was yesterday. Just in case that was correct. I probably don't use that much data, but on a heavy Netflix day 8 Gb is possible. I have downloaded content for now, so not too heavy at first. Probably a good idea, for not setting up flags.

1 hour ago, goldmagpie said:

I didn't dare wait until today, since someone posted that the cutoff date for that promotion was yesterday. Just in case that was correct.

AIS says 29th October to 7th November on the bottom right of the advert.

True says 1st November to 30th November on their advert.

ais.jpg

On 11/6/2019 at 12:52 PM, ch4974 said:

Using the DTAC 10Mbps promotion since monday.

No problems browsing and downloading from all international and thailand websites, no differances.

Xaos, not your fault but....

I called tru 1242 yesterday and I explain I tru customer already for 5+years. They said 3 times I can have this promo anyway as long as new sim card/number which I was always ok with. The way they put it to you i think was you had to not be a customer of them before(or switch from another network). I wasn't sure if I believed them because I have had so much duff information from tru last 5years!

So I went today to tru shop in Hua Hin old town not market village. They give me package no problems, but as we all know on a new sim so new number, 200 baht per month for unlimited 4g data at speed of 10 mega bits Ps(not 10 mega bytes Ps) or 1.25MB/s to be clear.

Can renew monthly for up to 12 months max(then seek new promo) included all calls to all networks in Thailand

*(note to self.... Must find out international call rate to UK tomorrow. And maybe each national call is limited to 15 mins I'm not sure?) *

So I'm a happy bunny now and proof that one should not always believe what tru call centre say.

Thanks to all who contributed to this topic. 

15 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

I called tru 1242 yesterday and I explain I tru customer already for 5+years. They said 3 times I can have this promo anyway as long as new sim card/number which I was always ok with. The way they put it to you i think was you had to not be a customer of them before(or switch from another network). I wasn't sure if I believed them because I have had so much duff information from tru last 5years!

So I went today to tru shop in Hua Hin old town not market village. They give me package no problems, but as we all know on a new sim so new number, 200 baht per month for unlimited 4g data at speed of 10 mega bits Ps(not 10 mega bytes Ps) or 1.25MB/s to be clear.

Can renew monthly for up to 12 months max(then seek new promo) included all calls to all networks in Thailand

*(note to self.... Must find out international call rate to UK tomorrow. And maybe each national call is limited to 15 mins I'm not sure?) *

So I'm a happy bunny now and proof that one should not always believe what tru call centre say.

You appear to have misunderstood Xaos. H was referring to being able to subscribe using his existing number. The only way to do so is by porting his number to another network and signing up to that promo on the new network.

The caveat of course, is that he no longer qualifies for the older unlimited packages, if his number was originally registered before the 1st of Feb.

So hopefully, for him, there will be a suitable promo in a year's time when this one expires.

3 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

You appear to have misunderstood Xaos. H was referring to being able to subscribe using his existing number. The only way to do so is by porting his number to another network and signing up to that promo on the new network.

The caveat of course, is that he no longer qualifies for the older unlimited packages, if his number was originally registered before the 1st of Feb.

So hopefully, for him, there will be a suitable promo in a year's time when this one expires.

good to hear from you KneeDeep

......they said that above promos 4mbps and 10mbps are unlimited internet but for new or switching customers only, I asked what for current customers and they only had packages with limited internet. "

ok fair enough, but hopefully you can see how i misunderstood re above quote. As per many promos in UK(not just mobiles) really are for *new* customers only. There's even a TV advert which mocks such policy making

anyway all good now, thanks

11 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

good to hear from you KneeDeep

......they said that above promos 4mbps and 10mbps are unlimited internet but for new or switching customers only, I asked what for current customers and they only had packages with limited internet. "

ok fair enough, but hopefully you can see how i misunderstood re above quote. As per many promos in UK(not just mobiles) really are for *new* customers only. There's even a TV advert which mocks such policy making

anyway all good now, thanks

That comes under 'switching customers', as by porting your number, you are 'switching' to their network.

Current customers would need SIMs activated before 1st of Feb/March to qualify for unlimited data packages.

Though none of those packages can match unlimited 10 Mbps and calls for 2400 baht over twelve months..

1 hour ago, thecolonel said:

in addition apparently i can close my previous sim card account and get any credit back, although if i understand correctly that may have to go into a thai bank acc only?? not cash i guess. luckily i have one

3 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

in addition apparently i can close my previous sim card account and get any credit back, although if i understand correctly that may have to go into a thai bank acc only?? not cash i guess. luckily i have one

If it qualifies for the older unlimited packs, it may be worth keeping it open and active.

3 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

If it qualifies for the older unlimited packs, it may be worth keeping it open and active.

my 'old' tru(as of today!)number was originally registered about 2 or 3 years ago ie before the 1st Feb 2019 so im assuming from what you say above it would not qualify and hence is useless going forward??. Any different let me know please thanks

10 minutes ago, TamadeYao said:

So for the 10Mbps package is it only available on a regular prepaid sim.  or can I apply the promotion on a tourist sim

i think you will find  the package cant be applied to a tourist sim. I had to buy a 49 baht social sim 4g+. mine is actually called sim 4g+ Super Fun for Teens 

27 minutes ago, TamadeYao said:

So for the 10Mbps package is it only available on a regular prepaid sim.  or can I apply the promotion on a tourist sim

It's only available on a SIM you purchased & registered in the last 7 days.

Best to walk into the DTaC/True shop and let the attractive young woman do it all for you.

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's only available on a SIM you purchased & registered in the last 7 days.

Best to walk into the DTaC/True shop and let the attractive young woman do it all for you.

perhaps worth noting that whilst all calls included it will auto cut off the call after 15 mins(then simply redial) also SMS messages are not included they are 2 baht/ 3 baht for MMS. Oh but all calls does not include calling Tru 1242 you need credit on SIM to call them! 

Archived