Best value mobile data package for long term

jackdd

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's only available on a SIM you purchased & registered in the last 7 days.

Best to walk into the DTaC/True shop and let the attractive young woman do it all for you.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's only available on a SIM you purchased & registered in the last 7 days.

Best to walk into the DTaC/True shop and let the attractive young woman do it all for you.

Thanks guys.   Another 8 days before I'm in Thailand but I already have a Dtac tourist Sim ordered through Klook.  90baht for 8days. So its cheap and disposable.  

Figure I'll get the 10Mbps plan after I get in town for a few day to make sure it last my whole stay.

So I suppose after my first month is up i'll get a text asking if I want to renew and for top-ups with Dtac I have to do it online or through cash card,  they don't have top up machines at 7/11 

FamilyMart like AIS right?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, thecolonel said:

my 'old' tru(as of today!)number was originally registered about 2 or 3 years ago ie before the 1st Feb 2019 so im assuming from what you say above it would not qualify and hence is useless going forward??. Any different let me know please thanks

It does qualify, as I stated earlier. Just for different unlimited packs. So worth keeping. 

You can keep the SIM active by 

b7Nqorlxy.jpg

18 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

The only way to do so is by porting his number to another network and signing up to that promo on the new network.

The caveat of course, is that he no longer qualifies for the older unlimited packages, if his number was originally registered before the 1st of Feb.

im confused! re no longer qualifies if before 1st Feb, which mine was so therefore that suggests mine is non qualifying

And even if it does qualify Im not seeing why its worth keeping nb based on what youve said . what would it qualify for, other than just an "unlimited data package"?

because without knowing the terms of said package how can one evaluate whether its worth keeping the other one for? I feel im missing some key information here. Im not questioning your knowledge on such matters, or you r advice, but im just not getting it sorry

thanks

12 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

im confused! re no longer qualifies if before 1st Feb, which mine was so therefore that suggests mine is non qualifying

And even if it does qualify Im not seeing why its worth keeping nb based on what youve said . what would it qualify for, other than just an "unlimited data package"?

because without knowing the terms of said package how can one evaluate whether its worth keeping the other one for? I feel im missing some key information here. Im not questioning your knowledge on such matters, or you r advice, but im just not getting it sorry

thanks

Referring to someone who ports their number to another network.... They will have a new SIM with no history.

You have kept your old SIM, rather than porting the number to a new network.

Archived