Ford EcoSport vs Toyota C-HR

1 minute ago, transam said:

Think I would be more adventurous with the colour.:stoner:

2018-ford-Raptor-Front-Three-Quarter.jpg.e16e6d0b3ccc53072b9911f4436b2c4b.jpg

They do the Toyo in this nice colour, looked at one yesterday. A Marmite Vehicle. rather tiny, could fit in back of the Mellon Humper.  liked it but stupid price.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zendo said:

A Ford Raptor ?? Are u seriuous ??

That's funny ! Thanks for the entertemning post ! And have fun in the parkings mall with the biggest truck ever made... 

You made my day, thanks, lol ?

36mm longer than a Ranger?   really?  you are worried about that?

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

They do the Toyo in this nice colour, looked at one yesterday. A Marmite Vehicle. rather tiny, could fit in back of the Mellon Humper.  liked it but stupid price.

which model?

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

What engine?

http://www.headlightmag.com/offcial-price-ford-ranger-raptor-thailand/

they only will have the 2.0 Turbo, 10 gears

Diesel 2.0 EcoBlue Bi-Turbo

Diesel Engine EcoBlue TDCi 4-cylinder petrol 2.0 liter 1,996 cc. (Interoperability between High-Pressure (HP Turbo) High-pressure turbo and Low-Pressure (LP Turbo) turbo Controlled by Bypass Valve. Maximum power is 213 hp (PS). Maximum torque is 500 Nm. Equipped with 10-speed automatic transmission with gear shift at Paddle Shift.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

36mm longer than a Ranger?   really?  you are worried about that?

I am not worried, i have a c-hr ?

i tought you bought the f150 raptor.. But i found out that it's the ranger raptor, smaller but still a big truck made for 4wheel drive in hard core paths.. For fun, not for going shopping at bigC... Just my opinion.

i know, if i don't like what you say i better not post here but why did you start that thread so ?

about the price ... The ford raptor is just the double price of ecosport, still logical decision ??.. I had fun on this post, thanks for the amazing people.

Just now, Zendo said:

I am not worried, i have a c-hr ?

i tought you bought the f150 raptor.. But i found out that it's the ranger raptor, smaller but still a big truck made for 4wheel drive in hard core paths.. For fun, not for going shopping at bigC... Just my opinion.

i know, if i don't like what you say i better not post here but why did you start that thread so ?

about the price ... The ford raptor is just the double price of ecosport, still logical decision ??.. I had fun on this post, thanks for the amazing people.

I'm almost certain to buy the raptor as it became apparent that none of the cars we discussed fitted what I wanted. The C-HR I don't like the 'Juke' style but it still topped the list.  As you know, because I mentioned it 3 times, i already own a Juke which i will use for shopping malls, city center etc. 

I agree the raptor is really made for off-road etc. I don't do off-road but I do live outside the city and, as I mentioned, I like to go to large garden centers and buy shrubs etc. and I like to go to go buy art stuff etc. and a pick-up is much better for that. The ecosport, as mentioned by other posters, lacks power etc.

The Toyota is the only contender and I think you have a great car there. I just wish it didn't look like a copy of my Juke!  The ford raptor is NOT on sale in Thailand right now so I have time. September is the launch date I think.

9 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

C-HR? I agree all the Toyota range has easy servicing here and are very reliable. 

The same as their trucks...

Their 6 speed auto has everything you need with the torque available that they have at low rpm and through the rev range....

14 minutes ago, transam said:

The same as their trucks...

Their 6 speed auto has everything you need with the torque available that they have at low rpm and through the rev range....

Very good point and I'll get to a dealer and take a gander. You probably realize I'm a bit 'all over the place' with this choice   lol

25 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I agree the raptor is really made for off-road etc. I don't do off-road but I do live outside the city and, as I mentioned, I like to go to large garden centers and buy shrubs etc. and I like to go to go buy art stuff etc. and a pick-up is much better for that. The ecosport, as mentioned by other posters, lacks power etc.

The Toyota is the only contender and I think you have a great car there. I The ford raptor is NOT on sale in Thailand right now so I have time. September is the launch date I think.

I am totaly agree, i don't like the nissan juke and never i did.

