Breaking: French man released without charge after allegations of rape from British teen

snoop1130

Breaking: French man released without charge after allegations of rape from British teen

1pm.jpg.0623319a2d5e8a1503cebddaacb04a2b.jpg

Image: Daily News

The French man arrested in Phuket in April after a British 18 year old claimed that she had been raped on Koh Tao has been set free.

Thaivisa understands that no charges were laid against him.

Yohann Michel Tounga Mbouka was given his passport back though his whereabouts at this time have not yet been confirmed. 

Back at the beginning of April the British woman who woke up beside him claimed she had been drugged and raped.

She contacted friends in England and the British Embassy in Bangkok was alerted. She said she had been raped by a black man. 

Thaivisa has been told that contrary to initial claims by police that they had evidence there was in fact none.

Mr Mbouka claimed that the sex the couple had was consensual. 

It is said that the ordeal had cost Mr Mbouka 12,000 Euros to get bail and in other costs. 

More about this as we hear of it. 

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-6-4

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know what happened. Only he and the girl do. The prosecutor has obviously decided there is no evidence and as such, the man is considered not guilty. I hope that is indeed the case.

This does show very clearly the problem with the police parading everyone they arrest and making claims of evidence and guilt, when in fact they have none. People get vilified and their lives ruined.

I have yet to see anyone make a successful claim against the cops, for basically lying to the press, to make their arrest sound kosher, when it often isn't. Suspects in these sort of cases need to have their identity withheld and only released as and when they are actually found guilty.

2 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I do not know what happened. Only he and the girl do. The prosecutor has obviously decided there is no evidence and as such, the man is considered not guilty. I hope that is indeed the case.

This does show very clearly the problem with the police parading everyone they arrest and making claims of evidence and guilt, when in fact they have none. People get vilified and their lives ruined.

I have yet to see anyone make a successful claim against the cops, for basically lying to the press, to make their arrest sound kosher, when it often isn't. Suspects in these sort of cases need to have their identity withheld and only released as and when they are actually found guilty.

The evidence I seen was inconclusive she was walking with the guy to his hotel (could be pushed by wrist was not clear from the images). So obviously the cops interviewed the people in the bar and decided the girl went with the guy out of her own free wil. 

Poor guy arrested and made a lot of cost, it can be dangerous being a guy. Though one would think he would get his bail back after no charges have been laid. 

Would be interested to hear more about this as this still does not explain much. I would certainly be pissed of if this happened to me. Better not take any girls back to your hotel if they have been drinking. 

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

More to the point, don't bring back a woman or girl who is so drunk and/or drugged that she won't remember how she got there come morning.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I would normally not take a woman that drunk with me.. but if I were really drunk too wonder who would be guilty then. Though sex would be out of the question if i was really drunk I would be sleeping the moment my head would hit a pillow.

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Better not take any girls back to your hotel if they have been drinking. 

Man, if I had stuck to that rule I would still be a virgin.

In Thailand, best to stick to local girls, if you want to avoid trouble.

I avoid all encounters of any kind with women while in the UK.

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

More to the point, don't bring back a woman or girl who is so drunk and/or drugged that she won't remember how she got there come morning.

While I agree with that, there have been a number of occasions in my past, when I have woken up beside a girl and have no idea who she is, or where I met her. That demon drink swings both ways. 

I never complained though.

1 minute ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

While I agree with that, there have been a number of occasions in my past, when I have woken up beside a girl and have no idea who she is, or where I met her. That demon drink swings both ways. 

I never complained though.

I can still remember my brother complaining after having taken a party drug and waking up with older quite unattractive lady. We still have good laughs about it sometimes. So yes it works both ways. 

It certainly works both ways but a man in that situation does not usually think he was raped....whereas a woman may intend suspect it (in some cases correctly.

There is something of a built in fails afe for men in that if so wasted that you pass out, you will not be able to perform. Whereas it is physically possible to have sex with an unconscious or semi-conscious woman

7 hours ago, robblok said:

I can still remember my brother complaining after having taken a party drug and waking up with older quite unattractive lady. We still have good laughs about it sometimes. So yes it works both ways. 

I once woke up besides something so ugly, I just got up and left the house.  Problem was, it was my house.

I kept sliding by to see if she had gone, but she didn't get the message and leave till late afternoon.  Very shameful day that one.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

It certainly works both ways but a man in that situation does not usually think he was raped....whereas a woman may intend suspect it (in some cases correctly.

There is something of a built in fails afe for men in that if so wasted that you pass out, you will not be able to perform. Whereas it is physically possible to have sex with an unconscious or semi-conscious woman

No "failsafe" if the woman uses a strap-on.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Why against the cops? The claim by the guy should be against the girl.

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

in the UK that is a technical rape, it basically comes down to the person being so incapacitated that they were unable to say no, that could be for many reasons, but it shouldn't matter, incapacitated is what it is, very simple to understand,  it is unlikely that Thailand would ever understand the concept.

a few stupid comments on this thread 

I can think of no time when I was so incapacitated that a woman took advantage.

I can think of a few situations were I have intervened when someone has tried to take advantage of a girl who was totally incapacitated, all of you know about these situations and the hard truth is that you could have ended up in serious trouble, you being drunk is no excuse when someone is completely incapacitated, spin it whatever way you want.....drugged drunk or whatever - incapacitated is something very obvious to all of us...…………..none responsive 

Oh and the Thai mentality is - she should never have got into that state in the first place.....her own fault, how (deleted) up is that

3 hours ago, smedly said:

a few stupid comments on this thread 

I can think of no time when I was so incapacitated that a woman took advantage.

I can think of a few situations were I have intervened when someone has tried to take advantage of a girl who was totally incapacitated, all of you know about these situations and the hard truth is that you could have ended up in serious trouble, you being drunk is no excuse when someone is completely incapacitated, spin it whatever way you want.....drugged drunk or whatever - incapacitated is something very obvious to all of us...…………..none responsive 

Oh and the Thai mentality is - she should never have got into that state in the first place.....her own fault, how (deleted) up is that

a few stupid comments on the thread including yours. the thai mentality? what are you talking about. it's the same the world over, how (deleted) up is that?

it was an honest question since i have zero clue about it,

anyway i'm taking it there's no refund,

which begs the question: why would anyone piss away money on bail

unless he already have a plan in hand to move to a country without extradition ?

A friend of mine woke up once in a house in the suburbs of Bristol, his new squeeze having already departed for work. He looked out of the window and realised he did not have a clue where he was. Eventually found a letter with the address on it, so was able to call a taxi to take him home. The evils of drink!

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Whereas it is physically possible to have sex with an unconscious or semi-conscious woman.

Well, by my standards this wouldn't be "having sex". More like: "penetration with subsequent ejaculation". Even stray dogs do better.

Archived