"Drunk cop" tells Pattaya trader: "I'm special forces - wanna eat lead?"

webfact

"Drunk cop" tells Pattaya trader: "I'm special forces - wanna eat lead?"

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A man claiming to be a Bang Lamung special forces officer threatened another driver at a Pattaya condo.

Then he fled the scene leaving his BMW.

Pattaya police are looking for the alleged cop.

Cops were called to the Niran Grand Condo in Soi Arunothai at 7am Sunday morning by trader Bunsang Nanamchiaw, 47.

He said that he was taking a foreign friend to the condo and had stopped for a moment. He was not in the way at all but the driver of the BMW 323i (license plate ศณ (sor nor) 1276) started hooting his horn then allegedly shouted at him:

"I"m special forces at Bang Lamung police station - wanna eat lead?"

Bunsang said the other man was clearly drunk, reported Thai Rath.

The driver had fled when police arrived. In his car hanging up in the back was a police tunic with the words 'special forces police' in yellow.

Police seized the car and are in the process of summonsing the owner and are trying to ascertain if the man is really a cop at Bang Lamung.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-04

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Police seized the car and are in the process of summonsing the owner and are trying to ascertain if the man is really a cop at Bang Lamung.

Probably a three month investigation then. (Only three months as it's at the same station.)

I sat soi1 and beach rd YESTERDAY june 3rd 1700 hours ,and watched a lone uniformed police officer( as he sat talking to his taxi pals) stopping young asain toursits on scooters(whose only crime was driving too slow and overly cautious),as he( the uniformed officer) stuffed the money in his pocket...this country will never ever change...

Another embolden flatfoot.  The country will not run out of those anytime soon. 

Why haven't we heard from the grand hoo ha lately ?  He has been very quiet lately.  Whoever got him to shut up deserves quite a bit of credit.   

4 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

I am a special foprces cop, I have no brain  and a small todger, but I have a gun. .....typical Thai male stupidity if he is a cop, then even worse. a uniformed idiot 

The guy he accosted was also Thai, and male. Was he equally stupid?

And what is it with some guys and their fixation on male genitalia?

I find it hard to believe that the cops (I use that term very loosely) cannot run the cars plate through the computer to ascertain as to owns it and then check internal databases to see if the owner is (again a loose definition) a cop ??

In the UK that would take less than 3 minutes, I know because I have done it in the UK when I worked for a police force.

18 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I find it hard to believe that the cops (I use that term very loosely) cannot run the cars plate through the computer to ascertain as to owns it and then check internal databases to see if the owner is (again a loose definition) a cop ??

In the UK that would take less than 3 minutes, I know because I have done it in the UK when I worked for a police force.

But Special Forces plate numbers are "blocked", even in the UK. :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

But Special Forces plate numbers are "blocked", even in the UK. :biggrin:

I know that you are joking but I can assure that they are not, there are however, various markers that can be placed on a vehicles record at DVLA in Swansea, usually with a 24 hour contact number, for example, a police force has an under cover team working in various vehicles with multiple registrations ( yes that does happen and is true) they will have what is known a Marker 4 on the vehicle, so if that vehicle gets pinged by ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) systems it will give an immediate message to the police force that owns the vehicle so that they may advise the officers on board can be made aware.

Other markers are available but I'm not at liberty to expand on that :biggrin:  

13 hours ago, shy coconut said:

The guy he accosted was also Thai, and male. Was he equally stupid?

And what is it with some guys and their fixation on male genitalia?

Most probably the same as female fixation on male genitals.  :cheesy:

Pattaya Plod.  It will all turn out to be a misunderstanding.  A wai or even a 500 baht fine and the whole story will be erased.  Still waiting for more news of the lady who was extorted and groped INSIDE the police station - that was last week.

22 hours ago, mok199 said:

I sat soi1 and beach rd YESTERDAY june 3rd 1700 hours ,and watched a lone uniformed police officer( as he sat talking to his taxi pals) stopping young asain toursits on scooters(whose only crime was driving too slow and overly cautious),as he( the uniformed officer) stuffed the money in his pocket...this country will never ever change...

take you tube video of this next time.  inconspicuously of course

On 6/4/2018 at 11:04 AM, mok199 said:

Neither will haters of this town and the police hate..

I know some info. about the cop there.

They are mostly unlicensed Chinese who cannot handle a motorbike and create accidents.

Your comments are 100% false he is not putting their money in his pockets.

Just a big fat false post......

On 6/4/2018 at 11:04 AM, mok199 said:

Did you report him?..... No...... This country will never change.

Archived