Breaking: French man released without charge after allegations of rape from British teen

snoop1130

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No way does a woman who wakes up regretting her action then file rape charges as a solution.

Yet there was that Dutch tourist in Chiang Mai accusing 3 of gang rape, and it turned out to be 2 couples in the room.

Then the Australian woman who accused three men in Phuket.

So I'm not sure of the reasoning behind false accusations, but it certainly happens, and quite often.

It isn't drunken blackouts as the accuser often tells a detailed and completely false story.

I was thinking the accusations are more likely some form of mental illness and/or attention seeking than regret.

Thank you ThaiVisa, and well done  - at last a follow up to to a previous story.

Too often we read the original article, and then nothing more - especially when it involves certain people being moved to "inactive posts"!

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

No way does a woman who wakes up regretting her action then file rape charges as a solution. What she wants in such a situation is to put it behind her, have as few people know as possible, not turn it into an ongoing saga which she will be questioned about extensively and will become widely known.

For sure she believed she had been drugged and taken advantage of. What we have no way of knowing is whether she is correct or jumped to a wrong conclusion because she could not really remember.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"No way does a woman who wakes up regretting her action then file rape charges as a solution."

Rubbish - it happens all the time. I personally know of cases where exactly that happens - especially if there are going to be repercussions from a third party e.g boyfriend, family members etc. 

18 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I once woke up besides something so ugly, I just got up and left the house.  Problem was, it was my house.

I kept sliding by to see if she had gone, but she didn't get the message and leave till late afternoon.  Very shameful day that one.

Yeah happened to me once.......had to chew my own arm off to get away without waking her/it.

18 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I once woke up besides something so ugly, I just got up and left the house.  Problem was, it was my house.

I kept sliding by to see if she had gone, but she didn't get the message and leave till late afternoon.  Very shameful day that one.

Don't tell us. .After going out to the shops in the late afternoon your missus came home in the evening and cooked your dinner. 555

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

No way does a woman who wakes up regretting her action then file rape charges as a solution. What she wants in such a situation is to put it behind her, have as few people know as possible, not turn it into an ongoing saga which she will be questioned about extensively and will become widely known.

For sure she believed she had been drugged and taken advantage of. What we have no way of knowing is whether she is correct or jumped to a wrong conclusion because she could not really remember.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A study commissioned by the UK Home Office found that 4% of rape accusations by women were found to be either false or strongly suspected to be false.  Statistics in Europe and the US suggest a similar prevalence of false rape accusations by women, in the range of 2-6%.  False rape accusations are not insignificant whatever the motives for this anti-social behaviour that can ruin the life of the falsely accused may be. 

Where you have 4 out of every 100 rape reports being false it is hard to believe that all the accusers simply couldn't remember clearly whether or not they had consented to have sex after agreeing to go home with a strange man and thought they had better ruin the guy's life with a rape charge, just to be on the safe side.  Imagine what kind of a life this guy is going back to in France now after being in a hellish prison in Thailand for 3 months accused of rape and paraded in front of the cameras - any job, family or friends left?

21 hours ago, robblok said:

I would normally not take a woman that drunk with me.. but if I were really drunk too wonder who would be guilty then. Though sex would be out of the question if i was really drunk I would be sleeping the moment my head would hit a pillow.

nothing worse than 'brewers drip'

On 6/4/2018 at 8:45 PM, robblok said:

I would normally not take a woman that drunk with me.. but if I were really drunk too wonder who would be guilty then. Though sex would be out of the question if i was really drunk I would be sleeping the moment my head would hit a pillow.

In the States, if a woman was drinking, then she can't give consent, and the man is guilty, even if he was also drinking. This is because a woman can't think for herself when legally inebriated, but a man knows clearly what he is doing at all times. The new equality, right? Yes, passed out is a different story. 

13 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

A study commissioned by the UK Home Office found that 4% of rape accusations by women were found to be either false or strongly suspected to be false.  Statistics in Europe and the US suggest a similar prevalence of false rape accusations by women, in the range of 2-6%.  False rape accusations are not insignificant whatever the motives for this anti-social behaviour that can ruin the life of the falsely accused may be. 

Where you have 4 out of every 100 rape reports being false it is hard to believe that all the accusers simply couldn't remember clearly whether or not they had consented to have sex after agreeing to go home with a strange man and thought they had better ruin the guy's life with a rape charge, just to be on the safe side.  Imagine what kind of a life this guy is going back to in France now after being in a hellish prison in Thailand for 3 months accused of rape and paraded in front of the cameras - any job, family or friends left?

Never engage into any sexual activity without turning on ... your camera. Keep all video records to prove your innocence. 

Ordeal Ends For French Cop Accused Of Koh Tao Rape

By Carol Isoux, Contributor

a2_2o0wALf-696x427.jpg

Police question Yohann Michel Tounga Mbouka on April 9.

KOH TAO — A French cop accused of raping an 18-year-old Briton on Koh Tao was released Saturday from police custody and cleared to leave the country after nearly two months of investigation.

