Mad Dog's Closed?

millwall_fan

3 hours ago, khwaibah said:

oooohh, you're a naughty boy !    can't believe there's a link to that.   can't still be there, is it ??

more of a daytime place as i remember.   good place on a hot day to stop in for an ice tea ( wink,wink)

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok talked to Nick this morning and the owners of the property have deciced not to build new hotel on that property because of the new rules and regulation about hotels. Also if you ask for HP they have some in the refrigerator. Mad Dogs is not closing any time in the future

Just now, moe666 said:

Also if you ask for HP they have some in the refrigerator. 

Its times like this that you truly admire the wonders of the information super highway .

HP sauce in the fridge ?

Dont suppose you know where he hides that bottle of sarsons malt vinegar, do you ?

On 3/17/2019 at 8:43 PM, sanemax said:

Mad Dog no longer has brown HP sauce ????

for a good reason. HP Sauce is expensive and some customers pour half a bottle into a dish they order. his food prices i believe are pretty reasonable as it is. 

On 3/17/2019 at 8:58 PM, sanemax said:

Its times like this that you truly admire the wonders of the information super highway .

HP sauce in the fridge ?

Dont suppose you know where he hides that bottle of sarsons malt vinegar, do you ?

????

You want mint sauce and Marmite also?

Maybe cook the fries in Lardon?

HAHA...

3 minutes ago, DonDoRondo said:

I've noticed that at the Duke's in Promenade when sitting down they give you a menu and place the ketchup and mustard bottles on the table.  They also make sure to remove both the bottles as you're paying the check.  Must have a problem with condiment thievery. 

Uh, they mostly do not have condiments for every table so they will take them to another.

Or, take them in back to refill.

Has nothing to do with theft of a bottle of ketchup.

Geez, how dumb....

34 minutes ago, DonDoRondo said:

I've noticed that at the Duke's in Promenade when sitting down they give you a menu and place the ketchup and mustard bottles on the table.  

That is a signal to get up and leave.  If you need ketchup and mustard their food must not taste very good.

On 10/28/2018 at 6:31 AM, bkk6060 said:

I heard about this place and recently went there to eat and watch a game.

A hole of a place.

Just the rudiest laziest bunch of staff.  Sitting in the back on their phones unfriendly and acting annoyed if you ask for any service.

Terribly managed waste of time.

Maybe they'd prefer to work in a place that has no customers?

MadDog is a little gem that has been serving the hungry and thirsty for many years. Nick is a great guy and has kept his prices low despite inflation. Good choices on the menu, good selection for booze, enough TVs to satisfy sports lovers needs. So what if the girls don't go out of their way to kiss your ar...se, it's not a social club it's a business and Nick runs it as such.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, lipflipper said:

it's a business and Nick runs it as such.

Well, he certainly has done a poor job training his staff in providing  a semi friendly service.

Maybe he could start with some service training not a scowl and a sigh when ordering or bringing the food on a simple order.  And gee, sorry to bother them for something when they are on their phones.

Maybe that is Nick's and your idea of running a proper business good luck.

14 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, he certainly has done a poor job training his staff in providing  a semi friendly service.

Maybe he could start with some service training not a scowl and a sigh when ordering or bringing the food on a simple order.  And gee, sorry to bother them for something when they are on their phones.

Maybe that is Nick's and your idea of running a proper business good luck.

I do prefer that kind of genuine attitude , rather than young pretty girls pretending that they are pleased to see you .

They always get your order right  , bring you what you ordered , rather than bringing you something that you didnt order , which happened frequently in other places .

I was in there the other day and a waitress came over and said "You want a Chang" , I said "No" and she said "Oh OK" and walked away .

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do prefer that kind of genuine attitude , rather than young pretty girls pretending that they are pleased to see you .

That tired old line. They don't have to "pretend" diddly, they just have to do their job without a scowl. And at a somewhat motivated pace. No one is asking them to smile and blurt out hansome man stuff. 

BTW they used to have a few who did it that way; decent customer service -not the handsome man- stuff back in the aughts. AT one time I spent a chunk a change in that place. Unfortunately, they upped the price on certain items, priced themselves out of the market and their service went from ok to mediocre/haphazard. 

17 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

That tired old line. They don't have to "pretend" diddly, they just have to do their job without a scowl. And at a somewhat motivated pace. No one is asking them to smile and be blurt out hansome man stuff. 

BTW they used to have a few who did it that way; decent customer service not the handsome man stuff back in the aughts. AT one time I spent a chunk a change in that place. Unfortunately, they upped the price on certain items, priced themselves out of the market and their service went from ok to mediocre/haphazard. 