For the raptor, i've seen it on bigC struggling to find a place the other day, it was 15 days ago and i tell you that was a HUGE truck ! So it is already available, maybe not same version as you wish.

I also considered to buy the wildtrack but when test drive I didn't like it: too much vibration everywhere, my back says noway! It is so heavy and not agile enough, pickups are still trucks with a suv interior but the driving will never be as comfortable. Now we know also that no suv or sedan can beat the usable trunck space and off road capabilities.

My neighbour bought the wildtrack. So when i need it, i just borrow it ?

Did you try the nissan xtrail already, hybrid version is a good suv, best sales in EU ?

3 minutes ago, Zendo said:

I am totaly agree, i don't like the nissan juke and never i did.

For the raptor, i've seen it on bigC struggling to find a place the other day, it was 15 days ago and i tell you that was a HUGE truck ! So it is already available, maybe not same version as you wish.

I also considered to buy the wildtrack but when test drive I didn't like it: too much vibration everywhere, my back says noway! It is so heavy and not agile enough, pickups are still trucks with a suv interior but the driving will never be as comfortable. Now we know also that no suv or sedan can beat the usable trunck space and off road capabilities.

My neighbour bought the wildtrack. So when i need it, i just borrow it ?

Did you try the nissan xtrail already, hybrid version is a good suv, best sales in EU ?

Might be the 150 import?  I went to Ford and the Ranger Raptor is due September but another thing I just noticed it's actually 150mm wider than the Ranger and the ranger looks huge to me already. Back to the drawing board  lol.

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Very good point and I'll get to a dealer and take a gander. You probably realize I'm a bit 'all over the place' with this choice   lol

It's good to talk.....If I lived in the USA the Raptor would probably be high on my list because they have backup on every corner, but sadly in LOS that is not the case..

I would also worry about having a small displacement  bi-turbo ride and having a problem with it here..

If I was someone who was lucky enough to change my ride every couple of years l may think differently...

If I had the cash l would go for the Revo Rocco...My over 10 year old Vigo 4x4 auto tells me that is what l should go for..:stoner:

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Might be the 150 import?  I went to Ford and the Ranger Raptor is due September but another thing I just noticed it's actually 150mm wider than the Ranger and the ranger looks huge to me already. Back to the drawing board  lol.

Yes it was certainly the f150 raptor imported... A real BEAST !

Now for good pickups.. Toyota is THE thing but the nissan Navara is real good too, i just found it less straight than the ranger, i mean you feel more on a boat than a racing car, specially on turns, but some people love that, it's not sporty but comfortable and full options for a decent price and its the only one with the  beer bottle stands on the rear truck door ?

Well, just one more choice to consider that you migh not think about: THE best pickup sales here in LOS is the ISUZU, try it and make your own choice, their 1.5 blue engine is working good, and it can last even more than the good Toyo pickup... So why not ?!

Well, just one more choice to consider that you migh not think about: THE best pickup sales here in LOS is the ISUZU, try it and make your own choice, their 1.5 blue engine is working good, and it can last even more than the good Toyo pickup... So why not ?!

You have info on that...?

1 minute ago, transam said:

You have info on that...?

Yes.

Link like that might give you that info : https://www.marklines.com/en/statistics/flash_sales/salesfig_thailand_2018

I read about the dmax and mg zs huge boist sales in the report for the month of may, can't find now but if you dig you might find it

For the reliabilty of dmax isuzu pick up just ask a farmer nearby.

Yes.

Link like that might give you that info : https://www.marklines.com/en/statistics/flash_sales/salesfig_thailand_2018

I read about the dmax and mg zs huge boist sales in the report for the month of may, can't find now but if you dig you might find it

For the reliabilty of dmax isuzu pick up just ask a farmer nearby.

Thought we were talking about engine longevity and not sales....

Now for your info, Isuzu and Toyota are the Thai benchmark for reliability..Saying an Isuzu will last longer than a Toyota is crap...

10 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Good point, but having a car that doesn't feel like it comes from 1987 helps lessen the horror.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Must confess I have never driven a ride in LOS that feels like a 30 year old ride..But saying that, I have driven rides from the 80's, and before during my life, that were great...

Archived