Yohann Michel Tounga Mbouka, a 25-year-old police officer on holiday in Thailand with a group of colleagues, saw his life turned upside down in early April after a one-night stand with a young British backpacker who later accused him of drugging and raping her.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/06/06/ordeal-ends-for-french-cop-accused-of-koh-tao-rape/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-06-06

14 hours ago, Mac98 said:

In the States, if a woman was drinking, then she can't give consent, and the man is guilty, even if he was also drinking. This is because a woman can't think for herself when legally inebriated, but a man knows clearly what he is doing at all times. The new equality, right? Yes, passed out is a different story. 

Similar in the UK. Football player jailed for rape based on the girl being too drunk to consent. Later freed on appeal after years in prison and a ruined career. Club afraid to take him back because of 'activists". More recent, two Irish rugby players acquitted - but sacked by their club who were again scared of 'activists'.

Rape is a vile crime and rapists deserve harsh punishments. But false accusations based on regret, being too drunk and not clearly remembering or some other possibly vindictive reasons are equally vile. And those accused, even when fully acquitted, can still suffer financial loss, and face prejudice and boycott.

Yes, but the video evidence ....... walking to his room, hand in hand. Leaving his room later together for a visit to the 7-11 for 'supplies' also walking hand in hand, then in the morning .........

“We had sex again in the morning, when nobody had anything to drink,” he said. He then took her to a taxi, where she kissed him goodbye, an exchange also caught on camera before returning to her friends.

Three days later she decides she was raped .......

On 6/5/2018 at 5:55 PM, Bluespunk said:

Clearly I disagree with this judge.

As do others in the article you quote

Also from the article

''CBC reported that the judiciary committee has received at least 10 complaints about Justice Lenehan, but that provincial court matters are out of its jurisdiction. The prosecution said it will review his ruling before deciding whether to appeal.

This is not the first time questions have been raised about how a Canadian court interprets sexual consent.

Alberta Justice Robin Camp could find himself removed from the bench after he questioned why a sex-assault complainant did not "keep (her) knees together".

Drunk means no consent.

If both parties have imbibed in alcoholic beverages, "neither" party are able to consent. Did she "sexually assault" him by envelopment.

(Western Law) is adapting  to preclude women capable of rape.

There are sufficient predators from both genders seeking liaison and many a false report.

Time to retire the white steed, as vigilantism is dangerous.

10 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

If both parties have imbibed in alcoholic beverages, "neither" party are able to consent. Did she "sexually assault" him by envelopment.

(Western Law) is adapting  to preclude women capable of rape.

There are sufficient predators from both genders seeking liaison and many a false report.

Time to retire the white steed, as vigilantism is dangerous.

"Time to retire the white steed, as vigilantism is dangerous."

No, don't think so.

Drunk means consent cannot be given.

Classic ThaiVisa.

Video evidence of the couple returning at night to 7/11 to gather supplies, walking hand in hand.

Video evidence of the couple kissing goodbye in the next morning.

"This is not a French name"

"it seems 12000€ is the price to get out of a rape case"

Never change ?

23 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

"Time to retire the white steed, as vigilantism is dangerous."

No, don't think so.

Drunk means consent cannot be given.

Therefore you have a toxilogy report prior to mounting your steed to establishing virtue, Consent is a two- way- street.

10 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If someone is drunk they cannot give consent.

Gender is not the issue.

So what about when she banged him again in the morning, and they were both sober.

Rape in the evening, then consensual in the morning?

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So what about when she banged him again in the morning, and they were both sober.

Rape in the evening, then consensual in the morning?

There can be no consent if someone is drunk.

What people do when sober is their choice, as long as both parties consent.

Still good to see you concede that there is no consent if drunk.

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If someone is drunk they cannot give consent.

Gender is not the issue.

Both parties may have some intoxication, You Sir, are throw the man under the bus without validation.

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

There can be no consent if someone is drunk.

What people do when sober is their choice, as long as both parties consent.

Why you mention the actions of sober people is a mystery.

Still good to see you concede that there is no consent if drunk.

Thai police seem to think drunk sex can be consensual, and it's their country, and they've let him go.

Canadian judge says it's OK too (so that's the international law taken care of).

I'm going to go with their decision, and stick yours in my 'white knight virtue signalling' bin.

Just now, BritManToo said:

Thai police seem to think drunk sex can be consensual

Canadian judge says it's OK too.

I'm going to go with their decision, and stick yours in my 'white knight virtue signalling' bin.

The actions of the single judge you quoted was condemned by others and experts in law [in the same article, which also mentioned 10 official complaints against his decisions in the past].

I'll go with the view of those who disagreed with his 'thoughts'.

No consent if drunk.

16 hours ago, Mac98 said:

It's far too easy for a girl or woman to cry "rape" when she feels hard done by, or to escape repercussions. I know of a case in the UK where a man took a girl home from a night club, and when she woke up later and realised the trouble she was going to be in when she got home, went home told her father that she had been raped. The father called the police who arrested the man because it also transpired that the girl was only 14. When the case came to court, the case was thrown out, but only because the man proved that the girl had used a false ID to get into the club (a person has to be at least 18 years old to get into a night club in the UK) and lied about her age, but it also came out in court (apparently unbeknownst to the father) that she had apparently made false accusations before.  But if the latter had not come out in court, who knows what the outcome might have been?

Archived