Ihavent noticed any "scowls" at all , maybe they just didnt like you ?

Just now, sanemax said:

Ihavent noticed any "scowls" at all , maybe they just didnt like you ?

Well yours is a typical newby reaction.

Scowl is a harsh term how about ... Not a scowl an exasperated bored look, not that there were many customers in the place. So youknew whatever you ordered, would take its time getting to you.

1 minute ago, LomSak27 said:

Well yours is a typical newby reaction.

Scowl is a harsh term how about ... Not a scowl an exasperated bored look, not that there were many customers in the place. So youknew whatever you ordered, would take its time getting to you.

What kind of look would you like them to have on their faces ?

Did you ask them to change their facial expressions ?

5 hours ago, stillhereandlovinit said:

Id be scowling if I had to listen to the redneck hillbilly 1950's music all day. Its like something from Texas chainsaw massacre.

Well it is obvious that you must not have spent all day in Mad Dog as Nick has a large and varied library of music which is definitely not all 50's or any other type of music and is normally played in a "random" mode.

You cannot judge a bar's music, or much else, in the short length of time that you obviously claim that you spent there.  

Nick, if you are reading this - keep up your present practices etc, you know your real patrons support you.

On 3/22/2019 at 4:03 PM, suzannegoh said:
On 3/22/2019 at 1:33 PM, Dante99 said:
That is a signal to get up and leave.  If you need ketchup and mustard their food must not taste very good.

If you have that complaint about Duke's then you're really not going to like Mad Dog's.

dukes food overseasoned for my taste. (and over priced).   and yes,  i was there when it first opened and used to enjoy it ...for a while.    i like mad dog's fare better.    just my opinion, of course

every few years someone complains about the staff   ????        not easy to always smile and be in a good mood, especially when there are always some people complaining about something or trying to make that farang small talk.      I think they do ok...generally

Just now, rumak said:
On 3/22/2019 at 4:03 PM, suzannegoh said:
On 3/22/2019 at 1:33 PM, Dante99 said:

If you have that complaint about Duke's then you're really not going to like Mad Dog's.

dukes food overseasoned for my taste. (and over priced).   and yes,  i was there when it first opened and used to enjoy it ...for a while.    i like mad dog's fare better.    just my opinion, of course

Is it "overseasoned" now, is that what the official/unoffical Dukes complaint line is this year?!  :biggrin:  Hey, I like to keep up to date on these things.

Got nothing against Mad Dog, put a lot of money in the place back in the aughts. On the other hand there is nothing that stands out, no reason to make the journey from where i am living now, foodwise or staff. 

Keeping the HP locked in fridge says everything about the owner and the clientele. Actually I will tell that to a few cohorts still here. Good for a  laugh.

4 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:
21 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Keeping the HP locked in fridge says everything about the owner and the clientele. 

You should have seen the amount of parmesan some people were shovelling onto their spaghetti!

????

Is it "overseasoned" now, is that what the official/unoffical Dukes complaint line is this year?!  biggrin.gif&key=5623a6f3298f719f3c769c570835889d92086c776f18f3187c5566e93c93ad18  Hey, I like to keep up to date on these things.

"mediocre but civilized" is how I’d describe Duke’s. It’s about like an Applebee’s or a Bennigans in the States, whereas Mad Dog’s more like a greasy spoon diner that caters to day drinkers.

1 hour ago, suzannegoh said:

"mediocre but civilized" is how I’d describe Duke’s. It’s about like an Applebee’s or a Bennigans in the States, whereas Mad Dog’s more like a greasy spoon diner that caters to day drinkers.

That really is a perfect description.

Duke"s is a little above a Denny's I guess. 

For you Earslings who pitch a bit...ch about the H P change have you checked the price lately in the markets. No, I didnt think so because if you had you would realize that Nick is right to take it out of the baskets on the tables and only supply it when requested. How many times when you been at MadDog or other similar eating establishments and seen loud, uncout Brits and Aussies pour half a bottle of H P sauce on their food?? It is no longer cost effective to allow that to continue on a daily basis.

I thought for a moment he locked it away because people were putting it in their beer. Thanks for clearing that up.

[emoji6]

For you Earslings who pitch a bit...ch about the H P change have you checked the price lately in the markets. No, I didnt think so because if you had you would realize that Nick is right to take it out of the baskets on the tables and only supply it when requested. How many times when you been at MadDog or other similar eating establishments and seen loud, uncout Brits and Aussies pour half a bottle of H P sauce on their food?? It is no longer cost effective to allow that to continue on a daily basis.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived