BANGKOK 19 April 2019 00:13
millwall_fan

Mad Dog's Closed?

I have just heard form a normally reputable source that Mad Dogs bar by the moat has closed down as the landlord has sold the building without telling Nick. If true this would be a very sad end to one of Chiang Mai's longest standing Farang bars. I really hope this news is incorrect. Can anyone confirm or deny it?

• Like 1

Would not be surprised.

Old is not new.  And new is what people (Chinese) want Nimman mall is a good example.

According to Tripadvisor, that bar just south of MD closed a few months ago.  Blue Sky....

Edited by moontang

Thanks for that sanemax! My apologies for the false alarm, TV people! Great news though. Mad Dogs has provided decent food and beer since I first came to Thailand back in 1900 and frozen stiff.

33 minutes ago, millwall_fan said:

Thanks for that sanemax! My apologies for the false alarm, TV people! Great news though. Mad Dogs has provided decent food and beer since I first came to Thailand back in 1900 and frozen stiff.

Just had breakfast there this morning, from what Nick says he has about a year or two left on his lease. The landlord had mentioned a while back about building a hotel on the property but the last time I ask Nick he had heard no more. Building a smal guest house or hotel isn't a good idea at present the police have been going around giving the small places a bad time, no one really knows where they stand at present

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moontang said:

According to Tripadvisor, that bar just south of MD closed a few months ago.  Blue Sky....

That is still open as well .

Although Spotlight has closed , but they re opened around the corner , where the old Spicey used to be . (The Spicey  around the corner from where it is now)

DSCF2167.JPG

DSCF2170.JPG

• Like 1

I would never patronize that dump. They allow smoking in there! I know they do because as you walk by, you can smell the cigarette smoke!

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

I would never patronize that dump. They allow smoking in there! I know they do because as you walk by, you can smell the cigarette smoke!

Smoking isnt allowed in there , people stand outside and smoke

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

That is still open as well .

Although Spotlight has closed , but they re opened around the corner , where the old Spicey used to be . (The Spicey  around the corner from where it is now)

DSCF2167.JPG

DSCF2170.JPG

Does this mean that Spotlight has lost it`s Gogo status and is now just a plain beerbar?

Edited by cyberfarang

11 hours ago, millwall_fan said:

I do believe you must be the absolutely oldest TV member ever!  To what do you ascribe your longevity?  MD's food and beer?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

I do believe you must be the absolutely oldest TV member ever!  To what do you ascribe your longevity?  MD's food and beer?

sorry, some of us members were here before MD even opened.  Tell Nick i miss the sesame seeds he used

to put on the outer crust.   All in all he has maintained good quality all these years.....so deserves credit !

Not many places can do that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1