Mad Dog's Closed?

millwall_fan

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Smoking has been banned and the pool table has been removed , so there are plenty of seats available, although they only have one table for two

Thanks....Good to know......

There's 4 of us....

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, sanemax said:

Smoking has been banned and the pool table has been removed , so there are plenty of seats available, although they only have one table for two

And of course that is no way the original location of the Blue sky. Maybe 4th reboot? 

28 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

And of course that is no way the original location of the Blue sky. Maybe 4th reboot? 

Yes, I have seen the blue sky in various places , Chiang Mai, Bangkok , Costa Del Sol , Cosat rica among other places , although Ive never seen it in London, its usually grey and overcast there

On 6/10/2018 at 12:46 PM, idman said:

There is a very diverse group of patrons that eat at Maddog. That makes enjoying a meal there a lot more interesting.  You have the old ExPats who constantly piss and moan about everything in general, the Twatpackers who come there in their standard issue dress tank top, raggedy shorts, flip flops and their body art.  Finally, the Chinese who want to experince "fine" Western cuisine at a fraction of the cost.  

Where does that leave the feminazi NGO  soldiers?

• 4 months later...
On 6/5/2018 at 12:06 PM, idman said:

Maddog will close and move to a new location.  The English owner is planning on re-opening and is actively looking for a suitable location.  The only remaining question is the actual date the current location will close its door. 

I use to buy Pizzas there 04-07, they upped the price and  .... BUT I was driving by this morning early and the signs have been removed from the wall. I assume its closed but will do a walk by sometime this weekend. I watched the 07 World Series here with a Bostonian who was giving me the lurid details about spygate. The series was boring as heck. Everything he said was true although it took a decade for it to come out and the NFL did not take away the three championships Hah.

I heard about this place and recently went there to eat and watch a game.

A hole of a place.

Just the rudiest laziest bunch of staff.  Sitting in the back on their phones unfriendly and acting annoyed if you ask for any service.

Terribly managed waste of time.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

A hole of a place.

Just the rudiest laziest bunch of staff.  Sitting in the back on their phones unfriendly and acting annoyed if you ask for any service.

It hasn't declined as much as John's...been miserable from the get go...both remain open, though, which is more than countless others can say.

I drove by yesterday and yes, open and at least one customer.

However if they are going to be open for 'a year maybe two', why did they remove those round Mad Dog logos?! If you happen by when the shutters are down, you think they are gone.

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

A hole of a place.

Stopped going there LONG ago....misery loves company..hence the grumpy grandpas

I never really liked mad dogs, it was too farang oriented for me.

most farang in cm hang in a handful of farang catering venues and almost never goto a local bar or local market for groceries. I know, lived there 5 years. I can count on two hands the number of farang who walked into a local nearby market in that time. Even then they were not actively shopping.

2 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

most farang in cm hang in a handful of farang catering venues and almost never goto a local bar or local market for groceries. I know, lived there 5 years. I can count on two hands the number of farang who walked into a local nearby market in that time. Even then they were not actively shopping.

Times have changed...

On 6/5/2018 at 1:58 PM, millwall_fan said:

When you say Spotlight is still the best Go-Go bar in Chiang Mai......isn't it the only Go-Go bar in Chiang Mai? Know ye of any others? 

Star six was always the best with their 11pm 'talent shows'. Across the Soi from the Loi Kroh boxing ring.

Foxy Lady average, behind D2 Hotel in the soi running parallel to the night Bazaar.

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Foxy Lady average, behind D2 Hotel in the soi running parallel to the night Bazaar.

In 2007 at the conclusion of filming of Rambo 4 Sylvester Stallone comped out the entire operation for a private party. He was in the VIP booth that was in the corner and to your left as you entered. The police had the complete Soi blocked off (soi2). The rest of the film crew had their party just up aways at the Peak Entreatment Center.

14 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Stopped going there LONG ago....misery loves company..hence the grumpy grandpas

What would you like?

Would you want the other customers to come and talk to you and to entertain you ?

If so, why dont you go and talk to them first ?

5 hours ago, khwaibah said:

In 2007 at the conclusion of filming of Rambo 4 Sylvester Stallone comped out the entire operation for a private party. He was in the VIP booth that was in the corner and to your left as you entered. The police had the complete Soi blocked off (soi2). The rest of the film crew had their party just up aways at the Peak Entreatment Center.

Thanks for that invaluable information , it was just yesterday that I was wondering to myself where the Rambo filming crew held their  filming completion party in 2007, now I know

9 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

Where did you get your "most farang" figures from ?

Has there been some kind of survey asking the majority of ferangs about which places they go to ?

Are you basing your statement on reliable figures from a survey asking most ferangs in CM or are you figures based on your handful of friends ?

i am now confuse if this thread is now about mad dog? or about go go bars? or about people who go to eat food but rather take notice of the age of other patrons there or dress codes. so much bullshit comes out of this forum its amazing. some of you think you are perfect beings who are immortal and will never age. <deleted>. before looking down at others, look at the mirror. anyone can slag off others. at least the business is still running and says a lot that the owner is running a profitable premise. compared to many businesses that have come and gone. can any of you running a business here tell us for sure that your staff dont stare the phones as much as they can? many good legit businesses providing the best they can to the international community. lets not be too critical of issues that are nothing really. 

the signs are being replaced with newer ones. hence the signs down. business is operating as usual. The saying goes if you got nothing good to say, better to just shut up!

i am now confuse if this thread is now about mad dog? or about go go bars? or about people who go to eat food but rather take notice of the age of other patrons there or dress codes. so much bullshit comes out of this forum its amazing. some of you think you are perfect beings who are immortal and will never age. . before looking down at others, look at the mirror. anyone can slag off others. at least the business is still running and says a lot that the owner is running a profitable premise. compared to many businesses that have come and gone. can any of you running a business here tell us for sure that your staff dont stare the phones as much as they can? many good legit businesses providing the best they can to the international community. lets not be too critical of issues that are nothing really. 

the signs are being replaced with newer ones. hence the signs down. business is operating as usual. The saying goes if you got nothing good to say, better to just shut up!
You sound like a regular mad dog customer, so I guess you would know...

Sent from my CPH1701 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived