Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa Donates Hundreds of Helmets to Local Kids in Third Annual Road Safety Event

webfact

Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa Donates Hundreds of Helmets to Local Kids in Third Annual Road Safety Event

HelmetEvent2018(1).jpg

Hua Hin, Thailand,- Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa is teaming up with several leading hotels and resorts in Hua Hin teach Thai schoolchildren about the importance of motorcycle safety – and specifically, wearing a helmet.

On 30th May 2018, the hotel’s associates joined a major CSR activity at the Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, during which hundreds of kids from local schools will be equipped with motorbike helmets.

Almost 400 children attended the event from three schools in and around Hua Hin: Ban Smor Prong School, Nong Kae School and BoFai School. They were able to enjoy a series of fun activities, including painting their new helmets, while also learning about the critical issue of road safety.

HelmetEvent2018(10)_1.jpg

This annual CSR event was supported by the local government, led by Khun Bussaba Chokesuchat, Deputy Mayor of Hua Hin municipality, Khun Sommai Sooksai, Director of Hua Hin Educational Department, officers from the Hua Hin traffic police and officers from tourist police, who helped to educate the children.

This marks the third consecutive year for this important event, as Hua Hin’s hotel community comes together once again to improve the safety of its children, many of whom are risking their lives each day simply by traveling to and from school.

“Motorcycle safety is one of the most important issues facing children in rural Thailand today. Many kids still travel to and from school by motorbike, but few wear helmets. Often the reason for this is simply that they don’t have a helmet to wear, which is why this initiative is so effective,” said Goetz Bauer, General Manager of the Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa.

“By participating in this helmet event for the third consecutive year we are aiming to educate even more local children about the importance of road safety and wearing a helmet. If the helmets we donate save the life of just one child, this event will have been a tremendous success. I would like to thank everyone for taking part this CSR activity and helping to tackle such an important issue,” Mr Bauer added.

Other hotels taking part in the helmet initiative include Sheraton Hua Hin Resort and Spa, Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas, Intercontinental Hua Hin, Holiday Inn Hua Hin, Cenrara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin, Hyatt Regency Hua Hin & The BARAI, Amari Hua Hin, AVANI Hua Hin Resort & Villas, Anantara Hua Hin Resort and Spa, Ibis Hua Hin Hotel, Chiva-Som International Health Resort and G Hua Hin while San Paolo Hospital Hua Hin also contributes to the event. 

marriot.jpg

4 hours ago, Kyri said:

Most of those kids don't even look the age to be able to be on the roads with a motorcycle. Sending a wrong message to underage drivers.

Maybe many of them ride pillion with parents or older family members.  It's quite common for parents to drive their kids around without a helmet. Maybe the parents may get a little education from this.

Of course, I guess some of those kids do drive themselves.

"officers from the Hua Hin traffic police and officers from tourist police, who helped to educate the children."

Only education I see from police is the weekly road block for tea money. I'm not sure who owns Mariott but I doubt it would be Thai (correct me if I'm wrong), but the education should come from the top. I see most police riding in Hua Hin without a helmet and often on the wrong side of the road or through red lights. Not really the people you want educating the youth.

I support the idea but Thailand needs to get serious about it and many other problems in the LOS. 

On 6/3/2018 at 5:50 AM, faraday said:

Yes, quite agree.

Today they'll be smoking Marijuana, & tomorrow they'll be "banging up China White"

However, 50% voted yes, so what about the other 50%, or is that ignored in the Cannabis jingoism?

On 6/4/2018 at 10:50 PM, HuaHinHim said:

"officers from the Hua Hin traffic police and officers from tourist police, who helped to educate the children."

Only education I see from police is the weekly road block for tea money. I'm not sure who owns Mariott but I doubt it would be Thai (correct me if I'm wrong), but the education should come from the top. I see most police riding in Hua Hin without a helmet and often on the wrong side of the road or through red lights. Not really the people you want educating the youth.

I support the idea but Thailand needs to get serious about it and many other problems in the LOS. 

Marriot is owned by a  CHANG beer tycon

Archived