Mad Dog's Closed?

millwall_fan

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 6/5/2018 at 12:06 AM, cyberfarang said:

Does this mean that Spotlight has lost it`s Gogo status and is now just a plain beerbar?

No.  It's better than ever, actually.

23 hours ago, idman said:

Spotlight is still the best Go Go bar in Chiang Mai, even at the new location.  The layout is OK but is a far cryfrom the original site.  Not to my liking as the oval shape bar is not at the new location.  The talent level however is still the same, top shelf stuff.

Can we compromise on the stuff being at least closer to the top shelf than the bottom one, relative to other tourist bars around Thailand?

21 hours ago, millwall_fan said:

When you say Spotlight is still the best Go-Go bar in Chiang Mai......isn't it the only Go-Go bar in Chiang Mai? Know ye of any others? 

Foxy Lady.

17 hours ago, rumak said:

This truly is one time I just have to say ......"you should have been here 20 years ago ! "

20 years ago wasn't exactly top shelf either.   It's probably better now, although 20 years ago the girls spoke better Thai.   

There are two go go bars in Chiang Mai, Foxy Lady just down the side Soi on the left from the Le Meridian hotel and my favorite, Spotlight.  To the person who questioned my opinion regarding the quality of the girls at Spotlight try going there, then for a laugh go compare them to what is at Foxy Lady.  Unless you are blind and dumb as a rock the issue is not in doubt.  I await your groveling apology.

19 minutes ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

20 years ago wasn't exactly top shelf either.   It's probably better now, although 20 years ago the girls spoke better Thai.   

I think if you took a poll of us oldtimers we would all agree that there were no fatties around at that time.

I will admit that the last time i had a beer there was a few years ago,  and really thought i had got lost and ended up in Maerim at the elephant show.

Maybe things have changed (though what I see IN GENERAL is that the lovely slender thai ladies of the past are an endangered species).    If SL has managed to get some lookers i stand corrected.   

and..... i hope i have your permission to use your quote :  No woman No kwai  .  Did you come up with that yourself ?     One of my 2 favorites on TV

33 minutes ago, idman said:

There are two go go bars in Chiang Mai, Foxy Lady just down the side Soi on the left from the Le Meridian hotel and my favorite, Spotlight.  To the person who questioned my opinion regarding the quality of the girls at Spotlight try going there, then for a laugh go compare them to what is at Foxy Lady.  Unless you are blind and dumb as a rock the issue is not in doubt.  I await your groveling apology.

pretty hostile way to say that you disagree.   Go have a look would have sufficed....... 

29 minutes ago, rumak said:

I will admit that the last time i had a beer there was a few years ago,  and really thought i had got lost and ended up in Maerim at the elephant show.

They are just trying to blend in with the customers. Do you by chance have a mirror (big) at home?

40 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

They are just trying to blend in with the customers. Do you by chance have a mirror (big) at home?

are you guessing that I am overweight ?  We could make a friendly wager

if that is the case   ?

On 6/6/2018 at 9:16 AM, scottiejohn said:

Are you sure they were "farmer's daughters" and not the framers themselves!

The girls who were performing back then are probably the mothers of those performing nowadays! Mind you after a few beers it wouldn't really matter if it was still the mothers!! 

30 minutes ago, millwall_fan said:

The girls who were performing back then are probably the mothers of those performing nowadays! Mind you after a few beers it wouldn't really matter if it was still the mothers!! 

With all your experience I am sure you would know but at their age how do the old dears get their Zimmer frames onto the stage?

On 6/4/2018 at 9:41 PM, elektrified said:

I would never patronize that dump. They allow smoking in there! I know they do because as you walk by, you can smell the cigarette smoke!

It's a classy place, with or without cigarette smoke.

1 minute ago, suzannegoh said:

It's a classy place, with or without cigarette smoke.

I wouldnt label it as being "classy" , although "classy" in Thailand could mean a place with no prostitutes, so, in that sense , it is indeed classy .

I do appreciate the "couldnt care less " attitude of the staff , no fake smiles , not trying to get you to buy them a drink or even trying to converse with you . 

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

I wouldnt label it as being "classy" , although "classy" in Thailand could mean a place with no prostitutes, so, in that sense , it is indeed classy .

I do appreciate the "couldnt care less " attitude of the staff , no fake smiles , not trying to get you to buy them a drink or even trying to converse with you . 

haha  i think they would prefer if you don't try to converse .   Actually,  i know at least 3 of them that have been there for a long time,  and they work hard and are good girls...well, ladies now  

So does anyone KNOW if Mad Dog has been issued a termination of Lease ?

john

Not been in MD for a couple of years and Spotlight for many years and I remember no 33 from a bar on Suckhumvit, the girl with the Horizontal "Chest".

4 hours ago, jonwilly said:

john

Not been in MD for a couple of years and Spotlight for many years and I remember no 33 from a bar on Suckhumvit, the girl with the Horizontal "Chest".

Nature dictates that these days they would likely be the opposite to horizontal. 

9 hours ago, jonwilly said:

john

I would have liked to have seen that......, do you think a bloke could hang his hat on 1 of them ?

"do you think a bloke could hang his hat on 1 of them ? "

As we used to say, when I wuz a lad, You could stand a Pint Pot of Ale on them and not spill a drop. Horizontal or at least 89 degrees.

john

Can't remember the name of the Bar located in area of the Original Thermae, but owner moved the bar to Soi Cowboy, he passed away a couple of years ago, fell from a balcony if I remember correctly.

On 6/4/2018 at 7:47 PM, chingmai331 said:

How's the pizza at MD's?  Mushroom and peppers plus cold beer the best.

they sell a UNHAPPY PIZZA, especially for the brooders that gather there.

There is a very diverse group of patrons that eat at Maddog. That makes enjoying a meal there a lot more interesting.  You have the old ExPats who constantly piss and moan about everything in general, the Twatpackers who come there in their standard issue dress tank top, raggedy shorts, flip flops and their body art.  Finally, the Chinese who want to experince "fine" Western cuisine at a fraction of the cost.  

2 minutes ago, idman said:

There is a very diverse group of patrons that eat at Maddog. That makes enjoying a meal there a lot more interesting.  You have the old ExPats who constantly piss and moan about everything in general, the Twatpackers who come there in their standard issue dress tank top, raggedy shorts, flip flops and their body art.  Finally, the Chinese who want to experince "fine" Western cuisine at a fraction of the cost.  

How would you describe yourself ?

32 minutes ago, idman said:

It's the pall of cigarette smoke + one person drinking at tables for four that stopped us from going there....But we were trying to get food.....

37 minutes ago, idman said:

?Just can't wait to get there and boogie with those three groups.

6 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

It's the pall of cigarette smoke + one person drinking at tables for four that stopped us from going there....But we were trying to get food.....

Smoking has been banned and the pool table has been removed , so there are plenty of seats available, although they only have one table for two

Archived